Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing a failure to mod?

Options
  • 13-09-2019 2:36pm

...I appreciate there is a appeal process where Mods take action and a poster disagrees.

What about the converse, where a post is obviously trolling or personal and makes no reference whatever to the topic, but the Mods stubbornly refuse to take any action, despite 3 reports over most of a week?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Conor74,

I've moved your thread to Help Desk as it's in relation to moderation. The first step would be to PM the Mods of the forum to try to see where they stand on the matter and see if ye can come to an understanding. In some cases, they may feel that action is not required. If the response is unsatisfactory or you don't get a response, you can contact the CMods. Starting a thread within Help Desk (or continuing this thread) is another possibility where CMods and Admins may provide their take on the situation.

Thanks for that Mark.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm going to have a word with the local mods about this, as on the face of it some action should have been taken in connection with that post as it was making a personal dig at you

Beasty wrote: »
    I'm going to have a word with the local mods about this, as on the face of it some action should have been taken in connection with that post as it was making a personal dig at you

Thanks. I appreciate that.

TBH, the irritating thing isn't so much the post, which is not that abusive or insulting, it's almost civil...it's just very clearly off topic and trolling. The irritating thing is that the mods must know it should be snipped but are obviously refusing to apply the rules to make some point. Which is awful modding.

Advertisement