Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racial abuse towards immigrants.

Options
  • 13-09-2019 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

The other day I witnessed a disgraceful scene. Some local Travellers were shouting racist abuse at a group of African immigrants, using racial slurs and telling them to leave the country. I was appalled. It's always upsetting to see this sort of behaviour, but it's especially upsetting to see one group of oppressed people attack another in this fashion. Have any of you witnessed similar incidents?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

One group of oppressed people oppressing another?
    This will go well :D

Who knew our ethnic brethren could top the Kapo's?

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Achebe wrote: »
    The other day I witnessed a disgraceful scene. Some local Travellers were shouting racist abuse at a group of African immigrants, using racial slurs and telling them to leave the country. I was appalled. It's always upsetting to see this sort of behaviour, but it's especially upsetting to see one group of oppressed people attack another in this fashion. Have any of you witnessed similar incidents?

I was in a garage waiting to be served. There was an Asian man in front of me buying scratch cards or something. When he left the South Asian, (Indian/Pakistani) chap rolled his eyes, "the Chinese can't gamble".
    Basically people can be dicks regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

In Rwanda a group of Hutu people were bussed in by the government to kill Tutsi people.

All the international powers turned a blind eye because they thought it’d be good for them if the Hutu were in charge.

Thousands killed.

People from places like this come to Ireland and get offered a safe place to live where the worst thing that’ll happen to you is a traveller might tell you to go back to your own country.

188 euro a week and a free house if you need it.

People on boards trying to shame us all because of this traveller.

To make sure no genuine case is sent back we have very relaxed laws which allow a pile of economic migrants in.

The hospitals and schools are about to burst.

Let’s sit here and talk about a racist idiot and all feel bad about it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Neither of these groups are oppressed incidentally. The Travellers can’t stand anyone who’s not a Traveller. I was assisting a Traveller woman yesterday to access benefits, as I have assisted her for 15 years. She answered a call on her mobile in the middle of it and told the caller that she was talking to “yer wan”.
    She knows my name as well as her own but she really can’t be bothered with using it.
    No I don’t want any thanks for helping her I get paid enough. I’d like if she gave me the same respect I give her though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dr Brown wouldn't know who to cheer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭briany

Sounds like the OP is trying to stir the pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Obviously Troll is obviously trolling.

How do you know they were migrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Maybe they were still carrying their suitcases?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

BDI wrote: »
    In Rwanda a group of Hutu people were bussed in by the government to kill Tutsi people.

All the international powers turned a blind eye because they thought it’d be good for them if the Hutu were in charge.

Thousands killed.

People from places like this come to Ireland and get offered a safe place to live where the worst thing that’ll happen to you is a traveller might tell you to go back to your own country.

188 euro a week and a free house if you need it.

People on boards trying to shame us all because of this traveller.

To make sure no genuine case is sent back we have very relaxed laws which allow a pile of economic migrants in.

The hospitals and schools are about to burst.

Let’s sit here and talk about a racist idiot and all feel bad about it together.

Even for boards level intelligence this is the ladybird version of what happened in Rwanda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

I overheard a young male barista in Cork Coffee Roasters ask a gentleman what part of the world he came from.

I was bemused to say the least, since I'm a rugby fan, and the gentleman was Simon Zebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That's nothing. There's a young woman on the television quite regularly these days who keeps calling Paul O'Connell Ronan O'Gara!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Even for boards level intelligence this is the ladybird version of what happened in Rwanda

Here’s the full version I will type it all out every time I mention it, sorry I bow to your obvious superior intellect.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

I know some of the people in question.

jimgoose wrote: »
    That's nothing. There's a young woman on the television quite regularly these days who keeps calling Paul O'Connell Ronan O'Gara!! :mad:

You wouldn't mind, but he had already made his order, so his accent should have been a giveaway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

images-jpeg-1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I seen a bunch of Birmingham Sunni's abuse a Shia Muslim in a takeaway in Galway because he was using the same oil to fry a few breast's of chicken.

The numptys didn't realize that all the chicken in that restaurant was halal, bunch of sectarian numptys.

He was Iraqi and the other guy's were from England...

They're all at it, it's not racism op it's just you'll get people dicking around in all areas of the community

WB Yokes wrote: »
    images-jpeg-1.jpg

Ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I once saw a redhead tell a blonde he was stoopid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Travellers hate immigrants because they're an easy target to blame their troubles on. I remember during the Mags Cash fiasco I was looking at her page and the amount of comments giving out about black bastards and romanians getting free houses from her and her ilk was hilarious.
    Poor uneducated people are more likely to use immigrants as scapegoats for their own misfortunes.
    Many times I've seen inner city Dub kids and adults give black people stick, using the N word etc. It's sad but not surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,000 ✭✭✭Cordell

Some local Travellers were shouting racist abuse at a group of African immigrants, using racial slurs and telling them to leave the country. I was appalled.
    But were they appalled? Did they feel so appalled that they actually left the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

BDI wrote: »

Thousands killed.

Ah bless..... you really think they're genuine asylum seekers...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hobosan wrote: »
    I overheard a young male barista in Cork Coffee Roasters ask a gentleman what part of the world he came from.

I was bemused to say the least, since I'm a rugby fan, and the gentleman was Simon Zebo.

Cork people think "the world" is Cork. He clearly just was asking whether he was from Charleville or Ballydehob

Cork people think "the world" is Cork. He clearly just was asking whether he was from Charleville or Ballydehob

Then Simons blunt response, "Cork" will have left him unsatisfied.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,635 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This really is not "Current Affairs" and is the type of thread that will only serve to stir the pot. I'm therefore closing it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement