Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptopsdirect.ie aka Buyitdirect.co.uk are a travesty

Options
  • 13-09-2019 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Don't go with laptopsdirect.ie unless you're willing to pit an opportunity for a nice, cheap laptop against the risk that should the laptop be defective you'll have little hope of getting the help you need. If that sounds like a risk you're willing to take then, and only then, should you maybe consider going with this company.

Their laptops are cheap and that's fine when it works out. We bought one from them last year and aside from a two-week delay and BS from their support before it was dispatched, the item eventually arrived in perfect working order. So I was, regretably, happy to take the chance with them a second time.

The second laptop we ordered (refurbished) had an issue from day 1. I tried numerous fixes and eventually issued a request for warranty repairs a few weeks after purchase. They replied saying a courier would collect the package the following day.

The courier did not arrive and that was 28 days ago. All that remains of the dream of a nice, cheap laptop is a taped box sitting in my hallway and a €700 deficit in my bank account.

Since then I've had 5 no-shows, each time they blame the courier. When I ask if the courier has even responded to them, they ignore the question.

Four times during this period I have asked for a return call from a manager. These requests were ignored. They just reply with, "We have contacted the courier and will get back to you soon - sincere apologies".

I even numbered my questions in the hopes that the reps would be able to discern the questions and reply:

1. Can I get a call back?
    2. Has the courier responded to your requests?

Nope.
    "We have contacted the courier and will get back to you soon - so
    sincerely sorry for the trouble".

I tried calling.

A 22-minute call cost me 7 euro, on hold for 15 mins to an 0871 number (often for-profit numbers for the vendor). I used skype to try reduce costs and it was still over 30 cent per minute. After the chat with an obnoxious rep, I was told to email them to continue the process.

I've gone from wanting a replacement to wanting a refund. They offered this themselves. I asked them how to go about this and they replied that I can't get a refund because I now have the laptop for 60 days. It's a 90-day warranty, and 30 of those 60 days are due to their inteptitude.

Before writing this glowing review I have emailed their managing director (or at least their 2006 managing director) and today their reps replied to a review I left on trustpilot.com. I'll update this if they manage to redeem themselves in any way, shape or form. I don't have much hope...

Seriously, seriously, think carefully before you order from this company.

Advertisement