Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts of an unapologetic teacher

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Insightful thread. Some posters up in arms, claiming teachers are overpaid for doing a useless job.

Other posters smugly suggesting that teachers are paid a pittance.

Which is it?

Both, tbh.

I don't know that a religion and geography teacher is worth €47k of taxpayers' money per year.

At the same time, €47k hardly buys bragging rights to being "well off." The average graduate starts off on €33k, and the OP is 36 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

Both, tbh.

I don't know that a religion and geography teacher is worth €47k of taxpayers' money per year.

At the same time, €47k hardly buys bragging rights to being "well off." The average graduate starts off on €33k, and the OP is 36 years old.

Actually you can be on 20k and still be well off. Everyone's financial circumstances are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭JizzBeans

Both, tbh.

Ah but I only work a few months of the year, and don't worry about me, as soon as I go up a point or two more on the scale il get even more taxpayers money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

JizzBeans wrote: »
    Ah but I only work a few months of the year, and don't worry about me, as soon as I go up a point or two more on the scale il get even more taxpayers money

More lies....

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    More lies....

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Both, tbh.

“Both”? They’re both underpaid & overpaid? OK - if you say so. That makes about as much sense as the rest of your posts tbh.

Strange thread. I’m still none the wiser as to why there’s so much teacher bashing, but there’s certainly a lot of it about.

Right so, I’m off. Enjoy yourselves.

Big thumbs to all the teachers from me 😀

Insightful thread. Some posters up in arms, claiming teachers are overpaid for doing a useless job.

Other posters smugly suggesting that teachers are paid a pittance.

Which is it?

You’ve all proved the OP’s original post many times over.

Majority of people have said they have no issues with teachers

They have an issue with the OP who happen to claim they are a teacher.....they could be any profession and still take issue with the stuff been posted up here....

It’s a troll thread to get as many replies, the OP is constantly changing story to try and get a bigger reaction...I’m not sure if he remembers why he started the thread

Just look at last few posts, story changes with each posts....

Can we get back to talking about the baaaaad teachers again.

Majority of people have said they have no issues with teachers

They have an issue with the OP who happen to claim they are a teacher.....they could be any profession and still take issue with the stuff been posted up here....

It’s a troll thread to get as many replies, the OP is constantly changing story to try and get a bigger reaction...I’m not sure if he remembers why he started the thread

Just look at last few posts, story changes with each posts....

What parts of the story changed exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Not quite, I stand by my OP. You are just another poster who proves my original point. I am reluctant to engage with you because you have nothing, you can't seem to separate problems with the system from employees and you have resorted to character attacks. Your spiel just isn't that good....

Pfft

Ha ha ha.

I didn't think you could get any worse but boy did you prove me wrong.

You're reluctant to engage with me because I've made a fool of you, not because I "have nothing" (what does that mean anyway?).

I have attacked your character because you have proven yourself to be an odious individual who condescends to all and sundry whilst taking offence to everything.

"you spiel just isn't that good", I'll just say that I hope you never educate my kids.

You think I'm proving your point? All I've done, and I'm not alone in this as others have done it too, is show up how ridiculous your OP was and how devoid of insight you are.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Good for you.

I'm mostly retired now, but make significantly more money than you in the few hours I do work. And I'm not all that much older than you.

Yeah I mean these 3 are fixated on being "well off" and 47k.

°°°°°

“Both”? They’re both underpaid & overpaid? OK - if you say so. That makes about as much sense as the rest of your posts tbh.

Strange thread. I’m still none the wiser as to why there’s so much teacher bashing, but there’s certainly a lot of it about.

Right so, I’m off. Enjoy yourselves.

Big thumbs to all the teachers from me 😀

There really isn't any teacher bashing, something else you've chosen to ignore.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    There really isn't any teacher bashing, something else you've chosen to ignore.

Post #2 for starters

Good for you.

I'm mostly retired now, but make significantly more money than you in the few hours I do work. And I'm not all that much older than you.

Amazing, I would love that.

°°°°°

Treppen wrote: »
    Post #2 for starters

Tongue in cheek banter = lynch mobs outside the school gates?

Glazers Out!

Tongue in cheek banter = lynch mobs outside the school gates?

Oh just banter then is it! Grand. I thought this thread was serious.

I suppose it's nice to know you acknowledge the teacher bashing is just mostly stereotypes, and tired old tropes. Nothing of any substance.

°°°°°

Treppen wrote: »
    Oh just banter then is it! Grand. I thought this thread was serious.

I suppose it's nice to know you acknowledge the teacher bashing is just mostly stereotypes, and tired old tropes. Nothing of any substance.

Nothing of any substance?
    Are you talking about your own posts?

Glazers Out!

Yeah I mean these 3 are fixated on being "well off" and 47k.

You have kept banging on about your wages since post #1....

• Advertisement

Good for you.

Strange as just a few months ago, you were saying how work keeps you going and how you would get bored easily after a few days on holiday.

Now all of a sudden you are retired early, and use it to slip in a dig into the teacher.

47k is a great salary for the level of knowledge required to teach second level. The exception being Dublin.

Pfft

Ha ha ha.

I didn't think you could get any worse but boy did you prove me wrong.

You're reluctant to engage with me because I've made a fool of you, not because I "have nothing" (what does that mean anyway?).

I have attacked your character because you have proven yourself to be an odious individual who condescends to all and sundry whilst taking offence to everything.

"you spiel just isn't that good", I'll just say that I hope you never educate my kids.

You think I'm proving your point? All I've done, and I'm not alone in this as others have done it too, is show up how ridiculous your OP was and how devoid of insight you are.

Don't break your arm jerking yourself off there...

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

rizzodun wrote: »
    With the way that post is constructed, with it's rambling points leading nowhere, thank **** you don't teach English.

I'm not sure if anyone else has commented, but it's "its" not it's.

°°°°°

Don't break your arm jerking yourself off there...

People in glass houses.

Your OP was an exercise in puerile willy waving nonsense and you've been put in your place after repeatedly misrepresentating what I and others had said in response to you and now I'm the one jerking myself off?

Pathetic.

Glazers Out!

salonfire wrote: »
    Strange as just a few months ago, you were saying how work keeps you going and how you would get bored easily after a few days on holiday.

True, but things have changed lately, due to circumstances beyond my control. I am a bit bored though, I'll admit.
    Now all of a sudden you are retired early, and use it to slip in a dig into the teacher.

This teacher is crowing from the rooftops that he works only 18 hours a week for a few months of the year, is well off on €47k, and has the life of Reilly compared to the "commoners." He's hardly doing the image of teachers (or public sector workers) any good.

The account was created for this thread.

Based on the English alone used so far I doubt this person got past Junior Cert level education.

It's a troll thread. Why would someone create an account on boards just for one thread and not post on any other thread.

Don't waste your time

• Advertisement

People in glass houses.

Your OP was an exercise in puerile willy waving nonsense and you've been put in your place after repeatedly misrepresentating what I and others had said in response to you and now I'm the one jerking myself off?

Pathetic.

Your repeating yourself now

The account was created for this thread.

Based on the English alone used so far I doubt this person got past Junior Cert level education.

It's a troll thread. Why would someone create an account on boards just for one thread and not post on any other thread.

Don't waste your time

Why do you keep coming back so?

°°°°°

Your repeating yourself now

I'll repeat something for you now...

What am I preaching and how exactly can or should I practice it?

You still haven't answered that.

Glazers Out!

Why do you keep coming back so?

Why would you create an account just for this thread

Life doesn't seem so rosy now does it :P

Why would you create an account just for this thread

Life doesn't seem so rosy now does it :P

I think we both know my life is rosy:D

• Advertisement

Keep telling yourself that and it will come true.....

If it was so rosy you wouldnt hide behind a new account.....

Half eleven on a school morning — shouldn't you be working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Threads a mess. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement