Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barry Leninan

• 13-09-2019 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭

This dude is the Political person ,correspondent, reporter, or whatever you like on Rte.

Have listened to his reportage and I put a fair bit recently and I have to say I have never come across a more anti Government,biased, reporter, in my opinion, for a long time.

He seems to froth at the mouth, piling on the most negative stuff from any issue, and steering the dialogue against the Govt. at every opportunity, never seeming to say anything positive.
    He seems to love horsing the blame for everything on the ‘Gubbermint’ and constantly drives interviews into ‘blame the Gubbermint mode’

That’s just my opinion, would be interested if others see him like that.

That’s if you have ever heard of him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Is he the guy that says “Mary” in a funny way when talking to Mary Wilson? If it’s him, I don’t mind him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

honeybear wrote: »
    Is he the guy that says “Mary” in a funny way when talking to Mary Wilson? If it’s him, I don’t mind him

haha, I was going to say the same thing.

Good afternoon Mary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

honeybear wrote: »

Could be, listen out for him next time, can’t wait to dump on the Govt,in my opinion.Kind of strange for a reporter.Mad to get the boot in.

Seems to frothing at the mouth every time he comes on.

This dude is the Political person ,correspondent, reporter, or whatever you like on Rte.

Have listened to his reportage and I put a fair bit recently and I have to say I have never come across a more anti Government,biased, reporter, in my opinion, for a long time.

He seems to froth at the mouth, piling on the most negative stuff from any issue, and steering the dialogue against the Govt. at every opportunity, never seeming to say anything positive.
    He seems to love horsing the blame for everything on the ‘Gubbermint’ and constantly drives interviews into ‘blame the Gubbermint mode’

That’s just my opinion, would be interested if others see him like that.

That’s if you have ever heard of him.

He's more of a features correspondent than purely news, so his job is mainly to feature other people's experiences and grievances -- for example, the other day, when he broadcast a piece on problems with school-bus resources for kids in rural Ireland.

That may come across as being critical of the Government, but it's his job to advance/ to articulate the viewpoint of the people he features.

Personally I find Olivia O Leary's soapbox columns tedious, toadyish towards Fine Gael, and teeming with suburban self-satisfaction. But hey, it's an opinion column. It isn't supposed to be have the same degree of balance as news reporting does -- nor are features expected to meet that standard.

All part of holding the Government to account. The media works for the people to keep the Government (of any hue or persuasion) in check; it mustn't ever be the other way around.

He's more of a features correspondent than purely news, so his job is mainly to feature other people's experiences and grievances -- for example, the other day, when he broadcast a piece on problems with school-bus resources for kids in rural Ireland.

That may come across as being critical of the Government, but it's his job to advance/ to articulate the viewpoint of the people he features.

Personally I find Olivia O Leary's soapbox columns tedious, toadyish towards Fine Gael, and teeming with suburban self-satisfaction. But hey, it's an opinion column. It isn't supposed to be have the same degree of balance as news reporting does -- nor are features expected to meet that standard.

All part of holding the Government to account. The media works for the people to keep the Government (of any hue or persuasion) in check; it mustn't ever be the other way around.

Well Tee, I heard him on Drivetime tonight on the Noel Grealish issue and despite the fact that Mr G in an Independent and has no formal agreement with the govt. Lenihan turned himself inside out trying to link his remarks to the Govt.and throw shade their way.
    This is what prompted this thread as it’s not the first time I have noticed this.

Agree with you view on O’Leary’s pieces, they do not have to fulfil the same balance stats.

I do have to say though that Lenihan seems to enjoy his role of frothing at the Govt.and might be advised to be a tad more ‘balanced’ in his output.

Bit like Oliver Callan and Gene Kerrigan on Twitter all they want is to hose out the negativity, forget about anything positive.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I've found a recording of a 2FM news report this guy had done.... at aged 21 / 22 in early 2014..
    He sounded just as strange then, as he does now...

??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I've found a recording of a 2FM news report this guy had done.... at aged 21 / 22 in early 2014..
    He sounded just as strange then, as he does now...

??????

He's old beyond his years.

imme wrote: »
    He's old beyond his years.

He’s mr ‘gloom and doom’

For Jaysus sake speak normally ,don’t roll in like the grim reaper, dude.

Your job isn’t to put the shiïts up the public.

Just report the facts, without the funereal monotone.

Thanking you.

Seems to have been ‘spancelled’ a bit lately.

Not rolling in like an attack dog straining on the leash so much.

Didnt get a Tokyo gig I think….thought he might.

You are frothing when you post here too, tear a new hole etc, etc

• Advertisement

Small bit of froth indeed, could be just toothpaste.

Thanks for that.

Advertisement