Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media is Sh1t

• 13-09-2019 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Currently no tv or broadband connection in my area. Was told there is an issue and estimated fix is 20:30. It’s bad enough never knowing if ur recordings will work and the constant resetting of my internet radio settings, but having no service at all is just the pits. If only I lived in a house so I could get Sky.
    I know eir get a lot of slagging but I never had a single issue with the quality of their service. VM on the other hand, oh dear ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭domeld

Currently no tv or broadband connection in my area. Was told there is an issue and estimated fix is 20:30. It’s bad enough never knowing if ur recordings will work and the constant resetting of my internet radio settings, but having no service at all is just the pits. If only I lived in a house so I could get Sky.
    I know eir get a lot of slagging but I never had a single issue with the quality of their service. VM on the other hand, oh dear ....

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

You posted at 10 past 7 that they'll have it fixed in less than an hour and a half. Bit of perspective needed there I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Also, first world problems ahoy !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

ArthurG wrote: »
    You posted at 10 past 7 that they'll have it fixed in less than an hour and a half. Bit of perspective needed there I think.

I never once had a loss of service with Eir. And no issues with recordings stopping half way through due to a technical error, that is happening fairly often in my 2 months with VM.
    Now I am only with VM about 2 months, and I knew already that their Horizon box is very prone to problems. And I don’t think Sky has issues like VM are known for.
    But yes I agree, this is a first world problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Eir or what was eircon was absolutely shocking.... Outages all the time, over charging, actual amounts taken wrong

They actually took over €600 off my credit card. Never got it back either. What was owed was 267. They were still looking for more.

Shocking service.

• Advertisement

Eir or what was eircon was absolutely shocking.... Outages all the time, over charging, actual amounts taken wrong

They actually took over €600 off my credit card. Never got it back either. What was owed was 267. They were still looking for more.

Shocking service.

Yep I’ve heard all the horror stories about eir. But for me the quality of their product was more or less faultless, and the closing down of account was smooth. But it would drive you demented trying to deal with their customer service, on that they were worse than VM. My decision to switch to VM was because eir just became too expensive and they were not providing bt sports any more.
    I think this horizon box with VM is just trying to do too much, and therefore recordings break down due to technical error. Or else connection just break down at that time or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I find VM Broadband the best of the bunch (have not tried SIRO). I have never had them with TV. Anytime there has been an issue with VM they were able to resolve it straight away or within the next working day.

Providers that use the Eir infrastructure can be left longer than a day to get things resolved. OP, you said Sky TV isn't available. Why is that?

I find VM Broadband the best of the bunch (have not tried SIRO). I have never had them with TV. Anytime there has been an issue with VM they were able to resolve it straight away or within the next working day.

Providers that use the Eir infrastructure can be left longer than a day to get things resolved. OP, you said Sky TV isn't available. Why is that?

I live in an apartment building. And although some flats do have a satellite dish (although they are not suppose to as per mgmt company rules), because of the position of my flat and it’s balcony, was told by sky technician it wasn’t possible to get a dish signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I live in an apartment building. And although some flats do have a satellite dish (although they are not suppose to as per mgmt company rules), because of the position of my flat and it’s balcony, was told by sky technician it wasn’t possible to get a dish signal.

I know that it's a bit late now as you are in a contract with VM. But Sky do have communal dishes installed in some apartment buildings. It might be worth giving them a shout here to see if your building is available when the time comes.

I know that it's a bit late now as you are in a contract with VM. But Sky do have communal dishes installed in some apartment buildings. It might be worth giving them a shout here to see if your building is available when the time comes.

Oh I remember checking about that back in 2016 when I moved from VM to Eir, and they didn’t have it in my place then. I didn’t think to check this time, but probably would have heard about it from mgmt company if they had put it in after 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Look at getting a shared dish fitted... Much better idea then the illegal fitting of single ones.

VM connection been going on/off all day today. Mostly it comes back after a minute or 2, but was gone for couple of hrs on 1 time.
    At the moment tv is back but no sound. Oh no, picture is gone again.
    Really awful service. I never had these issues with Eir.

Anyone else in the D24 area been experiencing issues with VM today?? All days it’s stopping then coming back, and often when it comes back there is no volume on tv and u have to reboot. So annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Sh1t happens.

Have you contacted their support desk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Jebus, I hope it comes back soon so this this thread could be put to death....

degsie wrote: »
    Jebus, I hope it comes back soon so this this thread could be put to death....

Lol. What are you looking for on here?? A chapter of a new original Don Quixote??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You probably have the option to cancel service without penalty, aren’t they doing price increases ?

Then you can run away and get married to Eir or something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Thanks for coming on the Broadband forum to tell us about your TV problems. When you obviously still have internet.

Thanks for coming on the Broadband forum to tell us about your TV problems. When you obviously still have internet.

Nope mr billy big bollix. Tv, broadband and home phone were affected. I have my mobile with 3 so I get unlimited data for €20 a month too so. So there, you don’t seem to know everything after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

here is a radical suggestion use your 3 phone to contact VM and get someone can actually diagnose the issue rather than moan here about it.

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    here is a radical suggestion use your 3 phone to contact VM and get someone can actually diagnose the issue rather than moan here about it.

Doh why did it I think of that??
    Actually I did, and chose to get contacted back via WhatsApp, but just got the standard responses that estimated fix time would be blah blah and then invited to do a survey at the end to rate how they responded.
    So you got some problem that then while I’m sitting there with no tv, broadband or home phone and not able to login to my work, that I check on this boards site if others are having issues or even complain??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Can't even spell sh1t right :rolleyes:

Advertisement