Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replace my Xiaomi Mi A1

• 13-09-2019 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭

My Xiaomi Mi A1 is coming on two years old so I'm going to replace it.

The Mi A3 is an obvious choice as I like this phone (I'm mainly replacing it because the GPS no longer works well and I use it a few times a week as a sat nav in my car).

Am I better off going for the Mi9T Pro though?

Looked at the OnePlus 7 but can't really justify the cost, prefer to spend something in the 300€ range.

I've no real requirements other than dual SIM, well built and reliable, and I'd prefer to buy from Amazon or the likes over a Chinese site.

Comments

imo no need to get the mi 9t pro over the mi 9t.

the snapdragon 730 chip is already plenty strong at nearly 4 times as powerful as the 625 in your a1 on benchmarks.

the rest of the phone is the same except one camera sensor that apparently doesn't make any difference.

the Mi A3 is pretty crap in terms of specs and is basically Xiaomi saying that they couldn't be arsed with android one

a 720p screen ffs and a mediocre cpu. bad value

also miui is good now and with regular security updates coming through google play android one is less relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thanks - the Mi 9T is on the way to me now.

I'm returning my old phone to Amazon, it is 18 months old but the GPS has just given up and made it impossible to use in a car (takes about 20 mins sometimes to get a signal - things like restarting, clearing cache etc. work sometimes but not practical if you are driving a car).

Has anyone experienced this before? I've been on to them on the chat and they told me to return it, just worried as it isn't the most obvious problem so not sure if they will check it in detail or not. I usually just throw old phones in a drawer so I guess it is worth a try - in my mind a phone shouldn't develop such a problem after 18 months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Fantastisch

How much is the a1t?

Thanks - the Mi 9T is on the way to me now.

I'm returning my old phone to Amazon, it is 18 months old but the GPS has just given up and made it impossible to use in a car (takes about 20 mins sometimes to get a signal - things like restarting, clearing cache etc. work sometimes but not practical if you are driving a car).

Has anyone experienced this before? I've been on to them on the chat and they told me to return it, just worried as it isn't the most obvious problem so not sure if they will check it in detail or not. I usually just throw old phones in a drawer so I guess it is worth a try - in my mind a phone shouldn't develop such a problem after 18 months

did Amazon give you a refund after 18 months?!

don't know why it developed a gps issue like that - you'd have to google if it's a problem that has come up with the a1.

could try these suggestions

https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to-fix-xiaomi-mi-gps-problem-methods-quick-troubleshoot/

Advertisement