Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 channel poe dome/turret system recomendations

Options
  • 13-09-2019 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Been playing around with the idea of installing a cctv system on the house.The neighbours house was broken into last night with two cars taken. This has made the decision for me.

Just wondering if any one has any recommendations?

I was looking at the below 8 channel kit including 4 dome cameras + 4 additional dome cameras + 2TB HD

https://www.rfconcepts.ie/4-camera-ip-hilook-by-hikvision-combo-8ch-nvr-4-x-hilook-dome-cameras-3777.html

It poe which is ideal as i'll be using cat 6 cable

Its coming in at €723 including delivery

Will be starting to pull in the cabling next week and will me setting this up in the attic.

Any tips/pointer appreciated.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I recently had a bit of trouble with anti social behaviour in my estate,ordered the 4 ch hilook kit from rfconcepts.ie.

Service was brilliant ordered and arrived within 2 days,very easy to install and set up for remote viewing.

I just used cat 5 cables that i bought off them, cables are very good quality makes running them in simple if i was ordering again i would order the bases for installing the turrets just makes easier to mount.

Daytime viewing is very good hd quality with those cameras but not as good at night still a huge improvement on the old 700tvl system i replaced though.

Have them up about 3months no problem so far bar the bloody spiders making a web on one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

crasy dash wrote: »
    I recently had a bit of trouble with anti social behaviour in my estate,ordered the 4 ch hilook kit from rfconcepts.ie.

Service was brilliant ordered and arrived within 2 days,very easy to install and set up for remote viewing.

I just used cat 5 cables that i bought off them, cables are very good quality makes running them in simple if i was ordering again i would order the bases for installing the turrets just makes easier to mount.

Daytime viewing is very good hd quality with those cameras but not as good at night still a huge improvement on the old 700tvl system i replaced though.

Have them up about 3months no problem so far bar the bloody spiders making a web on one:)

Thanks for the info. What the app like for the phone? Can you program the motion sensor to send notifications when triggered?

evosteo wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. What the app like for the phone? Can you program the motion sensor to send notifications when triggered?

App for the phone is fine you can log in switch between SD and HD search back on recordings etc.

Where I live is on a public road and estate so I just record 24/7 I am sure you it can be set up to email out as there is various settings for motion detection areas etc on each cameras ,sorry I can't help much with that.

crasy dash wrote: »
    App for the phone is fine you can log in switch between SD and HD search back on recordings etc.

Where I live is on a public road and estate so I just record 24/7 I am sure you it can be set up to email out as there is various settings for motion detection areas etc on each cameras ,sorry I can't help much with that.

Thanks for the info. Will place the order during the week. Looking forward to setting it up now

evosteo wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Will place the order during the week. Looking forward to setting it up now

Might be worth calling or emailing RfConcepts before placing the order just to make sure you'll be happy with that kit and setup as my setup might be different to yours.
    I have the turrets fitted on the soffit facing onto my yard with street lighting aand at the rear pir lights which activate to illuminate anybody who enters my yard at night.

• Advertisement

very similar to yourself. im a corner house with street lighting out front and I have 3 x 30 LED pir flood lights surrounding the side and rear of the house so decent lighting. Just have to position the cameras so there would be no glare from the lighting.

Advertisement