Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone 150Mb and 350Mb SIRO FTTH Price Plan Costs

• 14-09-2019 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the current prices for these packages, their website is a mess, all I can find is the promo prices for the 1Gb package which I am currently already on.

I am out of contract end of next month and believe after that I would default back to the 150Mb at the current price but no idea what that is. I'd probably go to at least the 350Mb profile any

Looking to compare prices against Digiweb and Sky who are currently my only options as resellers (wary of Sky based on comments here and Digiweb I'd probably plump for the 1Gb as they only seem to do that or 150Mb).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,951 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Are Airwire not also a reseller option for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭dam099

banie01 wrote: »
    North Dublin so no (if they were I’d be inclined to go with them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

According to Marlow, the 350Mb package is gone so that might explain why Digiweb are not offering it. I'm not sure why the new 500Mb is not yet being retailed.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110856891&postcount=9584

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

btw, would you have heard anything about the quality of service from airwire ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,951 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Martin from Airwire posts on this subforum quite a bit, as do reps from a few other providers.
    Digiweb and Westnet spring to mind.

I can only comment as an observer, as I've not been an Airwire customer, but the engagement and effort I've seen those smaller operators go to.
    Both to help people get connected when there were issues and with stepping up to advise or troubleshoot speaks volumes when compared to the cookie cutter service offered by larger players.

I've been a customer of all the main Telco's and recently returned to VM as FTTC bandwidth limitations were killing me.
    When SIRO is available to me, it will be Airwire or Digiweb that get my custom and I think if a straw poll was taken here, that's an opinion many would share.

• Advertisement

When SIRO is available to me, it will be Airwire or Digiweb that get my custom and I think if a straw poll was taken here, that's an opinion many would share.
    thanks. would you know if Airwire have packages with no FUP ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

mvl wrote: »
    thanks. would you know if Airwire have packages with no FUP ?

They have no cap on their siro product.

@dam099 - sorry for derailing a bit the thread - my contract with VFE is also due soon, but didn't want to get Siro from them yet cause of the FUP.
    Have a question for you: do you know how much in advance you'd need to tell VFE if you don't plan in renewing current contract ?

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

dam099 wrote: »
    Anyone know the current prices for these packages, their website is a mess, all I can find is the promo prices for the 1Gb package which I am currently already on.

I am out of contract end of next month and believe after that I would default back to the 150Mb at the current price but no idea what that is. I'd probably go to at least the 350Mb profile any

Looking to compare prices against Digiweb and Sky who are currently my only options as resellers (wary of Sky based on comments here and Digiweb I'd probably plump for the 1Gb as they only seem to do that or 150Mb).

Hiya, we can offer the 500 Meg package certainly but pricing wise at the moment it's pretty much same price as the 1 Gb package. As pointed out the 350 Meg package is being withdrawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭dam099

mvl wrote: »
    @dam099 - sorry for derailing a bit the thread - my contract with VFE is also due soon, but didn't want to get Siro from them yet cause of the FUP.
    Have a question for you: do you know how much in advance you'd need to tell VFE if you don't plan in renewing current contract ?

I believe its 30 day notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 masterofp

I'm with AirWire for 5 months now. One of the weekends I noticed Netflix was broken (routing issues). I emailed them around 5PM on Sunday. 9PM, the same day(Sunday) I have received reply from Martin that this has been fixed.

This is the level of support you get with AirWire.

Advertisement