Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wallrock fibreliner (insulated wallaper) anyone used it?

• 14-09-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,485 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering has anyone any experience of using Wallrock, i'm doing up and old house 100yrs+ and the walls are a mess with cracks and out of shape, re-plastering isn't really an option and I fear it would only crack again and cost a lot.

Was thinking of trying something like this that would help with fire safety, insulation and tidy up the walls so I could paint or wallpaper them.

https://www.erfurtmav.com/index.php/erfurt-mav-wallpaper-products/wallrock/wallrock-thermal-liner

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

This product is suitable as a localised ‘problem solver’ for cold external walls and is not recommended for use in fire escape routes inside your home unless the surface is further treated with a fire retardant covering. This product is class E fire rated and should not be used for projects such as new builds and extensions where Building regulations are applicable.

The other thing is that the spec seems silent on its permeability/vapour barrier

Are the walls lime based?
    what is the airtightness like in the rest of the house?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,485 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yea there lime based. Airthighness is ok I'm assuming. There not damp but there not exactly dry either the outward facing ones.

Advertisement