Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banned from gaa thread!

• 14-09-2019 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Just got banned because I used the word culchie yet a few pages before hand there was several posts referring dubs as jackeens which is of equal offense to us dubs.
    Yet there were no warnings or bans for any of them.
    And I know I was banned by someone that is from the country basically because the dubs are winning. No point in any of you denying that.
    Since when has boards gone so triggered and liberal??!
    Absolute joke.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,708 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the Dispute Resolution Process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the Dispute Resolution Process

Yes. I have talked to another person that was getting plenty of lads calling him and other dubs jackeens yet nothing was done to them.
    But I call culchie and I get banned.

The moderator is from Meath. It all makes sense now.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,708 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am asking if you have attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you. You started this thread within 5 minutes of being banned, which leads me to suspect that avenue may not have been exhausted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Beasty wrote: »
    I am asking if you have attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you. You started this thread within 5 minutes of being banned, which leads me to suspect that avenue may not have been exhausted

I said yes. I’m not going to beg the mod because I only use boards for the hunting, angling and nature threads more so than anything else.
    But I went to the gaa one.
    Got no warning off him. Just a straight ban for using the words culchie.
    But my problem is that others called the dubs jackeens but nothing got said about it not that we care what they call us. But it’s the same reference as culchie

The process is you engage with the mod first in an attempt to resolve your dispute. That should be done and this avenue needs to be exhausted before starting a thread here. If you choose not to engage with the mod the dispute does not proceed

If by saying "yes" you are indicating you have completed this process, please post the PM exchange here

• Advertisement

Only the OP, CMods/Admins or posters invited by CMod/Admin may post in DR Threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ho dodderangler,

You are still actively posting on the site as of a few days ago. As you have chosen not to reply here in over a month, can we close it?

You have 2 days to reply.

Thanks.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

No response from OP so closing this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement