Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaping equipment hire

Options
  • 15-09-2019 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

hello, does anyone know where or if i could hire a walk behind mulcher or one of those power scythe mowers in the midlands(mullingar area). i am putting down a lawn about the house and the area has old field grass, thistles and ragwort growing in it, it is grown about 2 foot tall so a standard mower wouldn't be an option. small tractor(mf165) mounted implements would also be an option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Ask the local farmers I'm sure one would help out.

Another option is strim a little bit at a time, clear the cut material then put a mower over it.

I've improved areas by just cutting a slightly bigger area each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Canosonic wrote: »
    hello, does anyone know where or if i could hire a walk behind mulcher or one of those power scythe mowers in the midlands(mullingar area). i am putting down a lawn about the house and the area has old field grass, thistles and ragwort growing in it, it is grown about 2 foot tall so a standard mower wouldn't be an option. small tractor(mf165) mounted implements would also be an option.

I rented one a few weeks ago, they dont cut low enough, a farmer with a topper would be faster, cheaper and cut it lower.

Advertisement