Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower ?

Options
  • 15-09-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi, I I was wondering if anyone could give me a recommendation for a new lawnmower, is there anything I should be looking out for?
    I'm looking for an 18-inch (46 cm ) cut width,
    Rear wheel drive with push button start with mulch,
    budget is around 500 to 600

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deanm658

Looking for an engine to suit my bcs matra 103 it has a lombardini ldw 1003

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

I have this

https://www.dewalt.ie/products/dcmw564p2-gb--twin-18v-xr-brushless-lawn-mower-2-x-5ah-battery

You have to push it, but it is really light so it is less work than using the self-propelled petrol mower that it replaced.
    It was 595 from McQUillanTools with the charger and two batteries included. When I got it, it was the only battery-powered mulching mower I could find for less than 1k. I dislike the fumes from petrol mowers.
    It cuts any grass. If it is dry it reduces it to a fine mulch. Hit a big stone with it yesterday and it was fine.
    Sat in a shed all winter. Starts fine no problem. Less maintenance than an engine-driven one.
    The height can be adjusted slightly higher than most mowers.
    The only bad thing about it is that the batteries don't last as long as I would like. They charge quickly. If you an extra charger and two additional batteries you could keep going the whole time, but that would be expensive. You should cover a lot of ground if you keep your lawn in check. If you cut thicker grass it will drain the battery faster.
    I have about a third of an acre of grass. I would never get it all cut in one go with it. I still find it convenient because I don't mind doing it in parts and there is zero hassle with it otherwise. But it would probably be impractical for an area much larger than that.
    I also bought a shredder from the same place and was happy with them both times. With the shredder, they gave me a €50 discount because itw as a few days late delivered (I didn't ask or complain about the delay.)

Advertisement