Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doubt about mixing juice with nicotine shot

Options
  • 15-09-2019 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi guys!

I am new into vaping and enjoying so far, yesterday I bought a bottle of a new juice 50 ml (0 mg) 70/30 VG/PG the guy in the shop gave me a nicotine shot 10 ml (20mg) 50/50, that would make the strength 3,3 more or less which is what I want, but my doubt is about the ratio of the nicotine shot. I have understood the nicotine shots should have the same ratio than the base (juice) when mixing ...

Is it ok to make this new mix? Will the ratio change by adding 10ml 50/50 into the 50ml 70/30 bottle? Any other thought to keep in mind?

I am using the Vaporesso Tarot mini with a 0.5 ohm coil ...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

Nicotine-Shot-Calculator.jpg

Adding a 10ml 20mg (nic salt?) to your 50ml short-fill will only give you approx 3.33mg.

As for the PG/VG ratios, I wouldn't worry about them. It is not going to make a noticeable difference to them.

Sub ohm coils are good for high VG liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

The shot I have is a freebase 10 ml 20mg ( NO Nic salt ) I was worried about mixing different PG/VG ratios, Will give it a go then :)

Cheers Corkie.

I added pure 10ml PG 72mg Nic Salt to Short-fills recently and they vape fine. (12mg result).
    So I was definitely altering the ratios of vg/pg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

m8051 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I am new into vaping and enjoying so far, yesterday I bought a bottle of a new juice 50 ml (0 mg) 70/30 VG/PG the guy in the shop gave me a nicotine shot 10 ml (20mg) 50/50, that would make the strength 3,3 more or less which is what I want, but my doubt is about the ratio of the nicotine shot. I have understood the nicotine shots should have the same ratio than the base (juice) when mixing ...

Is it ok to make this new mix? Will the ratio change by adding 10ml 50/50 into the 50ml 70/30 bottle? Any other thought to keep in mind?

I am using the Vaporesso Tarot mini with a 0.5 ohm coil ...

Thanks in advance.

It's not going to change the ratio to any real noticeable degree in a 50 ml bottle, when you start adding them to bigger bottles then the ratio and flavour profile can take a hit.
    Try to get the nic shots in 100% PG as the PG will carry the flavour better than VG or a mixture of VG/PG.

Thanks Dr Bill V1.5 for clarifying this to me!

Any shop in Dublin or around where I can get them? I have not mixed it yet but if you guys say it won't be noticeable for such amount ( bottle of 50ml ) I meant to give it a go although definitely will follow your advices next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Thanks Dr Bill V1.5 for clarifying this to me!

Any shop in Dublin or around where I can get them? I have not mixed it yet but if you guys say it won't be noticeable for such amount ( bottle of 50ml ) I meant to give it a go although definitely will follow your advices next time.

I'd imagine that all the shops selling juice will have the nic shots in stock.

@Dr Bill V1.5, @corkie: Following this thread up, I've been given a box with loads of samples 10ml (0mg) 70/30 VG/PG ... I wonder if I could vape the samples without adding any nicotine and if it's safe to do so ...

Thanks in advance lads.

^^^ @m8051 Yes it is safe to vape without nic. Some vapors who have decreased there need for it, do it regularly.

As long as there not concentrated flavors, you should be fine.

Hi corkie.

Sorry I am a bit naive when it comes to this but I better ask ... what do you mean by "some vapors who have decreased there need for it, do it regularly"

thanks in advance!

Hi corkie.

Sorry I am a bit naive when it comes to this but I better ask ... what do you mean by "some vapors who have decreased there need for it, do it regularly"

thanks in advance!

Some vapors not dependent on Nicotine, vape without having it in there eliquid.

They may have used high nic, in the past and gradually step down to 0mg. Or nic free eliquid.

• Advertisement

Ooh I understand it now better! I ended up adding a 1.5 mg of nicotine in a few bottles and labeled them, thanks for sharing your thoughts and knowledge ... I appreciated it

Advertisement