Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Collection

• 15-09-2019 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Hi, what’s our best option in Carlow for bin collection? I know we have Ray Whelan or AES but is there much difference in service or prices? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,774 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I left Whelan due to rude office staff and horrible customer service 3 years ago and have never looked back I am now with AES and find them a great service and they work out a few euros a month cheaper for me compared to Whelan as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Some of Whelan's office staff (one especially) have "notions of grandeur" and no manners. I can't fault their collections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

Aes accused me of owing them money when I moved house a few years ago, they said I never cancelled my bins in writing which I had done. I got solicitors letters too and the amount they said I owed was less than €50.

moved to Whelans and have never had a problem with them, with customer service , bin collection or skip hire.

I don't know what AES charge but we pay €24 per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

I am with AES no issues €24 a month for the 3 bins collection every second Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

AES is pretty good.
    The online portal where you can see details of collections as well as the breakdown by type of waste is a bit addictive :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement