Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating with nausea

Options
  • 16-09-2019 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long time boards poster going anon as we're only at 7 weeks, and looking for advice. In a few weeks I'll post in the Due May 2020 thread, with our first. :)

Obviously we're delighted, but I'm really struggling to make sure my wife is properly fed. She's got a lot of nausea, to the point where she can't think about food that much, and I can't list possible choices because that only adds to it. We both work full time, but I'd usually do food prep, and I'm getting frustrated trying to find something that meets her needs and tastes (and this is of course not to be helped, and I'm bottling up that frustration :D).

She's got some particular food allergies, so the number one bland simple item of toast is out, as are a lot of crackers. Has anyone any tips on replacement snacks that I could get in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

You said she cant eat toast, can she eat crackers, eat bars, Liga, chocolate rice bars? Before I suggest stuff itd be good to see what exactly her allergies are.

Plain rice pudding, rice cakes, Greek yoghurt, some fruit and herbal teas, and plain pasta worked for me but only little and often. The main thing is to stay hydrated and not to worry too much. Poor thing, my heart goes out to her but she's got you on hand trying to sort it out and I'm sure that helps a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Happydippy

Eating little and often helped me, it's a bit of trial and error to find food that will go down ok. She should keep fluid intake up and not worry too much about eating healthy right now.
    I found rice pudding good too, and ate lots of fruit as well. I brought lots of snacks when in work like biscuits,fruit, dried fruit and nuts, anything I could manage to get down really. When I was hungry sick feeling got worse.
    Ginger is supposed to help, if she can't eat ginger biscuits try ginger sweets, tea or fresh ginger maybe.
    And it does pass, I'm 18 weeks now and back eating normal, mostly, although strong food smells still make me feel sick.

Advertisement