If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech Enhancement in a sound bar

Options
  • 16-09-2019 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi Lads,
    I'm looking for speech enhancement in a sound bar as I sometimes can't here the dialogue even when its not an action sequence. Don't thing its an age related thing :p

Is there any other sound bar apart from the Sonos Beam which has this feature?

TIA

good one

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

good one wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    I'm looking for speech enhancement in a sound bar as I sometimes can't here the dialogue even when its not an action sequence. Don't thing its an age related thing :p

Is there any other sound bar apart from the Sonos Beam which has this feature?

TIA

good one
    Hey Good One.

You could perhaps have  look at the LG SJ8 which has [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Adaptive Sound Control which helps with speech as it balances out the sound.[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Priced at £299[/font]
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202563-lg-sj8-soundbar.aspx

Or maybe something like the Panasonic SCHT800 which is a 3.1 soundbar. It has a dedicated centre channel which will give clearer vocals. It also allows the left and right to focus on the soundtrack.
    Priced at £599
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204186-panasonic-schtb900-3-1ch-dolby-atmos-soundbar-with-wireless-subwoofer.aspx

Also the Sony HTZF9 which has the same 3.1 set up coming in at £599
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203249-sony-htzf9-soundbar.aspx

There is really nothing else with a dedicated "Speech Enhancement".

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Thanks for the info....

Disregarding the built in Alexa in the Sonos Beam, which would be better, the Sonos Beam or the LGSJ8?

What output has the beam?

TIA again

good one

Thanks for the info....

Disregarding the built in Alexa in the Sonos Beam, which would be better, the Sonos Beam or the LGSJ8?

What output has the beam?

TIA again

good one
    Hey Good One.

not an easy choice.

Both sound good but the subwoofer with the LG does give that extra kick. (You can add a sub to the beam at an extra £699).

The App for Sonos is very hard to beat and makes using their products very easy.
    Sonos don't advertise the wattage of this product unfortunately. I even went through the manual and its not listed there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Thanks Lads 
    Will be in touch when I decide

good one

Thanks Lads 
    Will be in touch when I decide

good one
    No problem at all Good One.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.