Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to limerick

• 16-09-2019 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi Folks, we are a family of 3 moving to Limerick next year. Our son will be starting primary school in Sept 2021. We are considering Ballinacurra, South Circular road and Dooradoyle areas. I will be working in the city and my wife in Dooradoyle.

Can anybody give advice on living in these areas?

Any advice on primary schools?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

South Circular Road would be my pick. Generally nice houses, nice area, which is close enough to town so that one could walk in. Traffic could be an issue when MaryI is in full swing, however. Then again, it's not like Dooradoyle is immune from traffic problems. Can't really comment on Ballinacurra as I have never lived there.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭frankston

South Circular Road would be my pick. Generally nice houses, nice area, which is close enough to town so that one could walk in. Traffic could be an issue when MaryI is in full swing, however. Then again, it's not like Dooradoyle is immune from traffic problems. Can't really comment on Ballinacurra as I have never lived there.

The project school and the model school are both good schools that would be close by south circular road

Advertisement