Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Pandas

• 16-09-2019 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help me from the kids wrecking my head.

One has a Ps4 one has an xbox. The Ps4 apparently has Pandas from an upgrade but the xbox doesn't...

Anyone know if I'm missing anything as both seem to be fully updated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

They do seem to be in the Xbox One Version.
    I had a quick search and had some results confirming they are and can be found inthe jungle biome but came across 1 or 2 that stated they are not on Xbox or Switch yet I have found a video on Reddit that shows a panda in the game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/cvcxcx/xbox_pandas_be_like/

I started playing Minecraft again last night so I might try see if I can find out in my world

Found this from last year when they revealed/announced the panda's https://youtu.be/uVeJ7l1fXZA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭piplip87

What Version are they playing ? There's the Xbox one Edition then there's the better together edition ? From what I've heard the Xbox 1 edition is getting phased out regarding updates.

He better together edition is a free download to those who own the Xbox 1 edition....

May I add it was my 8 year old who told me all of the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

piplip87 wrote: »
    What Version are they playing ? There's the Xbox one Edition then there's the better together edition ? From what I've heard the Xbox 1 edition is getting phased out regarding updates.

He better together edition is a free download to those who own the Xbox 1 edition....

Why would they phase out Xbox updates when MS own Minecraft now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Why would they phase out Xbox updates when MS own Minecraft now?

They are not phasing our Xbox updates, there was an older separate version of mine craft on consoles which was a port of the mobile game while the java one was on pc. Then a few years ago they created the newer version which was released on all the consoles and PCs so the old one is no longer updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

piplip87 wrote: »

Is the full disk version purchased about a year ago so it gets updates, in fact it's recently updated to village and pillage or so I'm told

These flippin pandas appear to have been in the bedrock update last year? At this stage it would be less hassle to buy him a real one!!

His sister had the same version on ps4 and plenty of pandas there, she's gone through his version and either there are no pandas or they have jumped a slow boat to China.

• Advertisement

Pandas spawn in the jungle biomes. If you are playing an old world new stuff may or may not get added to it. In some cases you may have to start a new one. Actually for a lot of this stuff you have to do it in a new world in my experience.

When creating a new world, click the arrow next to the spot to type in a seed. There you can pick "Jungle Temple", and for that world you'll spawn in near one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

He still hasn't managed to get this to work. Is there any way to check if the update has actually applied to the xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

He still hasn't managed to get this to work. Is there any way to check if the update has actually applied to the xbox

Go to the game tile and press the start button on the controller, select Manage Game and it will being up the save data and game data, if there are any updates due, it will show up there

Advertisement