Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Female Fury - Watch out!

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

It might be inconvenient that i prioritise a feminist issue that doesn’t annoy you. Maybe you even agree with it (gasp).

I hear this stuff about women don’t trust a nice guy. I can’t really comment on that. I’ve grand relationships with men and women. In work, friend groups, Friday night pints after work with mixed groups. No bothers.

I’ve seen a fascinating phenomenon in other threads where men have accused me of pretending just to get close to women. Variously because I don’t have any women friends or I can’t get an girlfriend. Neither are true in my case. But I’ve also seen those same posters who accused me of those things, admit they are in those situations. One poster who accused me of all sorts, turns out he was bullied by his wife. He wasn’t allowed out for a pint, couldn’t go see friends.

Others who can’t get or keep a relationship. I don’t take it personally as these blokes are in seriously unhappy and unhealthy situations so they vent on the Internet.

I’ve no idea if what you’re saying is true or not. I’ve been asking whether these posters do any of this “light of truth” stuff in the real world. Of course they don’t. It rarely come up in real life. Nor do I talk about this stuff in the real world unless it comes up.

Fair enough.

I personally don't think it's healthy to be a male feminist (I've noticed that they are very submissive around women), but I will leave it at that.

Have a good weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,604 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Fair enough.

I personally don't think it's healthy to be a male feminist (I've noticed that they are very submissive around women), but I will leave it at that.

Have a good weekend.
    Not I. I tend to be the same around the women. It’s almost as if they’re... normal people with individual differences. Leave it there so.

Why is it relevant if I'm great craic to be around :confused:

Oh here. I’ve no idea about your craic. If you go on about this guff in the real world, you’d be world class bore.

Women are different to men in general. They experience the world differently, this has been verified by studies on babies.

Women tend to be more risk averse, with better social skills. This makes sense from an evolutionary point of view as women were more reliant on social bonds for survival than men. So it makes sense that trait would be selected for in women.

So?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSlInFe8Fhso28Tg2_W1dLGTZ7zUpPxMxg1xOJ0GRGXr0ehQYUU

You were the one that made reference to how much craic I was, I don't follow why you are bringing this up.

Why is it relevant to this conversation if I'm a world class bore?

My interest is dispelling myths and the pursuit of truth.
    Some people are under the false belief that men and women are the same.

Ok. I don’t think anyone has suggested that they are the same in this thread.

I brought it up as a joke. If you want on about this stuff in real life you’d be a bore. And for all the big talk some posters go on about the bravery needed to “blaspheme” against feminism, they don’t actually talk about this stuff in real life. If they did they’d be pretty boring to be around.

Maybe you do go an about this stuff and are boring in real life. I don’t know. That’s all.

Why are you fixated on whether someone is a bore or not? It doesn't really matter if someone is boring. That's not the topic of discussion here.

Ok. Forget it. Doesn’t matter. You’re gone a bit off topic on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Women are different to men in general. They experience the world differently, this has been verified by studies on babies.

Women tend to be more risk averse, with better social skills. This makes sense from an evolutionary point of view as women were more reliant on social bonds for survival than men. So it makes sense that trait would be selected for in women.

I don't know about social skills, but it has been proven that emotional intelligience (in regards to reading of body language) can be learned by men. Men in nursing, teaching, or other fields where interpersonal skills are important scored just as high as women in regards to the reading of body language in a study.

Of course, the study was on the reading of the woman's body language, and I am curious in the result if it was a 'boardroom' meeting vs a relationship meeting.

Advertisement