Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadburys Coolock - Pitch & Putt course for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,225 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's mad how they think it's ok to slap loads of new places everywhere with no upgrades to infrastructure. With this and the Chivers site and what looks like 1000s of residencies going up around Northern Cross, how the f*ck is the Malahide road going to cope? Or the bus routes or the dart stations?
    We really should be looking at getting a Luas from the Darndale Hilton to the city centre via Malahide road and Fairview. It's a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Planning in aswell for a few hundred more apartments down in clongriffen which will have a further affect on the roads locally and public transport plus the old Belcamp school site is to be developed to so the malahide road is going to be crazy. We seem to be going through a phase aswell now where every bit of green has to be built on.
    It's mad how they think it's ok to slap loads of new places everywhere with no upgrades to infrastructure. With this and the Chivers site and what looks like 1000s of residencies going up around Northern Cross, how the f*ck is the Malahide road going to cope? Or the bus routes or the dart stations?
    We really should be looking at getting a Luas from the Darndale Hilton to the city centre via Malahide road and Fairview. It's a no-brainer.

Great idea. I'd extend it further towards Malahide, though. Have a big "Park 'n' Ride" up near Kinsealy or the Castle. Land is probably cheaper and more available near Belmayne alright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

neris wrote: »
    Planning in aswell for a few hundred more apartments down in clongriffen

1,950 apartments in the planning application.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

and dont forget the development when its sold across the train tracks in the Coast/Baldoyle thats another few thousand houses/apartments
    deconduo wrote: »
    1,950 apartments in the planning application.

• Advertisement

I mean I welcome all the new builds because there's a housing shortage. But why in the holy f*ck do the developers not have to contribute towards some kind of infrastructure? Even proper cycle lanes to the city.
    Would it really be beyond this modern city to put a tram out that way too? It'd be full all the time.

I mean I welcome all the new builds because there's a housing shortage. But why in the holy f*ck do the developers not have to contribute towards some kind of infrastructure? Even proper cycle lanes to the city.
    Would it really be beyond this modern city to put a tram out that way too? It'd be full all the time.

They do: See Condition 10.
    The developer shall pay to the planning authority a financial
    contribution in respect of public infrastructure and facilities benefiting
    development in the area of the planning authority that is provided or
    intended to be provided by or on behalf of the authority in accordance
    with the terms of the Development Contribution Scheme made under
    section 48 of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended.

Generally its a figure based on the size and scale of the development to be connected to roads, electrical and water infrastructure, but there have been others.

Fingal Co.Co infamously kept up the Metro North contributions to anything being granted in the area long after it had been shelved.

Yeah I thought there might be some kind of contribution required, but it's not enough really. The fact they're building so much there without improvements to public transport is shocking. Bus Connects probably wont happen and even if it does it's not enough for the Malahide Road.

Advertisement