Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beef strike II what's a fair base price for the Autumn for R=3= steers?

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭memorystick

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Have they nothing better to do.

Yes, but the strong have to defend the weak. Hon the Rathdowney lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

whats the plan down there now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Oh dear god were you a preacher i past life.seems this beef protest is like believing in god. If you believe you can see miracles every where whereas non believers go wtf are tbey thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

dzer2 wrote: »
    The thing is all farmers have time on their side. They are blinded by the regulations set by some one else. Sell them when you get what you want for them. Other than that sit back. Loads of old.lads around here kept their weanlings last autumn got a way better price this spring.

The fact that they got a better price doesn't mean that they made a big profit

K.G. wrote: »
    Oh dear god were you a preacher i past life.seems this beef protest is like believing in god. If you believe you can see miracles every where whereas non believers go wtf are tbey thinking

These men and women will go down in history as having fought one of the most significant battles in the agri world. Pajo and his team have surpassed the stand taken by the infamous 300 at Thermopylae. A place amongst the gods awaits these legendary warriors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

These men and women will go down in history as having fought one of the most significant battles in the agri world. Pajo and his team have surpassed the stand taken by the infamous 300 at Thermopylae. A place amongst the gods awaits these legendary warriors.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

That made me laugh out loud thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭kerryjack

l

Lol
    LOLouder

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

When it's all done and dusted don't forget the names of they who passed the picket for a quick buck.

One haulier who used to draw from here to the factory won't be getting a call again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

riemann wrote: »
    When it's all done and dusted don't forget the names of they who passed the picket for a quick buck.

One haulier who used to draw from here to the factory won't be getting a call again.

So are you saying any factory that Larry owns be included in that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Good loser

riemann wrote: »

Why not forgive and forget?

Many lorry and jeep drivers were intimidated by picketers!

Good loser wrote: »
    Why not forgive and forget?

Many lorry and jeep drivers were intimidated by picketers!

Hmm I wonder why that was.

I says wrote: »
    So are you saying any factory that Larry owns be included in that

What are you saying?

Don't try and tell me what I'm saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

gerryirl wrote: »
    Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. :eek:

Sure didnt our Lord himself get down off the cross to get a double of cattle ready one Friday, if only he'd held out, they rose again Monday.

• Advertisement

mf240 wrote: »
    Sure didnt our Lord himself get down off the cross to get a double of cattle ready one Friday, if only he'd held out, they rose again Monday.

And on the third load, they rose again.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

gerryirl wrote: »

Didnt realise Samuel L Jackson was finishing cattle these days!

And on the third load, they rose again.

Hosanna in the hiace.

Are all the pickets over now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

last one stood down in the last half hour according to 9 oclock news just there now

• Advertisement

mf240 wrote: »
    Are all the pickets over now.

The Rathdowney storm troopers are there until after closing time. Pajo and his unit are being resupplied as we speak, with caskets of Peach Snapps and Spam. Winter regulatory uniforms are also being issued. Josey Wales stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

The Rathdowney storm troopers are there until after closing time. Pajo and his unit are being resupplied as we speak, with caskets of Peach Snapps and Spam. Winter regulatory uniforms are also being issued. Josey Wales stuff.
    Is the christmas tree still there? I need to get a few bulls killed, OH is up the walls all week stressing about money.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

According to Agrikand the Liffey meats agreement also covers Bulls. The Price for O/R/U price of 3.3/3.4/3.5 per kg. As well both side will go to abritation in case of issues with the agreement. Np protesters to be discriminated against etc.

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

With the Strike over and prices now being set by the processors, this thread is closed and discussion on all aspects of the strike and its fallout continue here.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement