Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sea, Romania

• 16-09-2019 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm going to Romania for a few days next month. I'll be staying in Bucharest. I'd like to go to the Black Sea. I had kind of thought I could just get a bus there and wander around by myself, but I keep seeing all these tours advertised. Are any of these tours worth it, or would it be just as good if I travelled there independently and did my own thing? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I went to Romania in April / May. Took a train to Constanta on the Black Sea. A day trip. It takes about two hours.
    It was Easter when I was there and the train was packed with college students heading for the coast resorts. A fun trip in one of those old trains :D

Only did a tour for Transylvania.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The best thing is to look at the reviews for the tours.
    I'll be going there next year, but I will be doing a road trip around the country with some Romanian friends which should be good fun. Plan on seeing the mountains, Transylvania, the beaches and the Danube Delta.
    Normally, I don't have the luxury of local friends and I do go on tours and can't say I ever regretted going on a day trip when abroad, as you do get to see something different, but always look at the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 emerald27

Barna77 wrote: »
    I went to Romania in April / May. Took a train to Constanta on the Black Sea. A day trip. It takes about two hours.
    It was Easter when I was there and the train was packed with college students heading for the coast resorts. A fun trip in one of those old trains :D

Only did a tour for Transylvania.

Did you book a guided tour, or just do a self-guided visit? Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Married a ro national,spent 15 years over and back,I'd recommend go to Brasov,Sibiu etc, Transylvania is tops, Bucharest is crime ridden in places-Fagaras/ Homorod/ Victoria are also nice,step back in time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

emerald27 wrote: »
    Did you book a guided tour, or just do a self-guided visit? Thank you!

Guided tour

Went to Peles and Bran castles, Sinaia and Brasov. The basics but Transylvania is amazing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement