Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work Experience/Internship In Accounting

• 16-09-2019 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I have a Bachelors Degree in Commerce from India and have a Work experience of more than 3+years in India in an Audit Firm as well as an exporting company.Iam finding it difficult for getting a Job here though I have experience.
    Every employer is saying I dont have an Ireland experience and nobody is ready to give an experience

Iam also seeking to work without Pay. Is there somewhere where I can get a Work.

Really Frustrated with this and planning to look for some other Jobs..

Any advice

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

There could be a number of issues that you need to address:

First of all your work permit status. As you come from a third country (i.e. not EU/EEA/CH), most employers that consider taking on foreigners will be aware that there is a lot of effort involved in taking on such an employee, so some will simply discount you from the get go. So if you have the paper work that allows you to work in Ireland, then make sure that that is front and centre on your application.

The next think you need to address, is the fact that most Irish employers will have absolutely know way of knowing who your experience would relate to their Irish operations. So you are going to have to spell it out for them, with comparisons etc...

And above all you are going to need a very catchy introduction that will grab people's attention and make them want to get past the obstacles to taking you on.

It's not going to be easy and probably the conventional way of making applications will not work for you. You need to start doing a lot of networking and cold calling. I'd say your best chance it trying and get face time with people who might be able to get you an introduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭David290990

Jim2007 wrote: »
    There could be a number of issues that you need to address:

First of all your work permit status. As you come from a third country (i.e. not EU/EEA/CH), most employers that consider taking on foreigners will be aware that there is a lot of effort involved in taking on such an employee, so some will simply discount you from the get go. So if you have the paper work that allows you to work in Ireland, then make sure that that is front and centre on your application.

The next think you need to address, is the fact that most Irish employers will have absolutely know way of knowing who your experience would relate to their Irish operations. So you are going to have to spell it out for them, with comparisons etc...

And above all you are going to need a very catchy introduction that will grab people's attention and make them want to get past the obstacles to taking you on.

It's not going to be easy and probably the conventional way of making applications will not work for you. You need to start doing a lot of networking and cold calling. I'd say your best chance it trying and get face time with people who might be able to get you an introduction.

Thank You for the Response..I have a work Permit and Iam allowed to work . I have also tried calling some of the Accounts offices nearby,but still nobody is willing to take for work experience even without Pay.

I can understand the difficulties of getting a Job being a Foreigner .

Anyway will try and Hope for the best

Advertisement