Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aer credit card

Options
  • 16-09-2019 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have the Aer Credit Card with BOI.

One of the features of the credit card is free travel insurance - however it really doesn't match up to the travel insurance I currently have independently.

Aer Lingus and BOI state that:

20. What does the Worldwide Multi Trip Travel Insurance cover?
    The Worldwide Multi Trip Travel Insurance covers you and your family for all your travel for an entire reward year, regardless of the number of trips you take. 

Medical expenses cover of up to €10,000,000
    Cancellation or cutting short your trip covered up to €5,000
    Personal belongings cover of up to €2,500
    Personal money covered up to €700

We also have a Medicare Extra option for customers who have private insurance with VHI, Laya Healthcare, GloHealth or Aviva. This means you can top up your medical expenses benefit as outlined in your certificate of insurance.  Find out more here - https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/insure-and-protect/insurance/travel-insurance/features/

This is precisely what I would like to do - upgrade the policy, but I can't find any details of how to go about it in this case.  Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi, I have the Aer Credit Card with BOI.

One of the features of the credit card is free travel insurance - however it really doesn't match up to the travel insurance I currently have independently.

Aer Lingus and BOI state that:

20. What does the Worldwide Multi Trip Travel Insurance cover?
    The Worldwide Multi Trip Travel Insurance covers you and your family for all your travel for an entire reward year, regardless of the number of trips you take.

Medical expenses cover of up to €10,000,000
    Cancellation or cutting short your trip covered up to €5,000
    Personal belongings cover of up to €2,500
    Personal money covered up to €700

We also have a Medicare Extra option for customers who have private insurance with VHI, Laya Healthcare, GloHealth or Aviva. This means you can top up your medical expenses benefit as outlined in your certificate of insurance. Find out more here - https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/insure-and-protect/insurance/travel-insurance/features/

This is precisely what I would like to do - upgrade the policy, but I can't find any details of how to go about it in this case. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hi There,

thanks for getting in touch with us here today, nice to hear from you.

If you would like to upgrade the insurance policy we would recommend that you contact our insurance partners at AIG on 1890 77 77 77 and one of the advisors will be more than happy to assist you with upgrading the Travel Insurance policy. For more information on the policy terms and conditions please see here.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

That phone number 1890 77 77 77 is for the Central Bank and not for AIG. Would you have the one for AIG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bank of Ireland: Ashley

Hi Bottle,

Thank you for checking is with us here.

We are very sorry. The number that was given does seem to be incorrect however you will certainly be able to contact AIG on 1800 344 455 or 1890 272 727.

I hope this helps you.

Many thanks, Ashley.

Advertisement