Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any support groups in Dublin for long term/chronic illnesses?

• 16-09-2019 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm a man in my early 30s and I've had a long term illness for about two years now which has significantly reduced my mobility, quality of life and social life. I've been undergoing treatment for months and there has been some success recently but there's still a long way to go. Anyhow, I'm fighting on and making the best of it.

My family/friends have been great, but I don't know anyone my age who is going through serious health stuff like this. The type of illness itself is immaterial; it would be good to swap war stories, give out and exchange mutual solidarity with other youngish people in a similar predicament.

Does anyone know if there are any support groups/meetings for people, preferably for younger people, who are dealing with a chronic/long term illness in Dublin? I had a look online and I couldn't find anything suitable. I'm hoping someone on here might know. It would have to be city centre or south-side.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,893 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hi Blargh_87

I just checked the Meetup website and found there is a chronic illness meetup arranged for this coming Saturday.
    Details
    Let's get together to share stories, feelings, resources, strategies!

Please Invite Your Significant Others to this Meeting!

It’s Time We Hear From You Guys/Gals! (Even if you are a significant other – parent, sibling, spouse, etc. – of someone dealing with chronic pain/illness, you may come on your own if for some reason you can’t get your S.O. to attend. We can be there for you for what you might want to share, gain some support on, learn about….

We are All in this Together!

I haven't posted a link to the event as I cannot vouch for it but it should be easy to find on the site.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Blargh_87

Thanks, I'll check it out. Looks worth a shot.

Advertisement