Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I revert back to a student account?

• 17-09-2019 8:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone
    I had a student account with aib until I was 20. Got a full time job for a few years and obviously wasn't on a student account anymore.

I'm in college now part time with a full time job can I go back to a student account?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No - Once you go to a Student Account originally I think you can have a max of up to 5 years with it.

Once you go to a full account at any stage you're stuck unless you create a new account.

callaway92 wrote: »
    No - Once you go to a Student Account originally I think you can have a max of up to 5 years with it.

Once you go to a full account at any stage you're stuck unless you create a new account.

I’ve had a student account for about 17 years so I don’t think that’s accurate. It’s an account I opened as my first account when I was in secondary school and then converted to student when I started college.

It was taken off me once or twice and I was able to get it back as I was a student at the times it was taken. Haven’t been a student for 5 years now and still have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I’ve had a student account for about 17 years so I don’t think that’s accurate. It’s an account I opened as my first account when I was in secondary school and then converted to student when I started college.

It was taken off me once or twice and I was able to get it back as I was a student at the times it was taken. Haven’t been a student for 5 years now and still have it.

Probably differs from bank to bank how you're treated

BOI give it for the duration of being a 3rd level student and 2 years after graduation, I originally entered college in 2013 so should have lost access this year and got an email stating thus, still a student though so I'll have it for a while yet

Probably differs from bank to bank how you're treated

BOI give it for the duration of being a 3rd level student and 2 years after graduation, I originally entered college in 2013 so should have lost access this year and got an email stating thus, still a student though so I'll have it for a while yet

I’m with BOI, They tried to take it about 8 years ago while still a post grand student so I got it back then and haven’t heard a thing from them since despite 5 years on proper salary going in etc.

Advertisement