Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mollyb & ALC's Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Oh just realised PJ chose it too! Thought they were just hiding my spoiler tag.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I really like that

Eh still time to change my entry to your walrus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

7th Place – Zorba the Greek - Greek Orchestra

Molly: Was most intrigued about this song before I heard it. Then when I listened I realised I knew it. As most people do. We do love a bit of synchronised dancing. Lol. Sounds like there’s about 50 mandolins playing on it though which is a bit much. I wouldn’t be overly fond of it.

ALC: Looks like it would be great craic at a wedding. It’s fun, I like it.

Scores:
    Molly: 5/14
    ALC: 11/14

8 points to:
    Barney92

Haha good man osh. What are the chances

I actually thought I submitted jitterbug. I must have decided against it as too obvious not not hipster enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

6th Place – Bruce Springsteen - Waiting on a Sunny Day

Molly: Great song. A tad slow for getting me pumped but it’s still acceptable. Who doesn’t love the Boss?

ALC: Didn’t actually know this Springsteen song, and I do like Springsteen, so good choice.

Scores:
    Molly: 9/14
    ALC: 8/14

9 points to:
    Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Excellent choice Necro, really like that too, great summer song

5th Place – Mundy To You I Bestow

Molly: I do enjoy a bit of Mundy. And this is a great song. Love the lyrics too. Has a singalong oh-oh-oh bit towards the end which everyone loves.

ALC: Yeah, I did enjoy this. Didn’t realise it was on the Romeo & Juliet soundtrack.

Scores:
    Molly: 10/14
    ALC: 9/14

10 points to:
    Ectoplasm

4th Place – Yiruma - Its your day

Molly: This is a soothing tune. Not something I’d use to get me out of bed though. Nice enough but isn’t grabbing me.

ALC: Ok, so when I said ‘Songs to wake up to’, I was thinking more of upbeat, bouncy songs. I get that song people went for songs that would be a nice, relaxing way to wake you up on a lazy Sunday morning. So not what I expected but, that said, this is a lovely piece of music, so I’m still gonna give it decent marks.

Scores:
    Molly: 6/14
    ALC: 13/14

11 points to:
    Micksjaguar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Excellent choice Necro, really like that too, great summer song

I'm a bit meh on a lot of Springsteen stuff but I love that song. That being said it's one guy I've been meaning to see in concert because he's supposed to be amazing.

• Advertisement

3rd Place – The Go! Team - Junior Kickstart

Molly: I haven’t heard the Go! Team in years. I used to love them right after I left college so this was a very welcome and surprising reminder. This is a great song. No lyrics but it’s a proper belter that would totally get you up and out of the bed.

ALC: Fun song, but I thought it got a bit repetitive by the end.

Scores:
    Molly: 14/14
    ALC: 7/14

12 points to:
    Homer J Fong

Necro wrote: »
    I'm a bit meh on a lot of Springsteen stuff but I love that song. That being said it's one guy I've been meaning to see in concert because he's supposed to be amazing.

I can confirm this. I wasn't a big fan before I saw him live. He was unreal.

2nd Place – Belle & Sebastian - The boy with the arab strap

Molly: Another great song. So jaunty and bouncy. Perfect for getting you out of bed! And we all know it from the TV show Teachers right? Great show.

ALC: I love this song, but I thought it was a bit of an odd one for this category. That’s really the only reason I didn’t mark it more highly.

Scores:
    Molly: 12/14
    ALC: 10/14

13 points to:
    Green&Red

I thought it was perfect for the morning

Love teachers too

1st Place – Lady Sovereign-9 to 5

Molly: Love this. It’s funny, she sounds like she’s about 10 but I am completely amused by it. “I ain’t no early birdy” had me.

ALC: Actually loved this. And it’s on theme!

Scores:
    Molly: 13/14
    ALC: 14/14

14 points to:
    Sheridan81

|C1 |C2 |C3 |C4 |Total
    Quickbeam| 11| 3| 2| 1| 17|
    Zaph |6| 5| 1| 5| 17|
    MicksJaguar| 1| 2| 6| 11| 20|
    Necro| 5| 8| 5| 9| 27|
    Rikand| 13| 6| 4| 4| 27|
    Banjo| 7| 9| 8| 3| 27|
    Osh |10| 10| 4| 7| 31|
    Barney92| 3| 11| 9| 8| 31|
    Pretzill| 14| 7| 11| 2| 34|
    partyjungle| 8| 14| 7| 7| 36|
    Ectoplasm| 2| 12| 12| 10| 36|
    Homer J. Fong| 12| 2| 14| 12| 40|
    Green&Red| 9| 4| 14| 13| 40|
    sheridan81| 4| 13| 10| 14| 41|

And here's the board after 4 rounds. And it's all ridiculously close. The top 3 are all within a point of each other and even after that there are close races between Ecto and PJ, Osh and Barney, Necro, Rik and Banjo and QB and Zaph are duking it out for the wooden spoon. It's all too close to call folks! Tune in tomorrow for wine and our grand final!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Back off QB, that wooden spoon is mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Well done Sheridan on the top spot tonight. Thanks Mollyb and ALC I can't believe you are almost through all the categories

Phew, as someone who is absolutely not a morning person I'm relieved I managed to pick something that scored well here. The Go! Team certainly help me out when I'm running, but sadly not even they have the superpowers required to get me out of bed in the morning.

Very curious to see what festival songs everyone chose, and how that round will be scored; the judges' trend from the other categories has been to give higher marks to songs that they haven't heard before, which is fair enough....but how obscure can you make a "festival" song I wonder?

I certainly didn't submit an obscure one anyway, just the correct one. :cool: :pac:

I don’t think I’ll score well with my festival song but I love the song!

• Advertisement

OOOOOO sneaky walrus, ALC saving my bacon yet again, there is no fight for the wooden spoon it is mine :D, for my festival song I regret nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

OOOOOO sneaky walrus, ALC saving my bacon yet again, there is no fight for the wooden spoon it is mine :D, for my festival song I regret nothing

There's no wooden spoon in Walrus it's the single drumstick award, and a prized award it is too, because there are no losers in Walrus just differences of opinion :o

After tonight, I'm not sure if my festival song will qualify off the bottom choice but I still love it. And I really have enjoyed this Walrus some unusual, classical and songs I've never heard before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

3rd Place – The Go! Team - Junior Kickstart

Molly: I haven’t heard the Go! Team in years. I used to love them right after I left college so this was a very welcome and surprising reminder. This is a great song. No lyrics but it’s a proper belter that would totally get you up and out of the bed.

Scores:
    Molly: 14/14
    ALC: 7/14

12 points to:
    Homer J Fong

Surely you mean you last heard them in Rikands inaugural Walrus :D

Love me some Go! Team positively

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don’t think I’ll score well with my festival song but I love the song!

Yeah I'm not sure how mine will be received either tbh but I love it so no regrets.. :D

Was very close to going with this one

I was thinking of this one

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Weird fact, but Bruce Springsteen is the only concert I've ever walked out of.

He can be good, but I just wasn't feeling it the day I walked out.

Was very close to going with this one

This song would've done well.

osh wrote: »
    I was thinking of this one

This one, not so much. You were better with Onyeabor. Who I've never heard of. It's amazing the 2 of you submitted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    |C1 |C2 |C3 |C4 |Total
    Quickbeam| 11| 3| 2| 1| 17|
    Zaph |6| 5| 1| 5| 17|
    MicksJaguar| 1| 2| 6| 11| 20|
    Necro| 5| 8| 5| 9| 27|
    Rikand| 13| 6| 4| 4| 27|
    Banjo| 7| 9| 8| 3| 27|
    Osh |10| 10| 4| 7| 31|
    Barney92| 3| 11| 9| 8| 31|
    Pretzill| 14| 7| 11| 2| 34|
    partyjungle| 8| 14| 7| 7| 36|
    Ectoplasm| 2| 12| 12| 10| 36|
    Homer J. Fong| 12| 2| 14| 12| 40|
    Green&Red| 9| 4| 14| 13| 40|
    sheridan81| 4| 13| 10| 14| 41|

And here's the board after 4 rounds. And it's all ridiculously close. The top 3 are all within a point of each other and even after that there are close races between Ecto and PJ, Osh and Barney, Necro, Rik and Banjo and QB and Zaph are duking it out for the wooden spoon. It's all too close to call folks! Tune in tomorrow for wine and our grand final!

I have a feeling necro is going to enjoy my festival song. Not sure about the two judges though. We'll see if I stay ahead of him with it I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Enjoy it??? The original post never said the songs had to be good, it said they had to evoke a mood! This wasn't part of the deal!

(On the plus side I don't have long to wait for my "moment")

Advertisement