Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mollyb & ALC's Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Ok so I said we weren't around tonight for a reveal but we're unexpectedly available so.................is anyone opposed to us doing category 4 tonight and our finale tomorrow?

Nope, fire away Molly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Not opposed either Molly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ok so lets go:

Category 4: Songs to wake up to

Again a tough category to judge for us. There were maybe one or 2 songs out of the list that I wasn’t gone on but everything else were solid choices and totally understandable. We were almost in agreement on the 1st place choice. Almost. And this is the round with our duplicate entry!

14th Place – The Doors - Touch Me

Molly: God the Doors. I wasn’t happy when I saw this on the list. I’m not a fan at all of them. I think they’re overplayed and overhyped. There’s nothing great about them in my eyes at all and this song confirms my belief. I like the strings. That’s it. Thankfully it’s short.

ALC: I get that a lot of people like the Doors but, tbh, if Morrison hadn’t died I don’t think they’d be remembered at all. Meh.

Scores:
    Molly: 2/14
    ALC: 3/14

1 point to:
    Quickbeam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Oh, FFS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

13th Place – Donald Fagen - I.G.Y

Molly: This sounds like it’s the theme tune to a buddy cop show from the 70’s or 80’s. Again don’t like the keyboards. I’ve no clue how this would get you out of bed. Reminds me a little of Billy Joel, just less good.

ALC: Makes me wanna snap my fingers while standing under a streetlight at night in 1920s Chicago. Dunno why it’s in this category though.

Scores:
    Molly: 4/14
    ALC: 5/14

2 points to:
    Pretzill

• Advertisement

Please don’t let my devastation stop you continuing :)

Sorry QB. You couldn't have known that we both dislike the Doors.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Sorry QB. You couldn't have known that we both dislike the Doors.

Not necessarily that song, but they’d probably have been my Forever Young category in NAS. They’re one of my favourites.

12th Place – Black Crowes - Wiser Time

Molly: First impressions are good. It’s fine and inoffensive. Nothing really grabs me about it. I like the guitar riff in the chorus though.

ALC: This is mostly pretty mellow and relaxed, nice song, but I don’t know if it would wake me up.

Scores:
    Molly: 7/14
    ALC: 4/14

3 points to:
    Banjo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Oh phew, I thought I was the only one who didnt like the doors :)

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    Oh phew, I thought I was the only one who didnt like the doors :)

Well I also don't like the Cure, or Bob Dylan if that also helps?

Well I also don't like the Cure, or Bob Dylan if that also helps?

Don’t forget Neil Young :(

quickbeam wrote: »
    Don’t forget Neil Young :(
    Ok I genuinely got Neil Diamond and Neil Young mixed up. I was so confused. I do like Harvest Moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hates music
    Runs music competition.
    Hmmmmm.

I would just point out, big loud songs that startle you awake are bad for your health. Ease into it. I'm just looking out for you guys!

This is what I use but it's not good for you. Turn it up.

11th Place – The Music Man - Shipoopi

Molly: This is utterly utterly ridiculous. And I love it. It made me laugh and shipoopi is 100% stuck in my head now because its such a stupid word. Falls a few places for the dance number in the middle which gets a bit boring.

ALC: :confused: Fine for Family Guy filler I spose.

Scores:
    Molly: 11/14
    ALC: 2/14

4 points to:
    Rikand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

You clearly got your sleep and wake up songs mixed up banjo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

osh wrote: »
    You clearly got your sleep and wake up songs mixed up banjo!

Some of us want to slide out of sleep gently, some of us want to be startled and I think we all now know exactly how QB likes to start her morning! Fnaaaaaar!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Ok I genuinely got Neil Diamond and Neil Young mixed up. I was so confused. I do like Harvest Moon.

And you think Donald Fagen sounds like Billy Joel...I'm beginning to worry here ;)

Oh well I can't be in the top half every reveal. IGY is a happy song though perhaps I'm slower at getting up these days :D

10th Place – Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

Molly: This is a solidly midtable song for me. I know it but I don’t love it. Its fine and I’ll nod my head to it. But the lyrics are just nonsense and it would never entice me to go listen to more of Vampire Weekend.

ALC: Nice enough song. Like a lot of Vampire Weekend though, I think it’s a bit twee and forgettable.

Scores:
    Molly: 8/14
    ALC: 6/14

5 points to:
    Zaph

I knew I was cursing myself by posting on the thread. Always happens. Someone posts and their song comes up next :D

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    I knew I was cursing myself by posting on the thread. Always happens. Someone posts and their song comes up next :D

You deserve it for dissing The Doors :P

Myself and a work colleague were talking about musicals at the same time as my submission and I remembered Shipoopi from The Music Man which is just a great movie :)

The whole thing had to be done in one take which just makes it even better and if even any one person messed up, they had to start all over again lol :D

And its a great get up and go song imo. I think ALC just hates Family Guy which is why he didnt rate it :D

Testing Rikands theory :D

(Well I’m expecting mine soon)

8th Place – William Onyeabor- Fantastic Man

Molly: I am bamboozled by it. I hate the synths(?) on it. The video is cute and funny but this song is just not good for me.

ALC: This is fun, and would definitely put me in a good mood if I woke up to it.

Scores:
    Molly: 3/14
    ALC: 12/14

7 points to:
    Osh AND partyjungle

osh wrote: »
    Testing Rikands theory :D

(Well I’m expecting mine soon)

Hey presto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

haha osh..... that was fun prediction

I nearly skipped the song just to fcuk with him. But lols.

Well Molly said a few songs didn’t click with her, and I figured this was one of them, dragged up a bit by ALC’s score :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’m almost afraid to post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

8th Place – William Onyeabor- Fantastic Man

Molly: I am bamboozled by it. I hate the synths(?) on it. The video is cute and funny but this song is just not good for me.

ALC: This is fun, and would definitely put me in a good mood if I woke up to it.

Scores:
    Molly: 3/14
    ALC: 12/14

7 points to:
    Osh AND partyjungle

I really like that

Advertisement