Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanch to Tallaght

Options
  • 17-09-2019 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Does anyone commute this and use public transport ?
    I need to be at Tallaght hospital for 11am tomorrow. I see the 76a bus will get me there for 10.30am but the returning bus is not until after 3pm which will be too long of a wait.

Other option is to get bus to town and then luas but that will take over 1 and a half hours.

This new transport for Ireland website had me confused as i have never used it before.

Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Depending on the clinic, the 3pm bus might suit you? The last appointment I attended in Tallaght I was there well over 4 hours.

There is a nice cafe where you could kill and hour by grabbing a coffee and something to read, or you could go down to the main canteen and get a main course (right at the end of hospital street).

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Or you could potter around The Square for a while too. Honestly your only options are to go to town and out again or wait on the the 3pm bus or get a taxi...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Does anyone commute this and use public transport ?
    I need to be at Tallaght hospital for 11am tomorrow. I see the 76a bus will get me there for 10.30am but the returning bus is not until after 3pm which will be too long of a wait.

Other option is to get bus to town and then luas but that will take over 1 and a half hours.

This new transport for Ireland website had me confused as i have never used it before.

Any tips appreciated.

You could get a 76 to Liffey Valley and then switch to a 239.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

From Tallaght ... Luas to museum at Collins barracks then bus from Law library at Blackhall Place to home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The Metro West would have been great :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

That was a long day. 15 min walk to blanch village to get the 76a. Took about 1 hour and 20 mins then got the luas back to Abbey st then crossed over to O Connel st and got the 38 back to Blanch. Wouldn't fancy doing that everyday.

Advertisement