Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Joe be Gone Til November like Wyclef Jean? Liveline: 17/09/2019 to date

Comments

sligojoek wrote: »
    I don't know. The tombs or the riding stables?? :eek:

In fairness She's a lovely person. Two of her children and two of mine have been good friends for years

The Tombs, caller, the Tombs.

When I was a teenager my mother & I were friends with a fellow dog breeder who helped deliver the puppies. As she had surname Scott, Mum wondered if she might be related to her. She said “oh no dear, I’m a Romany gypsy and a Methodist”. Mum had imagined she was a Spiritualist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭shearforce

type a letter, that's some essential stuff alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What's the odds of a book plug between now and 3.00?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,403 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yep he's only using yoga as a leg into the conversation.

Don't be encouraging the Presbyterians. They think everyone's doomed, including themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

McDermotX wrote: »
    I'd just get the little fat fcuks to run laps for an hour.

You would probably be sued by one of the parents for the mental anguish the kids suffered as a result of running around a rectangle a number of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

lol this is f**king very bad

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

How the fcuk are so many teachers available to talk to Joe.

It isnt June, July or August. Or the last week in October, the 2 and a half weeks at Christmas, the middle of February or the two weeks at Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

This wan is a teacher and she called it 'loga'

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Faith Leg Hotel. Wot faith do to speak, do you need to enter?

• Advertisement

How's the Faith Leg, Joe?

That's not what the PISA reports say, and it isn't my observation from nieces and nephews in school. We learned Na Tuiseil in secondary school, my oldest nephew started them in 4th class. Irish kids have some of the best literacy levels in the OECD.

Privately educated Prods and others maybe, not the kids from very working class Dublin, eg Ballyer. My library friends can’t even get them to spell their own names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Privately educated Prods and others maybe, not the kids from very working class Dublin, eg Ballyer. My library friends can’t even get them to spell their own names.

Oooh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

McDermotX wrote: »
    'Painting the Titanic'

??

Must be a Nordie phrase

Mangling of the proverbs, sez oi.

Painting the Forth Bridge was a seemingly endless task, and was, back in the day, but not nowadays.
    Painting the Titanic was a single task that was successfully accomplished.

Once.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

That's fair enough, but I'm not sure the situation is getting any worse in those areas -- if it is, I doubt it's because of yoga.

With increased use of screens, you'd imagine there's an organic increase in literacy, even playing video games requires you to be able to read commands and solve problems. Online presence in general probably means 10-year-olds today, overall, are more literate than 10-year-olds growing up in 1999. At least that's what I'd assume.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Mangling of the proverbs, sez oi.

Painting the Forth Bridge was a seemingly endless task, and was, back in the day, but not nowadays.
    Painting the Titanic was a single task that was successfully accomplished.

Once.

Did dey not have to clean it, inspect it, repaint etc in the maintenance dry dock? Oh, of course it sank way ahead of scheduled maintenance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Let's this caller speak, no challenge to what he's saying. Duffy bias as usual.

Which caller?

That's fair enough, but I'm not sure the situation is getting any worse in those areas -- if it is, I doubt it's because of yoga.

With increased use of screens, you'd imagine there's an organic increase in literacy, even playing video games requires you to be able to read commands and solve problems. Online presence in general probably means 10-year-olds today, overall, are more literate than 10-year-olds growing up in 1999. At least that's what I'd assume.

Wel thy lern frm each othr on de soshal meeja nd its one'll corect wen thers spllchck n optatian Nd no punchewetin in my famly thes tings wr imprtinaNt sinsce my grate granfathar Escaped de hardship off Easky n Sligo Nd only Spocke Irsh wen he kame t Dubln he lrned vry corect Inglish Nd bksme tyrannical like a Tyrant dat all famly wre perfct wit splling an dat stll to dis day tis some. Family culture is more influential in basic good literacy than school. My mother was a terrible woman for correcting people's grammar and spelling, she’d interrupt a dog’s bark if it went off key.

Btw, going to Yoga class Wednesday, bad Catlick dat I am. Have never done it before but good for de leg an dat. I may be excommunicated with any luck and have to go to de Proddy church which would save me the hill, or better still the Hindu temple in Sandymount as I love de curries an dat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Btw, going to Yoga class Wednesday, bad Catlick dat I am. Have never done it before but good for de leg an dat. I may be excommunicated with any luck and have to go to de Proddy church which would save me the hill, or better still the Hindu temple in Sandymount as I love de curries an dat.

Catalick Cat, you can’t say dat!

Dat rhymes so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

Sounds like today's show is worth a listen but no sign of it on the player or podcast yet.

Had a bit of a laugh reading through the thread.

Have to ask did Joe ask for the name of the person who died - out of respect, mar dhea, as seems to be the new policy.

Poor young Greta T would be overturning in her fibreglass boat crossing the Atlantic at the thought of all those taxis from Waterford to Faithlegg (nice place) / Remember her childhood has been destroyed (maybe she did too much yoga?) but the callers can repent by not making these unnecessary journeys to Faithlegg.

I have it recorded. I just heard the last half hour live. I;ll give it a listen while reading the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I have it recorded. I just heard the last half hour live. I;ll give it a listen while reading the thread.

Far from gold, I'd give it a miss - tin at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

When does "snot, snot, snot" happen? Dats an instant classic:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Did dey not have to clean it, inspect it, repaint etc in the maintenance dry dock? Oh, of course it sank way ahead of scheduled maintenance.

Well, that would have been a discrete maintenance task every few years, and not endless, like the Forth Bridge.

Of course, perhaps I'm missing the actual intent of the 'Painting the Titanic' saying, in that it might be an ironic reference to the futility of painting something that's just going to the bottom of the ocean, but that's only applicable in hindsight.
    have to go to de Proddy church which would save me the hill, or better still the Hindu temple in Sandymount as I love de curries an dat.

Do dey prods not provide a Lorne sausage and fried egg on a roll, an dat?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

withless wrote: »
    When does "snot, snot, snot" happen? Dats an instant classic:pac:

Have a look at the times we posted and work a minute or so backwards.

In broad daylight, no less :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Sank, you say ?

Buke opportunity dere........Childers of de Titanic Painters

Oh no. He has a new clip to play with.

Clip bait..

See what I did there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Oh no. He has a new clip to play with.

Played twice already on ronan Collins. How many times will he play it on liveline.

Clip bait..

See what I did there?

Must be a slow day. Pro-mo was less than a minute, he even took RC by surprise.

Not just Duffy show that only advertises only RTE. Ronans ads are predominantly RTE shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"Vote-Gate"

Well done RTE how original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Why don't you leave the sarcasm for when you are not presenting the news, Aine. Just read the words on the paper in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Why don't you leave the sarcasm for when you are not presenting the news, Aine. Just read the words on the paper in front of you.
    Missed it what was she sarcastic about??
    Oh for the days of Charles Mitchell now there was a no nonsense newsreader

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

I wonder will Joe get to the bottom of the government voting scandal and the politicians contempt for the people of this country ? Or maybe he'll do an expose on the homeless and illegal immigration scandals ?? Let's hear it now on da Lahvlahn - or maybe we won't ??

It's very annoying the way she repeats the last line of a report after it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

Leo was just up the road with Panti while that chap was dying in the street . Great little country !!

I wonder will Joe get to the bottom of the government voting scandal and the politicians contempt for the people of this country ? Or maybe he'll do an expose on the homeless and illegal immigration scandals ?? Let's hear it now on da Lahvlahn - or maybe we won't ??

Not when there's FF lads involved.

• Advertisement

Clip incoming

A-Z of Dublin.

Muhammed !! Praise be to allah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,673 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Don't do the accent!!

Is Mohammed a witness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,673 ✭✭✭✭zell12