Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone actually believe that Gerry Adams wasn't in the IRA?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

maccored wrote: »
    jaysus do you ever stop? You can walk from leitrim to derrylin in a couple of steps. you must be a giant, but good for you

Can he/she do it with that shovel he/she is carrying though?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Jaysus do you realise what a cod you are making of yourself here?

Williams was doing it to infer he had some special insight, the usual 'know it all' ****e he does indulge. I'm closer, by a long shot to Derrylin, than Leitrim is and I wouldn't call it 'local'. It's as local as Cork is in terms of knowing anything 'local' about it.

Just walk away from this one SS.

safesurfer doesnt understand the concept of 'local'. Also loves to derail threads by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I can walk.

I can walk from Leitrim to Fermanagh in literally a couple of steps but it’s not local?

jaysus do you ever stop? You can walk from leitrim to derrylin in a couple of steps. you must be a giant, but good for you

That’s not what you said here is your quote yet again.

isnt that the lad who claims to be from the west of ireland, then claims to be 'local' to fermanagh etc etc - and he's really from Leitrim ....

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Jaysus do you realise what a cod you are making of yourself here?

Williams was doing it to infer he had some special insight, the usual 'know it all' ****e he does indulge. I'm closer, by a long shot to Derrylin, than Leitrim is and I wouldn't call it 'local'. It's as local as Cork is in terms of knowing anything 'local' about it.

Just walk away from this one SS.

safesurfer doesnt understand the concept of 'local'. Also loves to derail threads by the looks of it

We can return to discussing Gerry Adams not being in the IRA instead of Leitrim not being near Fermanagh if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

isnt that the lad who claims to be from the west of ireland, then claims to be 'local' to fermanagh etc etc - and he's really from Leitrim ....

he claimed to be local to where mr lunney was abducted (which is in fermanagh in case that needs to be explained too). Whats mammy getting you for your 5th birthday?

• Advertisement

he claimed to be local to where mr lunney was abducted (which is in fermanagh in case that needs to be explained too). Whats mammy getting you for your 5th birthday?

And he is local Fermanagh. Mum is getting me an atlas for my birthday which I will lend to you if you want.

Williams...always giving the impression he has the 'only' story. Cods some I suppose.

And he is local Fermanagh. Mum is getting me an atlas for my birthday which I will lend to you if you want.

Hope she doesn't send you to the 'local' shop for it...you could be gone for the week! :D

Williams...always giving the impression he has the 'only' story. Cods some I suppose.

I think he is a woeful journalist and full of bs but he knows Leitrim and Fermanagh are beside each other.

Hope she doesn't send you to the 'local' shop for it...you could be gone for the week! :D

Now that you mention it the local bookshop is over a hundred miles away :-)

• Advertisement

Can he/she do it with that shovel he/she is carrying though?

I thought your idols were the experts in carrying shovels around the border.

I think he is a woeful journalist and full of bs but he knows Leitrim and Fermanagh are beside each other.

From where he lived, he would have to go through Cavan to get to Derrylin.

Beside him, sure it is SS!! :D:D

From where he lived, he would have to go through Cavan to get to Derrylin.

Beside him, sure it is SS!! :D:D

To drive from north Leitrim to south Leitrim you have to go through Roscommon. Does that mean north Leitrim is not beside south Leitrim?

Now that you mention it the local bookshop is over a hundred miles away :-)

That figures alright!

To drive from north Leitrim to south Leitrim you have to go through Roscommon. Does that mean north Leitrim is not beside south Leitrim?

Put the shovel down SS. Seriously. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What is it you are trying to say Mark? That nobody has ever been beaten up or viciously killed anywhere else in Ireland...not to mention elsewhere?

You did read a fairytale! :rolleyes:

Internet hardman with a propensity to rake up a serious amount of inane banal posts on nothing.

I suppose in your neck of the woods torture is pittance when it comes to violence, especially when you refused yourself to condemn atrocities like Kingsmill and Warrington.

But it will be Poppy season soon. Your annual bugbear will see you rake up another impressive post count, where you feel your own rights are being violated for the sheer crime of seeing someone wear a Poppy.

markodaly wrote: »
    Internet hardman with a propensity to rake up a serious amount of inane banal posts on nothing.

What is an internet hardman?
    I suppose in your neck of the woods torture is pittance when it comes to violence, especially when you refused yourself to condemn atrocities like Kingsmill and Warrington.

The lies begin...check!
    But it will be Poppy season soon. Your annual bugbear will see you rake up another impressive post count, where you feel your own rights are being violated for the sheer crime of seeing someone wear a Poppy.

Someone on the internet objects to another having a different opinion to him.

I presume your “local” paper is the Anglo celt. Do you think that might be the “local” paper for someone 20 miles away too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

In my neighbourhood and stories I've heard the Garda were the ones giving out beatings. Seen it myself as a kid. Do I think every Garda is at it? Not as much as they use to. Was common place one time.
    Thugs exist. Trying to make them all SF is fine and dandy if it floats your boat.
    The Poppy thing celebrates those fooled into killing and being killed. I always say the ceremonies should only consist of politicians and royalty apologising for sending people off to kill or be killed.
    Anyway, another Troubles thread gone full circle. Should really be moved to history forum IMO.

I presume your “local” paper is the Anglo celt. Do you think that might be the “local” paper for someone 20 miles away too?

Do you even remember what point you're trying to score at this stage?
    Geography burns now is it? :)

• Advertisement

Do you even remember what point you're trying to score at this stage?
    Geography burns now is it? :)

I do. Demonstrating the nonsense of this post:

“isn't that the lad who claims to be from the west of ireland, then claims to be 'local' to fermanagh etc etc - and he's really from Leitrim ....”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Someone on the internet objects to another having a different opinion to him.

Oh, you are free to have whatever opinion you want, even if that opinion is depraved, caveman-like and amounts to an amoeba. You will be called out on those depraved opinions from time to time, alas.

I guess scoring internet points and lol's is more important than your condemnation of what happened on Tuesday night. It thoroughly shows what type of human being you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Just for a bit of, 'feet on the ground', growing up in Enniskillen, the majority certainly wouldn't consider Leitrim local. Fully aware that the more rural one is, the further the spread of what's considered local grows, but it IS a fair aul stretch to call Derrylin local to Leitrim.

Still not sure what this has to do with Gerry in the RA, but it's more interesting than us all repeating the same arguments that were made 35 years ago.

“isn't that the lad who claims to be from the west of ireland, then claims to be 'local' to fermanagh etc etc - and he's really from Leitrim ....”

So this proves Gerry was in the 'RA?

So this proves Gerry was in the 'RA?

No. Not that I ever said it did. But claiming Fermanagh and Leitrim is not nearby is about as credible as claiming Gerry was never in the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Current Spotlight series on BBC Ni should answer the original question for anyone who's still completely delusional.

Episode 2 should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

In my neighbourhood and stories I've heard the Garda were the ones giving out beatings. Seen it myself as a kid. Do I think every Garda is at it? Not as much as they use to. Was common place one time.
    Thugs exist. Trying to make them all SF is fine and dandy if it floats your boat.
    The Poppy thing celebrates those fooled into killing and being killed. I always say the ceremonies should only consist of politicians and royalty apologising for sending people off to kill or be killed.
    Anyway, another Troubles thread gone full circle. Should really be moved to history forum IMO.

So this proves Gerry wasn't in the RA?

'Local' knowledge is not your thing is it SS?

The 'Northern Standard' would be the local paper here, followed by the Fermanagh Herald, followed way down in circulation would be the Anglo Celt.

Close...but like Mr Williams...not close enough! :cool:

Oh, you are free to have whatever opinion you want, even if that opinion is depraved, caveman-like and amounts to an amoeba. You will be called out on those depraved opinions from time to time, alas.

I guess scoring internet points and lol's is more important than your condemnation of what happened on Tuesday night. It thoroughly shows what type of human being you are.

:D:D:D Mark, all you need to do on a discussion forum is to discuss. Nobody bites if you don't agree with them.

Try and calm down there.

• Advertisement

No. Not that I ever said it did. But claiming Fermanagh and Leitrim is not nearby is about as credible as claiming Gerry was never in the IRA.

Ah shift the goalposts now is it?

Williams was called out for his usual roundabout way of inferring he had 'local' knowledge, so that when he makes claims about 'paramilitaries', gullible eejits will be suckered into to believing that a crime was conducted by a paramilitary organisation.

An 'ex-paramilitary' is just that, somebody who doesn't belong to any group.
    So unless there is evidence to the contrary, all we know is that this was a crime like any other crime.
    Crime which happens all over the world, and isn't unique to Cavan Monaghan or Leitrim.

Advertisement