Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone actually believe that Gerry Adams wasn't in the IRA?

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    As did the Scouts, do you support a public enquiry for them, but not for Sinn Fein?

I would be happy for a public enquiry into any organisation that has failed to adequately answer the questions of victims of child abuse in respect of the organisation's handling of child abuse allegations directed at them and their members. Would you?

Absolutely.

As far back as 2015 the government mooted an inquiry into Sinn Fein's handling of abuse claims if the party didn't come forward with information.

That inquiry has not happened. Did the government fail people here or did the party come forward adequately?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Absolutely.

As far back as 2015 the government mooted an inquiry into Sinn Fein's handling of abuse claims if the party didn't come forward with information.

That inquiry has not happened. Did the government fail people here or did the party come forward adequately?

Let me see, was it worse that Sinn Fein badly handled abuse claims (at best, at worst covered them up) or was it worse that the government hasn't set up an enquiry?

Let me see, was it worse that Sinn Fein badly handled abuse claims (at best, at worst covered them up) or was it worse that the government hasn't set up an enquiry?

Let's begin the deflect away from the 'hard' questions game. :rolleyes:

What I believe is that SF have agreed that they handled this issue badly and they needed to address that. They have, as far as I can see, not run from questions and have answered them, have allowed themselves to be interviewed by investigating Gardai (who as far as I know, have not pressed any charges) and were one of the first parties to put protocols and processes to be followed in place.

FG and FF were meanwhile fighting the likes of Louise O'Keefe all the way to the European Courts while posing with abuse victims for what some would see as 'cynical' political gain.

You believe abuse victims have been failed here, DO YOU THINK the government have failed them too in not setting up an inquiry they thought was necessary in 2015? Simple question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

As did the Scouts, do you support a public enquiry for them, but not for Sinn Fein?

I would be happy for a public enquiry into any organisation that has failed to adequately answer the questions of victims of child abuse in respect of the organisation's handling of child abuse allegations directed at them and their members. Would you?

better to have a public enquiry into all political parties in regards abuse.

maccored wrote: »
    better to have a public enquiry into all political parties in regards abuse.

Are you aware of any allegations of child abuse by members of political parties other than Sinn Fein? Are you aware of any instances where such allegations were handled by kangaroo courts in other political parties?

Let us know about them, I would be very concerned.

• Advertisement

Are you aware of any allegations of child abuse by members of political parties other than Sinn Fein? Are you aware of any instances where such allegations were handled by kangaroo courts in other political parties?

I don't think there is a single allegation about SF running kangaroo courts blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

sure wouldnt that be the point of an enquiry?

I don't think there is a single allegation about SF running kangaroo courts blanch.

Apologies my mistake. Of course the IRA and Sinn Fein were two totally seperate distinct organisations with no overlap and Gerry Adams had nothing to do with the IRA.

How could I forget this essential truth of our time?

Apologies my mistake. Of course the IRA and Sinn Fein were two totally seperate distinct organisations with no overlap and Gerry Adams had nothing to do with the IRA.

How could I forget this essential truth of our time?

No-one would love it more than you that these allegations were not historic ones.

Sorry to spoil your own attempt to bend the truth.

Advertisement