Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont know where Im Going Wrong

Options
  • 17-09-2019 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I hope its okay to post here. As the title says - I dont know whats wrong.

My current situation is that I was let go a few months ago unexpectedly. I dont want to say what the job was or where I was working.

I was still within my probation period when I was let go so it was quick and easy for them. I was a hardworker, doing my best and enjoying the job but I was let go due to the companies finances. The way it was handled was very poor and extremely upsetting for me and it does play on my mind still. I know it wasn't my fault but it still gave a swift blow to my confidence. I had never had any issues disciplinary or otherwise in a job.

Since then I have been unable to secure so much as an interview and I dont know what I am doing wrong. I have never had any issues in securing work and it seems crazy at a time of near full employment within the country.

I am looking everyday at job postings. I have applied for any job that fits my previous experience which is retail/sales/management/customer service related (I have worked in these types of roles over the past 12 years). I have looked at my CV several times to see where I could improve it, I have made sure to attach a cover letter to any application.

I have met with several recruitment agencies. I have looked into courses to see if there may be something I could do online/in the evenings but the costs are out of my reach at the moment. I have an interest in payroll/accounting as a possible career change and I had applied for an accounting technician apprenticeship but was not successful.

One thing that does play on my mind is if someone may be looking at my CV and seeing the gap over the past few months and the short period of time with my last employer but I cant say for sure. This is really affecting me mentally and my confidence is at an all time low. I dont know what more I could be doing. Any tips or suggestions are welcomed.

Advertisement