Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 17-09-2019 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Well, I am pretty disappointed in Bank of Ireland, to be honest, it took almost 2 weeks, to open a bank account, and I still don't know, when will I get my Visa Debit Card...
    The android app is a joke, I have to delete ALL data after I logged out, otherwise it won't let me in again...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Tommka wrote: »
    Well, I am pretty disappointed in Bank of Ireland, to be honest, it took almost 2 weeks, to open a bank account, and I still don't know, when will I get my Visa Debit Card...
    The android app is a joke, I have to delete ALL data after I logged out, otherwise it won't let me in again...
    Hi Tommka, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience with us, I totally understand your frustration. 

Your Visa Debit card is generally received 5-7 working days after your account has been confirmed as being open. The PIN will arrive a day or two after the card itself, they're not sent together for security reasons. 

Our Technical Support Team are currently working on a new mobile app. I have attached a link below with more information on the app.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, 
    Aisling.

https://www.bankofireland.com/the-second-payment-services-directive/app/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tommka

Well, finally, I got my Visa Debit Card, but it was weird...
    I live in an apartment, and the postman didn't drop it into my letterbox, he just left it on the top of the letterboxes, even if it was private and confidential...
    It was half opened, and wrinkled... 
    I still didn't get my PIN, so I am thinking on moving to AIB, since this "service" is a bad joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

I live in an apartment, and the postman didn't drop it into my letterbox, he just left it on the top of the letterboxes, even if it was private and confidential...
    I still didn't get my PIN, so I am thinking on moving to AIB, since this "service" is a bad joke...

Can’t blame BOI for your postal service

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Why are you blaming the bank for how the postman delivered your card??

Nah, am NOT blaming BOI for the postman's fault, but when I called them, and ask for help (just to tell me, if they've sent out the PIN or not), they couldn't help... WTH, really?
    What a customer service...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Nah, am NOT blaming BOI for the postman's fault, but when I called them, and ask for help (just to tell me, if they've sent out the PIN or not), they couldn't help... WTH, really?

But you did blame them.

Maybe the issue for delays is with your postal service and not BOI if that is how they treat your post.

Hopefully it all gets sorted for you sooner rather than later.

Remind me wrote: »

But you did blame them.

Maybe the issue for delays is with your postal service and not BOI if that is how they treat your post.

Well, I really do NOT blame them for that. But all in all, they made a few mistakes as well, that is why they called me, and apologized a few times. 
    BUT how come, they can not tell me, if they sent out the PIN, or not?
    Is it a joke?

Remind me wrote: »

But you did blame them.

Well, I really do NOT blame them for that. But all in all, they made a few mistakes as well, that is why they called me, and apologized a few times. 
    BUT how come, they can not tell me, if they sent out the PIN, or not?
    Is it a joke?
    Hi Tommka, 

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on Boards. 

I'm sorry to hear that it took so long for you to receive your Visa Debit Card. 

The PIN for your card generally arrives 2-3 working days after the card itself. When a new card is ordered, a new PIN is automatically generated, they're sent separately for security reasons. I apologies that this wasn't made clear to you while you were on the phone to one of my colleagues. I will certainly pass this feedback on. 

Thanks, 
    Aisling.

Well, 3 days has passed, but they still couldn't tell me, if they sent it out, or not (lol).
    A guy called me yesterday, from an 076 number, asking for some private details, with an offer (which was also ridiculous...), but that is all...
    Do not want to give details here in public.

Well, 3 days has passed, but they still couldn't tell me, if they sent it out, or not (lol).
    A guy called me yesterday, from an 076 number, asking for some private details, with an offer (which was also ridiculous...), but that is all...
    Thanks for getting  back to us here Tommka, 

Yes, I would ask that you do not disclose any account information. 

As we don't have account access here, it would be best to link in with our Customer Service Team on 0818 365 365, or by secure message on your 365 online account (on laptop/desktop version) by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. 

One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help. 

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 

• Advertisement

That call was a hoax.
    I think that your post is being interfered with at your flat complex.
    This isn’t the banks concern. The PIN number is issued automatically and has probably been delivered to the wrong post box.
    The bank aren’t going to sort that out for you so you are wasting your time ringing them.

splinter65 wrote: »

That call was a hoax.
    This isn’t the banks concern. The PIN number is issued automatically and has probably been delivered to the wrong post box.
    The bank aren’t going to sort that out for you so you are wasting your time ringing them.
    Well, if you're right, then how could he call me, if he wasn't from BOI?
    I mean, how did he know my phone number?

You haven’t heard anything at all about people getting hoax phone calls?!?

https://www.bankofireland.com/security-zone/fraud-alerts/

splinter65 wrote: »

That call was a hoax.
    Hi Tommka, 

Thanks for getting back to us on Boards. 

Bank of Ireland will never contact you asking for any of your account, or online login details. Can I ask what the call was in relation to? 

If you are concerned about the safety of your account, or you don't believe the person who called you was from Bank of Ireland, I would strongly advise that you link in with our Customer Service team on 0818 365 365, or you can certainly drop in to any of our BOI branches and one of my colleagues will be more than happy to look in to this further for you. 

If you would like to discuss this further here, please do not hesitate to send us a private message and we will be happy to help as best we can. 

Thanks, 
    Aisling.

Advertisement