Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel cashback?

Options
  • 17-09-2019 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I was shopping in N.Ireland today and later when i looked at my bank account there was lots of little amounts debited- most for under €1. Then i got a lot of Cr Adjustments for various small amounts too.
    I only made one purchase in N.ire so this made no sense to me.
    I phone up and the girl in 365 phone banking says it's from Travel Cashback as part of Live Life Rewards. I'm confused as to where all these small amounts have come from?
    I should add that during the call with her i was put on hold for over 5 mins while she tried to make sense of it and all the charges disappeared whilst on the phone and just credits are there now? She didn't seem to know much about it but was just saying " it's all good- it's all credits now"!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

I was shopping in N.Ireland today and later when i looked at my bank account there was lots of little amounts debited- most for under €1. Then i got a lot of Cr Adjustments for various small amounts too.
    I only made one purchase in N.ire so this made no sense to me.
    I phone up and the girl in 365 phone banking says it's from Travel Cashback as part of Live Life Rewards.  I'm confused as to where all these small amounts have come from?
    I should add that during the call with her i was put on hold for over 5 mins while she tried to make sense of it and all the charges disappeared whilst on the phone and just credits are there now? She didn't seem to know much about it but was just saying " it's all good- it's all credits now"!
    Hi marilynmonroe, 

Thanks for checking in with us here on Boards. 

Generally, when your Visa Debit card is used for purchase in a different currency there would be cross-border charges associated with it.  The charges would be 2% of the transaction value, with a maximum charge of €11.43.  This is why small charges for a couple of cents appear on your account. I have attached a link below with more information on our fees and charges. 

In relation to the 'CR AdJ' that would have appeared on your account these generally do not relate to Live Life Rewards cash back, they can indicate a transaction that could have duplicated or failed causing the debit to re-credit the account. They disappear off the account after a number of hours/days as they would cancel out the failed transaction. 

Live Life Rewards credits generally take a couple of days to appear on your account and the narrative should relate as the same. I'm sorry if this was not explained properly to you while you were on the phone to us. 

I hope this helps and clears everything up for you. 

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/personal-current-account/fees/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭marilynmonroe

Hi marilynmonroe, 

Generally, when your Visa Debit card is used for purchase in a different currency there would be cross-border charges associated with it.  The charges would be 2% of the transaction value, with a maximum charge of €11.43.  This is why small charges for a couple of cents appear on your account. I have attached a link below with more information on our fees and charges. 

In relation to the 'CR AdJ' that would have appeared on your account these generally do not relate to Live Life Rewards cash back, they can indicate a transaction that could have duplicated or failed causing the debit to re-credit the account. They disappear off the account after a number of hours/days as they would cancel out the failed transaction. 

Live Life Rewards credits generally take a couple of days to appear on your account and the narrative should relate as the same. I'm sorry if this was not explained properly to you while you were on the phone to us. 

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/personal-current-account/fees/

but i only made one transaction and yet had numerous small amounts debited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi marilynmonroe, 

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 

but i only made one transaction and yet had numerous small amounts debited
    Thanks for getting back to us here marilynmonroe. 

Did you use the card for any contactless payments? Or have you purchased anything online recently? 

As I don't have account access here it is difficult for me to investigate this further. 

You can certainly link in with a member of our Customer Service Team via secure message on your 365 online; on a laptop/desktop. This can be carried out by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help. They can identify the transactions for you. 

Alternatively, if you are unsure or do not recognise the transactions on your account, you can call our Card Security Team on Freephone 1800 946 764. 

Thanks, 
    Aisling.

Advertisement