Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs showing the Rugby world cup

Options
  • 17-09-2019 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what pubs are showing the rugby world cup matches at the weekend on saturday and sunday morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Anyone know what pubs are showing the rugby world cup matches at the weekend on saturday and sunday morning?

The woolshed are always good for an early kickoff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Barrys in Douglas are showing it. Most pubs that serve food will probably be showing it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

MrDerp wrote: »
    The woolshed are always good for an early kickoff
    Woolshed have "selected" matches showing they said on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Will any of them be serving alcohol before 9am on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Theres a world cup in rugby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Reardens are showing them. Doing food also Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

O’Sullivan’s in Douglas are showing it and doing breakfast.

bot43 wrote: »
    Theres a world cup in rugby?

Wow youre so original and alt that you dont know something that has been widely reported on in the media over the last 4 years.

How do I be as cool as you :rolleyes:

Omniplex Cinemas are showing the Irish games too in the Maxx screen. €11 incl of breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Is there any place serving alcohol for the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Hogzy wrote: »
    Omniplex Cinemas are showing the Irish games too in the Maxx screen. €11 incl of breakfast.

What kind of breakfast would you get at the cinema? Or would they get it from one the restaurants outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

jackrussel wrote: »
    Is there any place serving alcohol for the game?

I wouldn't imagine so, outside of actual early houses it's illegal at that time of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I don't think even the early houses are allowed open Sunday mornings.

I don't think even the early houses are allowed open Sunday mornings.

Oh, are they not? I didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

The new Anglers rest have advetsied an 8am open Sunday for it, presumably same story re alcohol though. But if the weathers nice those outdoor TVs on the patio could be serious call

bingo9999 wrote: »
    The new Anglers rest have advetsied an 8am open Sunday for it, presumably same story re alcohol though. But if the weathers nice those outdoor TVs on the patio could be serious call

Is that a fact? Breakfast out there should be decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

jimgoose wrote: »
    Is that a fact? Breakfast out there should be decent too.

Thats true, and I have to imagine they will be serving that much
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2gh5tjII7E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

bingo9999 wrote: »
    Thats true, and I have to imagine they will be serving that much
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2gh5tjII7E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Silver Key do a cracking breakfast during early Sunday matches

jimgoose wrote: »
    Oh, are they not? I didn't know that.

Early houses aren’t allowed open early on Sunday.

You can be sure some places will be serving though, but they won’t advertise the fact and you may need to be a regular in some places.

There are at least two pubs that I would have no problem getting pint in early on a Sunday morning (if they open for it which I’d imagine they will). Not much point going to the pub for the game if you can’t get drunk imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Cailin CoisFarraige

Tradehouse in Ballincollig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Crawford and Co and Brick Lane in the city too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

South County, Douglas
    I do like the clever graffiti art on the outside wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Licensing laws really need to be relaxed a bit. You wouldn't even get that many pubs opening up early, but the ones that do would get some business.

Licensing laws really need to be relaxed a bit. You wouldn't even get that many pubs opening up early, but the ones that do would get some business.

Do people really need to drink to enjoy the match? At 8am in the morning too like. Id definitely stay at home if they were serving that early. It means by 1pm everyone will be hammered! F*ck that!

Do people really need to drink to enjoy the match? At 8am in the morning too like. Id definitely stay at home if they were serving that early. It means by 1pm everyone will be hammered! F*ck that!

Drinking first thing in the morning is one of life’s great pleasures. Often started at 8am and drink till pub closing at 1-2am so plenty won’t be hammered by 1pm.

The match is on Saturday this week anyway so there will be pubs open, the welcome inn will be open for sure and showing it. Charlie’s will be open but not sure if they will show it.

Drinking first thing in the morning is one of life’s great pleasures. Often started at 8am and drink till pub closing at 1-2am so plenty won’t be hammered by 1pm.

Fair play if you get pleasure out of it. It would take a bit more than an 8am pint to excite me now if im honest.

Im looking forward to having breakfast and watching it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

The match is on Saturday this week anyway so there will be pubs open, the welcome inn will be open for sure and showing it. Charlie’s will be open but not sure if they will show it.

You must be one of those pint nursing ones lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Drinking first thing in the morning is one of life’s great pleasures. Often started at 8am and drink till pub closing at 1-2am

That's seriously disfunctional.
    Often?
    Really?
    Do you have alcoholic friends to join you?

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    You must be one of those pint nursing ones lol?

There is a nice middle ground calling pacing yourself, comes with experience of many all day seasions. Amateurs will end up going home at 1pm. It ain’t nursing either I can tell you.
    That's seriously disfunctional.
    Often?
    Really?
    Do you have alcoholic friends to join you?

Not as often as I’d like to, few times a year.

Have done it with work colleagues, friends etc not a single alcoholic. Massive session the night before, wake up and get yourself into Charlie’s and force in the first pint and you are cured and ready for the day!

• Advertisement

There is a nice middle ground calling pacing yourself, comes with experience of many all day seasions. Amateurs will end up going home at 1pm. It ain’t nursing either I can tell you.

Not as often as I’d like to, few times a year.

Have done it with work colleagues, friends etc not a single alcoholic. Massive session the night before, wake up and get yourself into Charlie’s and force in the first pint and you are cured and ready for the day!

Wow, you should be proud of this achievement, and there I was going for walks on beaches, shopping, playing 5 a side, the odd weekend away in west Cork/Kerry, going for nice breakfasts, brunches and dinners....All this time I could have been day drinking in Charlies like a real man. Instead im just an amateur drinker with nothing to show for myself.:(

Advertisement