Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food for morning sickness

Options
  • 18-09-2019 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long time poster going anon as we're only at 7 week mark. Delighted and slightly terrified! :D

The better half is struggling to eat with morning sickness. She has a couple of food allergies, so toast is out as well as a lot of processed stuff. Any tips on bland, non-mushy, non-smelly food that's nutritious that she might be able to stomach?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

rice?
    Plain Pasta?
    It depends on the person,I had hyperemesis on my 1st and I found fried rice the easiest thing to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Some ideas here https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058014625/2/#post111259911

I found eating regularly was the most important thing. If I got to the point of feeling hungry it was too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Regular coke and lucozade worked for me on bad days but I had Hyperemesis last time so was a bit more extreme. Crackers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

A couple of plain crackers before she even gets out of bed.

I second the dry crackers. Washed down with sips of flat 7up or lucozade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I lived on scrambled eggs! Bland but protein and iron rich. If she doesn't want mushy though omelette might be better.

Advertisement