Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another serious Quinn Industrial Holdings attack

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

They cant be (c).
    (a) & (b) are mutually exclusive, so 'Both' is impossible!!
    What I don't understand, and perhaps someone else may be able to answer is this: The people carrying out these cowardly, heinous crimes (burning out people's cars in the dead of night at their family homes is particularly nasty given the likely affect that that would have on young children). Are they:

(a) Being paid by the Quinns
    (b) Completely deluded locals who want to terrorise people for no financial gain other than to curry favour with the Quinn family
    (c) both of the above

(My emphasis)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What I don't understand, and perhaps someone else may be able to answer is this: The people carrying out these cowardly, heinous crimes (burning out people's cars in the dead of night at their family homes is particularly nasty given the likely affect that that would have on young children). Are they:

(b) Completely deluded locals who want to terrorise people for no financial gain other than to curry favour with the Quinn family
    (c) both of the above

Its a good question and we have to ask who gains by the intimidation of Quinn company executives. This latest incident is just one in a long line, 30+ instances of arson have happened to company property or executives cars over the last number of years.

Quinn is saying he has nothing to do with this but he is exactly the person who stands most to gain from it if the Americans decide to sell up. This latest attack was on a paramilitary level and I dont buy the notion that those scumbags are out to torture people with no direct financial benefit for themselves, they are paid mercenaries . The Gardai need to bring Sean Quinn in for questioning at a minimum instead of pussyfooting around the place which they've been doing for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I know the guy received a hiding and a broken leg but when they say 'life changing injuries' what do they mean?

From some reports they cut his face up and also poured bleach on him as well as tearing out nails and breaking his leg.

Absolute and utter animals.

It raises serious questions as to why this is happening and why these kind of people feel like they have some affinity to the Quinn family. They are not the kind of people to commit such horrible crimes on a whim.

I think we can probably all guess why but probably best not to speculate too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

crossman47 wrote: »
    Intimidate the new management so the business can be bought back on the cheap would appear to be some of the locals view. Of course Quinn says nothing to do with him.

This was my first thought. Attacks and intimidation seem to be quite common since he lost the business..,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Very first thing that crossed my mind when I read this story wasn't "That's awful , I hope the poor guy gets better".

It was: "I wonder what he did to deserve that?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

I’d say there’s a lot more to the intimidation and beatings than is being said. I don’t buy the bull mc cane theory, the violence and intimidation are too large scale to be motivated by such parochial issues. I’ve my own theories on it, but wouldn’t dare post them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Alkers wrote: »
    I know the guy received a hiding and a broken leg but when they say 'life changing injuries' what do they mean?

Leg broken in two places with an iron bar, probably leave him with a limp for life = life changing.
    He also had nails removed, was stabbed, blindfolded and doused with bleach. Poor fell
    F*****g hell! If these guys don't get 20 years (if caught ) then there's no justice in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

F*****g hell! If these guys don't get 20 years (if caught ) then there's no justice in this country.

The problem is catching them. This sh1t going on literally right on the border is probably making it doubly hard for either the Gardai or PSNI to make any headway, coupled with the usual vow of omerta that surrounds such incidents.

Like, have a read of this: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/manufacturing/state-would-have-helped-if-kevin-lunney-worked-for-a-us-firm-1.4023835

One of these incidents alone is a disgrace, let alone an entire campaign of 5+ years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

20 men it says not attacked him. Obviously these are guy with no balls... one having to back the other one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

"This was organised and paid for, and deliberately set up to ensure hurt, maximum hurt.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This is an ongoing investigation, please refrain from speculation.

Dear Moderator,

I don’t think your comment above is appropriate in this instance. I should have made the source of my comment above more clear. I attach the following link from today's Irish Times article which contains the quote above. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/kevin-lunney-was-slashed-beaten-and-had-bleach-poured-on-him-by-kidnappers-1.4024046?localLinksEnabled=false
    As this matter is in the public domain (and was probably run past the Irish Times lawyers) it shouldn’t impede any investigations, nor infer any liabilities on Boards.IE. Do you agree or do you wish to close this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It was not directed at your comment brucky.

Loose allegations of involvement IRA or Sean Quinn himself are not on unless confirmed.

Ok understood. I am just appalled this sort of thing has happend in 2019, as most others are. Sean Quinn has responded last night I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Very first thing that crossed my mind when I read this story wasn't "That's awful , I hope the poor guy gets better".

You sicken me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I thought same thing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

I'm not sure who is responsible for this attack.

But what I am sure of is opinions like this are idiotic and inflame the situation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sean-quinn-tells-meeting-of-desire-to-return-to-run-his-former-business-1.3604537?mode=amp

Quinn needs to be responsible. Its not his company. He needs to shut up and stop telling the local community he wants his business back.

Idiot.

That’s interesting that Quinn has been consistently pushing to be re-instated as the CEO of his old company/s. From an article in Saturdays paper it would appear that Alan Dukes was also threatened by the same individuals.
    “It seems there are a group of people outside the company who are acting totally contrary to the interests of the workers and the community there, in order to achieve some other kind of goal, which is not specified,” he added. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/alan-dukes-was-threatened-after-bank-took-over-quinn-business-1.4026230

Quinn is stating that his old company requires "major capital investment" & that its "in a mess". Such talk, and actions of others could make a company very vulnerable, and possibly cease trading and come up for sale via a local receiver, for a knock-down price.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Thread moved to CA/IMHO. Please note the local charter here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

He showed disloyalty to the Godfather

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »

(c) both of the above

Its a good question and we have to ask who gains by the intimidation of Quinn company executives. This latest incident is just one in a long line, 30+ instances of arson have happened to company property or executives cars over the last number of years.

Quinn is saying he has nothing to do with this but he is exactly the person who stands most to gain from it if the Americans decide to sell up. This latest attack was on a paramilitary level and I dont buy the notion that those scumbags are out to torture people with no direct financial benefit for themselves, they are paid mercenaries . The Gardai need to bring Sean Quinn in for questioning at a minimum instead of pussyfooting around the place which they've been doing for years now.

Maybe the guards were looked after down the years along with the boys

Muahahaha wrote: »

(c) both of the above

Maybe the guards were looked after down the years along with the boys?

I think in this case and similar cases like the killing of Paul Quinn it might be time to lift a few of these boys and go back to the days of using some Lugs Brannigan type techniques to get some information.

The problem is catching them. This sh1t going on literally right on the border is probably making it doubly hard for either the Gardai or PSNI to make any headway, coupled with the usual vow of omerta that surrounds such incidents.

Like, have a read of this: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/manufacturing/state-would-have-helped-if-kevin-lunney-worked-for-a-us-firm-1.4023835

One of these incidents alone is a disgrace, let alone an entire campaign of 5+ years

Great piece. And it's a fact if that stuff was being perpetrated against a US multinational in the IFSC or anywhere else in Dublin the state would have crushed those criminals years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Great piece. And it's a fact if that stuff was being perpetrated against a US multinational in the IFSC or anywhere else in Dublin the state would have crushed those criminals years ago.
    100% agree, but it should be pointed out that the offices/ HQ and almost all the company premises are in the north so a lot of the things described were on PSNI territory, not the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Micheal Martin is to table a proposal to create a cross border body to cope with the problem of cross border criminality.
    The Fianna Fáil leader is calling for a special statutory body to be established to tackle criminality in the border region.

Speaking in the Dáil today, Micheál Martin claimed the gardaí and the PSNI weren't properly policing the area.

Deputy Martin compared the abduction and torture of Kevin Lunney, the Quinn Industrial Holdings director, to the murder of journalist Veronica Guerin, after which the Criminal Assets Bureau was set up.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/micheal-martin-we-need-new-body-to-tackle-crime-at-the-border-after-lunney-attack-952969.html

it seems like a sensible idea if you ask me, even if its just a coordinating body without real policing powers in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Hell of a long read, but outlines the lengths the Quinn family went to to hide assets from those they owed money to, flies in the face of the plain rural businessman image he liked to cultivate for himself

https://www.thecurrency.news/articles/757/leveraging-full-surrender-the-real-story-of-why-the-quinn-family-dropped-their-epic-legal-battle

Advertisement