Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

I watched the news myself. It was just commenting on all the stuff that’s been going on in border areas rather than them being connected.

As for my husband, he only half listens to what I say too so not surprised he half heard the news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

need some international news coverage to embarrass the government (and QIH itself) into doing something

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

need some international news coverage to embarrass the government (and QIH itself) into doing something

Very true, are the brits even covering it?
    I honestly find it incredible that someone can intimidate the county council and nothing is done about it? Even the dundons or the kinehans never did the like of that???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Very true, are the brits even covering it?
    I honestly find it incredible that someone can intimidate the county council and nothing is done about it? Even the dundons or the kinehans never did the like of that???

Channel 4 covered it last week and did an interview with Sean Quinn who looked as guilty as f&ck.
    Need to send the ERU, army and special branch up there to rip down those posters and start knocking on doors. Local guards are too afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I watched the news myself. It was just commenting on all the stuff that’s been going on in border areas rather than them being connected.

As for my husband, he only half listens to what I say too so not surprised he half heard the news :D

Man arrested over fire at Monaghan garda station, maybe time will tell if there's any link?

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2019/1030/1087653-fire-emyvale-monaghan-arrest/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Channel 4 covered it last week and did an interview with Sean Quinn who looked as guilty as f&ck.
    Need to send the ERU, army and special branch up there to rip down those posters and start knocking on doors. Local guards are too afraid.

Agreed, they need to hound these individuals... I don’t think Quinn is the paymaster but he knows who it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Agreed, they need to hound these individuals... I don’t think Quinn is the paymaster but he knows who it is

I can't see an organised group carrying out these things on his behalf not being known to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

I can't see an organised group carrying out these things on his behalf not being known to him.

I cant see how it can be anyone else but him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Charlie "rule of law" Flanagan, posters down this morning, posters up again this evening.

Send up the army you inept fool.

Carrying out that activity on behalf of Sean Quinn is only a front for the real motive which is for the provos to get their cut of the profits which they did under Sean Quinn but the current ownership won’t budge... I’m no fan of Sean Quinn but I don’t think he is dumb enough to be the orchestrator of such violence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Odelay

Carrying out that activity on behalf of Sean Quinn is only a front for the real motive which is for the provos to get their cut of the profits which they did under Sean Quinn but the current ownership won’t budge... I’m no fan of Sean Quinn but I don’t think he is dumb enough to be the orchestrator of such violence

It’s definitely the ira looking for their protection money. Plain and simple.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Odelay wrote: »
    So "good republicans" so?
    Aah sure that's ok then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Odelay

So "good republicans" so?
    Aah sure that's ok then!

Never said there was anything ok about it. And it certainly isn’t the tidy towns committee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Those signs have been up here for what must be years at this stage.

The ARU are visibly present around Cavan for an age now as well.

The Lunney thing and the ATM thing is connected, the Emyvale Garda station arson isn't, that's thought to be a twat that got lifted for while drunk, and wanted "revenge".

People banging on about how the garda should do this, and should do that, they're not going to broadcast what they are doing on 6One News. Its enough that every checkpoint is reported in seconds on Facebook, meaning all the toerags of the day can avoid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,837 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Fantastical idea.

How they have the influence to get the Guards to stand back from a campaign of over 70 attacks remains to be answered.

There are obvious people behind this. Not like they hide it in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

No it's not the names of those involved are well known and none of them are IRA or any incarnation of it

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

No it's not the names of those involved are well known and none of them are IRA or any incarnation of it

Local criminals then? From outside blaming republicans for protection is a rational guess

I suspect he knows that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I'm sure if the directors were getting extortion requests they would have said. The only motive we know is that this group want Sean Quinn back in charge.

I'm sure if the directors were getting extortion requests they would have said. The only motive we know is that this group want Sean Quinn back in charge.

There's a property right of way dispute too.

• Advertisement

Never said there was anything ok about it. And it certainly isn’t the tidy towns committee

Actually I'd say it's more likely the Tidy Towns committee. It's a local issue carried out by locals. No money in getting Quinn his old job back or access to land some French company bought. This is a personal issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

The unrelenting nature of the harassment of the Quinn company executives combined with the length of time it has gone on and the fact it has escalated to the point where serious injury has been inflicted suggest a professional outfit are involved. Given the location there is really only one outfit that could be responsible. What was very telling, was the statement by the CEO suggesting the professional knuckledraggers perpetrating the violence and carrying out the threats were being bankrolled by the money man behind them .. I think we know full well who the money man is. I would argue that the relationship between the money man and the aggressors is a long one that in its heyday permitted his business to grow unmolested through the height of the troubles.

As far as the polices failure to resolve this ongoing campaign of terror, it simply comes down to priorities. Neither the PSNI nor the Gardai think this is significant enough an issue to commit resources. Perhaps to investigate would in fact open a can of worms that might point to a history of the authorities turning a blind eye to infringements and lawlessness along the border. It seems especially mystifying that this campaign of terror against the Quinn executives continues unabated now that former PSNI Drew is the new garda commissioner. Someone will end up being killed and then the sh$t will really hit the fan.

Of course it should be remembered that a number of the Quinn executives also actually worked with Sean Quinn, for the Quinn group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Those signs have been up here for what must be years at this stage.

The ARU are visibly present around Cavan for an age now as well.

The Lunney thing and the ATM thing is connected, the Emyvale Garda station arson isn't, that's thought to be a twat that got lifted for while drunk, and wanted "revenge".

People banging on about how the garda should do this, and should do that, they're not going to broadcast what they are doing on 6One News. Its enough that every checkpoint is reported in seconds on Facebook, meaning all the toerags of the day can avoid them.

The atm thing, as in the ones stolen using diggers? Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The only motive we know is that this group want Sean Quinn back in charge.
    There has to be more to it than that. THere's a huge amount of money going into resourcing the campaign against the company execs. Someone is looking for a good return on that investment. It looks to be way beyond personal or personalities.

The sign is down anyway. Hope they run a spellchecker on the replacement one.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/sign-near-border-about-quinn-directors-removed-by-garda%C3%AD-1.4069134

If it was one or two people organising a paid gang out outsiders surely the locals would speak up?

reg114 wrote: »
    The unrelenting nature of the harassment of the Quinn company executives combined with the length of time it has gone on and the fact it has escalated to the point where serious injury has been inflicted suggest a professional outfit are involved. Given the location there is really only one outfit that could be responsible. What was very telling, was the statement by the CEO suggesting the professional knuckledraggers perpetrating the violence and carrying out the threats were being bankrolled by the money man behind them .. I think we know full well who the money man is. I would argue that the relationship between the money man and the aggressors is a long one that in its heyday permitted his business to grow unmolested through the height of the troubles.

As far as the polices failure to resolve this ongoing campaign of terror, it simply comes down to priorities. Neither the PSNI nor the Gardai think this is significant enough an issue to commit resources. Perhaps to investigate would in fact open a can of worms that might point to a history of the authorities turning a blind eye to infringements and lawlessness along the border. It seems especially mystifying that this campaign of terror against the Quinn executives continues unabated now that former PSNI Drew is the new garda commissioner. Someone will end up being killed and then the sh$t will really hit the fan.

That's a fair stretch though and the people who have been involved in other incidents and many of whom are locally known as involved and running this, not the paymaster are none political, no association with paramilitaries.

The guy behind this has more friends in South Dublin than West Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hard to know who is directly behind it but one thing is for certain, Quinn is the one who stands to benefit the most from it if he can get back control of the company. If he was paying out protection to provos for the last 30 years and this has now abruptly stopped then can it be any wonder that the criminals want him back in charge to get the money flowing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Would it have been possible for a business of that size to operate on the border without paying their "dues" ?

Would the recipients happily sit back & accept that the money has stopped flowing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Discodog wrote: »
    Would it have been possible for a business of that size to operate on the border without paying their "dues" ?

Would the recipients happily sit back & accept that the money has stopped flowing ?

Why would the directors have not said if that was the case? Why do they keep referring to the 'paymaster'?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement