Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Criminal, republican, regular citizen or a quinn?

It is a criminal from outside the area that has been orchestrating the thing. Has been in the area and throwing his weight around for about a decade or so. Links to other criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It is a criminal from outside the area that has been orchestrating the thing. Has been in the area and throwing his weight around for about a decade or so. Links to other criminals.

And what motive could he have for wanting Quinn back?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

As a matter of interest why didn’t they change the name of the company after Quinn was shown the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,837 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Discodog wrote: »
    And what motive could he have for wanting Quinn back?

What€ver it is, h€ is w€ll motivat€d.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mgn wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why did he give the interview to the BBC instead of RTE.

Dunno but the interview with Kevin Lunney on Spotlight is being repeated tonight at 11.15pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

Dublin fellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

If you know that (how btw) then it should be easy for the guards to pick him up.
    And what is this Provo criminals motive in getting the board to resign?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I can't understand why these directors aren't allowed a permit to carry a weapon for personal protection.

I know if I was one of them, I'd take one and a bit of training.

If I'm stopped on a dark lane by any gang, I'd empty the thing on them. Only way to deal with scum like this.

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong the done horrific damage to the man but just didn't sound the work of hardened republicans etc..

Yeah amateurs for sure.

If they'd been proper republicans they'd have broken every bone in his body like they did to Paul Quinn when they had his heavily outnumbered in a remote shed.

Real hard men.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

NIMAN wrote: »
    I can't understand why these directors aren't allowed a permit to carry a weapon for personal protection.

If I'm stopped on a dark lane by any gang, I'd empty the thing on them. Only way to deal with scum like this.

This isn’t Texas normal people can’t go strapping pistols to their hips when they go to work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

...because allowing people bear arms has worked out so well in the likes of America :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,837 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If you know that (how btw) then it should be easy for the guards to pick him up.
    And what is this Provo criminals motive in getting the board to resign?

He is not a Provo, he is your dad.

If you had a bare notion you'd know as well.

In my defence mods, he was talking out his proverbial.

MadYaker wrote: »
    This isn’t Texas normal people can’t go strapping pistols to their hips when they go to work.

I know it's not, but there are plenty of personal fire arms in private hands.

And this is a rather extreme case. It's not like these directors are heading to work in their local co-op, their lives and the lives of their families are being threatened, and once one of them has been tortured the scum will have to continue to up the ante.

If I was one of those directors I'd be enquiring about one.

...because allowing people bear arms has worked out so well in the likes of America :rolleyes:

I'm not suggesting all of Derrylin is armed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Allinall

Would that be before or after you were shot dead?

Allinall wrote: »
    Would that be before or after you were shot dead?

Who knows, but at least I'd stand a chance against scumbags.

They have tortured a man in the most inhuman way. What do you think they will do next?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm not suggesting all of Derrylin is armed.
    Its a downward slope.
    Also someone allowed arm themselves is more likely to injure themselves taking it out.

Its a downward slope.
    Also someone allowed arm themselves is more likely to injure themselves taking it out.

Possibly, but I'd take that chance rather than be tortured and possibly have my body thrown in a ditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Allinall

Who knows, but at least I'd stand a chance against scumbags.

They have tortured a man in the most inhuman way. What do you think they will do next?

I’d suggest you don’t lower yourself to their level.

It never works.

Leave the hard man stuff to the authorities.

Allinall wrote: »
    I’d suggest you don’t lower yourself to their level.

It never works.

Leave the hard man stuff to the authorities.

I couldn't imagine what those directors are thinking. Would be tempted myself to pack it all in.

As for the whole debacle, does anyone actually know what it's all about?

By my reckoning there is one of 3 possibilities.

1) these thugs used to get loads of protection money from Quinn, but QIH aren't paying up so are being threatened.

2) the previous owner doesn't like people running his old business, and he wants it back by any means

3) someone who has a grudge against Quinn is hiring these guys to make it look like (2) is true.

Is it one of these, or another option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I couldn't imagine what those directors are thinking. Would be tempted myself to pack it all in.

As for the whole debacle, does anyone actually know what it's all about?

By my reckoning there is one of 3 possibilities.

1) these thugs used to get loads of protection money from Quinn, but QIH aren't paying up so are being threatened.

2) the previous owner doesn't like people running his old business, and he wants it back by any means

3) someone who has a grudge against Quinn is hiring these guys to make it look like (2) is true.

Is it one of these, or another option?

As the directors have said nothing about protection money I’ll go with 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Dunno but the interview with Kevin Lunney on Spotlight is being repeated tonight at 11.15pm

What channel? Don't see it on the EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Yeah amateurs for sure.

If they'd been proper republicans they'd have broken every bone in his body like they did to Paul Quinn when they had his heavily outnumbered in a remote shed.

Real hard men.

Not what I meant or intended. Just with the running out to buy the bleach etc.. Didn't sound like well prepared experienced criminals was all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Technique wrote: »
    What channel? Don't see it on the EPG.

BBC 2 Northern Ireland 11.15

• Registered Users Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I know it's not, but there are plenty of personal fire arms in private hands.

And this is a rather extreme case. It's not like these directors are heading to work in their local co-op, their lives and the lives of their families are being threatened, and once one of them has been tortured the scum will have to continue to up the ante.

If I was one of those directors I'd be enquiring about one.
    There aren't plenty of personal fire arms in private hands in Ireland.

Trained police officers on-target rate is less than 18%. What do you think will be the success rate of a stressed target who did a bit of training a few months ago?

https://www.ajc.com/blog/get-schooled/gunfights-trained-officers-have-percent-hit-rate-yet-want-arm-teachers/mDBlhDtV6Na4wJVpeu58cM/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Despicable what was done to this man. Makes you lose a little more faith in this country and its people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Spotlight is some viewing........

Good grief, Lunney was unmercifully tortured.

This sh*te has been going on for years now and nobody ever arrested.

Brave brave man going on to talk about this horrific experience. You could see it brought it all back for him , it’s only 7 weeks ago . I doubt he’ll ever be the same, I’m sure he thought he was dead that day .

The fear of more retaliation if police ever leave gaps in their surveillance, the fear of wives and kids being targeted must be huge,, how do these families sleep at night ?

While I believe in standing up to bullies , highlighting everything that’s going on on as many media outlets as possible , I also think the perpetrators are more than mere bullies , they’re dangerous cold bastards who will stop at nothing.

Like a lot of posters I don’t understand why? But I feel Seán Quinn does !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Brave brave man going on to talk about this horrific experience. You could see it brought it all back for him , it’s only 7 weeks ago . I doubt he’ll ever be the same, I’m sure he thought he was dead that day .

The fear of more retaliation if police ever leave gaps in their surveillance, the fear of wives and kids being targeted must be huge,, how do these families sleep at night ?

While I believe in standing up to bullies , highlighting everything that’s going on on as many media outlets as possible , I also think the perpetrators are more than mere bullies , they’re dangerous cold bastards who will stop at nothing.

Like a lot of posters I don’t understand why? But I feel Seán Quinn does !

A disturbing story, I hope he and his family are getting treatment for ptsd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SVI40

There aren't plenty of personal fire arms in private hands in Ireland.

There are circa 200k licenced firearms in the country. All licences are issued for hunting or target shooting. They are not licenced for personal protection, if you put that as a reason on your application form, you will be refused.

However, there are occasional exceptions, such as the first solicitor who worked with CAB, was offered a firearm, but I believe he refused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement