Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭celt262

Is he confirmed to be the deceased?

With the bit of information released with age and number of convictions its looking like its him alright. But no not confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think most people would say "good riddance", as callous as that sounds.

Shame he wasn't spending 25 yrs in prison though.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

celt262 wrote: »
    With the bit of information released with age and number of convictions its looking like its him alright. But no not confirmed.

Independent have named him

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think most people would say "good riddance", as callous as that sounds.

Shame he wasn't spending 25 yrs in prison though.

He would still be directing from prison thought.

Permanent solution is probably best for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

it's crazy the information known to the locals and then everybody else not having a clue. when everyone was saying a paymaster, a lot of people including me were assuming it was sean quinn himself, until i read in this thread that it wasn't.

serious defamation on sean quinn in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,718 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

it's crazy the information known to the locals and then everybody else not having a clue. when everyone was saying a paymaster, a lot of people including me were assuming it was sean quinn himself, until i read in this thread that it wasn't.

People jumping to conclusions on boards/social media? Never! :D

Cyril mcguinness never did anything from an altruistic angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Ah he is no saint either.
    Ask any farmer who owned/owns land up on the mountain where he wanted to build a haul road to the cement factory, and who resisted at first....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Still could be.

the article has about the guy who died in Derby.

"He is thought to have been hired by another person, known as “The Paymaster” to form a gang to kidnap Mr Lunney and intimidate him and his fellow directors to resign from their posts in Quinn Holdings".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭blackwhite

All the reports are saying that McGuinness was hired by a "paymaster" - no indication still as to who that person is or is not.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

blackwhite wrote: »
    All the reports are saying that McGuinness was hired by a "paymaster" - no indication still as to who that person is or is not.

The paymaster what a mystery....

Let's hope Dublin Jimmy is the first of many to be caught.

Another thing about the case, Michael McDowell said on radio the other day that the anti-QIH director posters on lamp posts have been there for months and haven't been taken down as council workers have been warned.

Can the police not take them down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

blackwhite wrote: »

McGuinness was doing it to get Sean Quinn back in charge. He wasn’t going to profit, only Quinn would so unless McGuinness is some altruist you would have to assume he was working for Quinn.
    Interesting if they trace a contact between the two of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭jh79

The main suspect has died during the police raids according to the Irish Times

jh79 wrote: »
    The main suspect has died during the police raids according to the Irish Times

Breaking news here lads :pac:

McGuinness was doing it to get Sean Quinn back in charge. He wasn’t going to profit, only Quinn would so unless McGuinness is some altruist you would have to assume he was working for Quinn.
    Interesting if they trace a contact between the two of them.

You would be hoping that there is something in that safe house to link the paymaster to Jimmy.

celt262 wrote: »
    You would be hoping that there is something in that safe house to link the paymaster to Jimmy.

Here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

The alleged mastermind of the brutal abduction and torture of businessman Kevin Lunney died of a heart attack when English police raided his “safe house” in the UK in a series of searches by three police forces this morning.

Indo link

He got some surprise!

shows the quality of the hard men put on pedestals by the media or anyone who soft-pedals the cancer of violence in pursuit of financial or political ends.

big man shat himself and keeled over at sign of a cop actually coming at him.

embarrassed that it took the uk cops to put the hand on him.

drug gangs, splinter republicans, border bandits- only take up the gun cos theyre not worth a fcuk with the gifts they inherited

Another thing about the case, Michael McDowell said on radio the other day that the anti-QIH director posters on lamp posts have been there for months and haven't been taken down as council workers have been warned.

They are gone. Drove past where they were the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DFGrange

People jumping to conclusions on boards/social media? Never! :D

If you accept that as the norm then let's speculate a bit.

How did a guy with a cement truck become a paper billionaire within 20 years in an area known to be controlled by the IRA?

SQ snr is a shrewd negotiator without a doubt but there are limits to his style if you've ever met him. He's a Cavan/Fermanagh kind of guy. Apart from that you'd think Lagan would have bought him out or undercut him long before he got a foothold in the market.

Maybe he was just lucky
    ..like his €5 card games. ;)

martyoo wrote: »

He got some surprise!

I dont know why, its not the first time he's had the cops round.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Send the army in to take them down, armed to the gills, to prove a point.

Hell, run it over with a Mowag.

They are gone. Drove past where they were the other day.

Yeah all signs gone on both sides of the border.

Clearly serious heat was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Here's his brother.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/garda%25C3%25AD-fear-lives-at-risk-if-data-on-quinn-attack-warrant-released-1.2821327%3fmode=amp

Tormenting QIH employees seems to be a McGuinness family endeavor going by this old news report...

Paymaster obviously has very deep pockets to keep this up all these years.

DFGrange wrote: »

How did a guy with a cement truck become a paper billionaire within 20 years in an area known to be controlled by the IRA?

SQ snr is a shrewd negotiator without a doubt but there are limits to his style if you've ever met him. He's a Cavan/Fermanagh kind of guy. Apart from that you'd think Lagan would have bought him out or undercut him long before he got a foothold in the market.

Maybe he was just lucky

My dad worked for Sean and knew him personally from childhood. I know him too, but not well.

I have no idea whether there was an IRA connection or not. Quinn was an extremely hard worker and astute business man. He got involved in business that was so lucrative that Cement Roadholdings (I think they were called then) were flying helicopters over here spying on his growing operation. They were more or less the monopoly then and he took a major part of the business.

And PLEASE...'an area controlled by the IRA???? :D:D

Many many people got rich building up their businesses and went about their lives without any control or interference by the IRA. Such a lazy sensationalist cliche.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

DFGrange wrote: »

Maybe he was just lucky

What is a cavan/fermanagh kind of guy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement