Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

It's obvious from the available information that this guy has been untouchable for the last 20 years. He has been robbing ATMs, illegal dumping, robbing plant, beating up people and generally causing mayhem. It is reported that he was involved in the Baltic exchange bomb but it seems he was never questioned. The people in the area know what he is, I think you can guess.

Untouchable? The reports said he had about 50 convictions. Incorrigible might be a better description.

Him dying has to be one of the strangest things that could ever happen. When does that happen? When does someone actually die because their door is kicked in.

I have my suspicions about that, for some reason. I'm not saying the Police beat him to death or anything, but something just seems so weirdly unusual about that turn of events.

The conspiracy theorists are really running riot in this thread. He was an overweight smoker. He thought he was in a safe house but somehow the cops got wind of its location. He got the shock of his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Untouchable? The reports said he had about 50 convictions. Incorrigible might be a better description.

Minor sentences in these isles. His only major conviction occured in Belgium. He waved and smiled at the police surveillance in London as he walked away from the truck bomb. He considered himself untouchable. Good enough for the cnut. Dying soiling himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Rip Dublin Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

Dante7 wrote: »
    Minor sentences in these isles. His only major conviction occured in Belgium. He waved and smiled at the police surveillance in London as he walked away from the truck bomb. He considered himself untouchable. Good enough for the cnut. Dying soiling himself.

Best news I've heard this week:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

The conspiracy theorists are really running riot in this thread. He was an overweight smoker. He thought he was in a safe house but somehow the cops got wind of its location. He got the shock of his life.

He was an asset at one stage, I am sure they knew where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

It would have to make you think though,this guy was an MI5 informer who seemed to have protected him for years no matter what crimes he committed and him talking about this would have almost made a state agency an accessory to these crimes,we have been down this road before in this country.

He has been arrested multiple times and British police have been given the information of his whereabouts would it be that much of a stretch that MI5 were informed and went for the spin to protect Her Majesty's agencys "sensitive state information"?

His timely death has been a massive coincidental convenience for MI5.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tipptom wrote: »
    It would have to make you think though,this guy was an MI5 informer who seemed to have protected him for years no matter what crimes he committed and him talking about this would have almost made a state agency an accessory to these crimes,we have been down this road before in this country.

He has been arrested multiple times and British police have been given the information of his whereabouts would it be that much of a stretch that MI5 were informed and went for the spin to protect Her Majesty's agencys "sensitive state information"?

His timely death has been a massive coincidental convenience for MI5.

As was mentioned earlier, there certainly are questions to be answered of authorities on both sides of the pond.
    Not on behalf of this guy if he is the perp, but on exactly why this was allowed to get to where it has gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Bad diet, stressed lifestyle with lots of upheaval, dreading the inevitable of being found, pressure from the paymaster, lack of a normal family life at his age, lots of enemies, regret, witnessing and/or taking part in inhuman acts, trauma from constantly looking over his shoulder, a life of distrust and not knowing who to talk to, empathy creeping in at a certain age, repentant feelings, questionable feelings about previous actions... It's going to take it's toll.

guys like that thrive on chaos

" regret "
    "empathy "

are you serious ? , you think witnessing inhuman acts bothered him , psychos like that get off on it

• Registered Users Posts: 65,482 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not just that.
    His insurance business was mismanaged as it had "significantly breached" its solvency ratios and made various asset guarantees which reduced the companys value.
    We now have a 2% levy to all non-life policies until 2037 to thank him for :mad:

The only insurance company in the world that didn't employ any actuaries. Shure why would you? Premium income = profit that can be taken out of the company and transferred into a private bank account :rolleyes: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭misterme123

The thing I find amazing is the fact that the "paymaster" didn't deduce that this escalation would backfire. He would have to be completely delusional to think the attack on Kevin Lunney and subsequent massive publicity would help his cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It's obvious from the available information that this guy has been untouchable for the last 20 years. He has been robbing ATMs, illegal dumping, robbing plant, beating up people and generally causing mayhem. It is reported that he was involved in the Baltic exchange bomb but it seems he was never questioned. The people in the area know what he is, I think you can guess.

He stole heavy machinery for a living.

The truck stolen for the Baltic was sourced off him.

The thing I find amazing is the fact that the "paymaster" didn't deduce that this escalation would backfire. He would have to be completely delusional to think the attack on Kevin Lunney and subsequent massive publicity would help his cause.

That's why I find it hard to believe Quinn is behind it, unless he has taken complete leave of his senses and those around him, who must have known.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

https://www.channel4.com/news/suspect-linked-to-kidnap-and-torture-of-northern-irish-businessman-dies-during-raid

channel 4 asked sean quinn when he last talked to cyril mcguinness in their interview last week, and aired it now

he seems pretty shook by the question, his answer is rambling

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

unkel wrote: »
    The only insurance company in the world that didn't employ any actuaries. Shure why would you? Premium income = profit that can be taken out of the company and transferred into a private bank account :rolleyes: :mad:

Did anyone here ever make a settlement with Quinn Insurance? How was it paid out?
    Big cash revenue businesses. Cement, asphalt, insurance and tried to get his hands on a bank. 2+2=?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

unkel wrote: »

Never insured with them, but had an old Merc I was driving written off by a Quinn insured driver.
    Two days later a guy arrived to look at the car, and made me an offer of twice it's worth, plus a weeks car hire and keep the old car.
    Only criteria was that I didnt claim for whiplash, or go to court.
    Nothing wrong with me, so I accepted.
    Cheque 3 days later.
    ( edit. It was a 1988 Mercedes 230 that I'd bought at auction for 600 euro. I said it was worth 1000, they paid me 2400).

That's why I find it hard to believe Quinn is behind it, unless he has taken complete leave of his senses and those around him, who must have known.

yeah quinn has never made a misjudgement and then refused to accept his mistake huh

yeah quinn has never made a misjudgement and then refused to accept his mistake huh

A 5 year long mis-judgement involving injury and near death on numerous occasions? 5 years when he wasn't getting any closer to the aim when it began?

Maybe he did misjudge, I just find it hard to believe tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

If you read the article it states that it was our Garda who actually traced him and pointed out his secret hideaway to the English police. They knew nothing about him.
    Less of the faux embarrassment to get your digs in.

Fact remains that the guards left it up to the UK police to confront him, despite knowing his whereabouts in Ireland when he was here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The son-in-law seems to have a particular beef, and access to a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Silly Gilly

https://www.channel4.com/news/suspect-linked-to-kidnap-and-torture-of-northern-irish-businessman-dies-during-raid

channel 4 asked sean quinn when he last talked to cyril mcguinness in their interview last week, and aired it now

he seems pretty shook by the question, his answer is rambling

LOL! Watch his eyes when the interviewer mentions McGuinness. He might soon regret those on camera denials of contact.

A 5 year long mis-judgement involving injury and near death on numerous occasions? 5 years when he wasn't getting any closer to the aim when it began?

Maybe he did misjudge, I just find it hard to believe tbh.

ah in fairness francie, i dont think it fits that quinn is driving the trouble with QIH

bubutg i just think discounting him for the specific reason given ignores a multi-year campaign of folly he's already engaged in.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Fact remains that the guards left it up to the UK police to confront him, despite knowing his whereabouts in Ireland when he was here.

He lived in northern Ireland

Article on the independent.ie website saying the pressure will now be on this mysterious paymaster fwiw. So presumably "Dublin Jimmy" was not financing his own activities. I assume they know what they are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

bubblypop wrote: »
    He lived in northern Ireland
    European arrest warrant. The whole thing can be summed up by, it wasn't a priority cos of where it was. Unfortunately it took someone of importance to get beaten to within an inch of his life before it did, plus I suspect the immigrants in lorries and hey presto, action taken across 3 police authorities with the necessary resources given.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Parkender

He was an asset at one stage, I am sure they knew where to go.

They knew where to go ... and what to do. Heart attack me hole!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

What is the Channel 4 programme that people are referring to, and can it still be seen?

Dante7 wrote: »
    The son-in-law seems to have a particular beef, and access to a few quid.

This the guy who skipped over the border permantly when there was a warrant out, when SQ and his son were in court and getting jailed

He was the one who was doing a lot of firesale cash deals in Europe and beyond when the courts started moving in.

Don't think this will ever be traced back to SQ directly.

That's what I got from the Kevin Lunney programme the other night and it shocked me that he does seem to taken leave of his senses and there are people close to SQ in the background as paymasters who were the orchestrators and cash providers and it could be said that SQ had no hand act or part in it.

It will be interesting when it finally comes out about SQ and his sons time as "advisers" to the Quinn group and how nasty it all ended
    They invited all their supporters for a party to celebrate taking back the company!!

I think its also astonishing that the Quinn family would not have even sent a sympathetic card to the Lunnys after what happened at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Its interesting that some on here think that there is a shady organistion behind Quinn directing operations and pulling the strings. They cant fathom that the Quinn was run and directed by Quinn himself who worked hard, had a few advantages and is ruthless.

Some here with a certain political agenda like to see provos under every bush and seem to think that they had their paws in every pot and were extorting here there and everywhere and were so good that no one knew. At the same time the same people claim from a height that they were infiltrated to such an extent that the Brits knew everything that they were doing and if they farted the Brits knew it 5 minutes before hand.

There were far bigger beasts than the provos operating in Ireland north and south who knew and directed what was going on. Indeed the now head of the Garda was part of that set up.

Sorry but you are deluded if you think that a business man could have thrived on the border in the height of the troubles, becoming the wealthiest man on the island and not have attracted the attention of the provos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement