Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Rip Dublin Jimmy
    :rolleyes:
    Good riddance to yet another of society's cancers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,145 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

reg114 wrote: »
    Sorry but you are deluded if you think that a business man could have thrived on the border in the height of the troubles, becoming the wealthiest man on the island and not have attracted the attention of the provos.

Deluded is right.
    Protection paid all along I’d safely say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sorry but you are deluded if you think that a business man could have thrived on the border in the height of the troubles, becoming the wealthiest man on the island and not have attracted the attention of the provos.

Veering in to fantasist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

The only money that would have been given over would have contributions to the cause if there were such minded which I have never heard about, as I would also say goes for their direct competitor,the Lagan brothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Deluded is right.
    Protection paid all along I’d safely say.

Not an issue that is limited to the border counties. Look at the recent revelations about the advice given by the council in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I have a theory that when SQ was facing bankruptcy he signed over or sold much of his wealth, for next or nothing, so it couldn't be subject of the bankruptcy proceedings.

For example, it was alleged by the liquidator that property owned in Russia worth $193m had been sold to a cousin, Peter Quinn, for $1,000 and a laptop computer. Must have been a nice lappy.

This would have been done on the assurance (non-legal, between friend and relatives) that it would be returned after he was cleared.

What if his senior management team decided to shaft him when the time came to hand it back? Surely behavior worthy of a vendetta?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

https://www.channel4.com/news/suspect-linked-to-kidnap-and-torture-of-northern-irish-businessman-dies-during-raid

channel 4 asked sean quinn when he last talked to cyril mcguinness in their interview last week, and aired it now

he seems pretty shook by the question, his answer is rambling

Well well, would you look at that! Obviously it was known that mcguinness was behind the attacks, just look at Quinn’s eyes when the interviewer asked him if he ever spoke to mcguinness... straight away he said never... then he starts rambling without any provocation to do so.... he goes from never speaking to him to rabbiting on about going to the pub in ballyconnell.... he chatted to him but never talked to him... guilty as hell... if the cops got SQ into an interview room they would take him apart... it now appears to me that SQ actually is the ultimate paymaster... the question now is, did he hide his tracks well enough not to be caught or did emotion get the better of him and now he will finally go where he belongs... jail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭celt262

Well well, would you look at that! Obviously it was known that mcguinness was behind the attacks, just look at Quinn’s eyes when the interviewer asked him if he ever spoke to mcguinness... straight away he said never... then he starts rambling without any provocation to do so.... he goes from never speaking to him to rabbiting on about going to the pub in ballyconnell.... he chatted to him but never talked to him... guilty as hell... if the cops got SQ into an interview room they would take him apart... it now appears to me that SQ actually is the ultimate paymaster... the question now is, did he hide his tracks well enough not to be caught or did emotion get the better of him and now he will finally go where he belongs... jail

Is the penny only dropping now that its Quinn?

If not Sean it's some of the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Article on the independent.ie website saying the pressure will now be on this mysterious paymaster fwiw. So presumably "Dublin Jimmy" was not financing his own activities. I assume they know what they are talking about.
    Richard Curran interviewed a former Garda who had dealings with McGuinness on the RTE Business show on the radio this morning, who came to the same conclusion - that there was another paymaster behind McGuinness.

Wombatman wrote: »
    I have a theory that when SQ was facing bankruptcy he signed over or sold much of his wealth, for next or nothing, so it couldn't be subject of the bankruptcy proceedings.

For example, it was alleged by the liquidator that property owned in Russia worth $193m had been sold to a cousin, Peter Quinn, for $1,000 and a laptop computer. Must have been a nice lappy.

This would have been done on the assurance (non-legal, between friend and relatives) that it would be returned after he was cleared.

What if his senior management team decided to shaft him when the time came to hand it back? Surely behavior worthy of a vendetta?

that certainly happened in at least a few known instances (laptop the best known)

even in the hypothetical event where the management took over the firm in these circs (no coverage suggests this, its owned and run from the US and didn't change hands for pennies) it would be some cheek to get all ethical about it all of a sudden.

now im not saying quinn hasnt got that cheek. i just think we're a bit far down the rabbit hole at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

tdf7187 wrote: »
    The conspiracy theorists are really running riot in this thread. .

I suspect you might have said the same thing when allegations of state collusion with paramilitaries was first alleged. The reality is some criminals are allowed run amok because they are state informants. James Whitey Bulger and Freddie Scappaticci being prime examples. This man might not have been a state asset, but it's not ridiculous to suggest he was, maybe he was just very lucky not to do a long stretch in Ireland or England despite being a career criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,723 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tipptom wrote: »
    That's what I got from the Kevin Lunney programme the other night and it shocked me that he does seem to taken leave of his senses and there are people close to SQ in the background as paymasters who were the orchestrators and cash providers and it could be said that SQ had no hand act or part in it.

It will be interesting when it finally comes out about SQ and his sons time as "advisers" to the Quinn group and how nasty it all ended
    They invited all their supporters for a party to celebrate taking back the company!!

I think its also astonishing that the Quinn family would not have even sent a sympathetic card to the Lunnys after what happened at the very least.

I fear you might be right. I hadn't read this and tbh it doesn't take much to read between the lines here.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/10/28/news/john-bosco-o-hagan-i-wish-i-had-never-tried-to-help-sean-quinn-1748052/?fbclid=IwAR0uC6OQcssus7xENPZPTIE2yGxBu2qbDI0R_-x9oiVXpALneSY9Wo-uEEs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Certainly a possibility. Either way, whoever it is, has high up insiders in the company who obviously want rid of the current owners and much of the management. The folks there locally know the score. I read that the Quinn family wanted to meet with the company and were very swiftly told where to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,922 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I am shocked to see that clip from the c4 interview with SQ mentioning McGuinness, cos it wasn't in their original 10 min piece aired before the raid.

So they asked him about McGuinness in an interview a few weeks ago, why? It was obviously known to the media McGuinness was behind it all. But they cut that bit out of the piece before the raid when first aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Odhinn

NIMAN wrote: »
    I am shocked to see that clip from the c4 interview with SQ mentioning McGuinness, cos it wasn't in their original 10 min piece aired before the raid.

So they asked him about McGuinness in an interview a few weeks ago, why? It was obviously known to the media McGuinness was behind it all. But they cut that bit out of the piece before the raid when first aired.

Perhaps it was pointed out that - in the face of his targeting by the law - it may be claimed to be prejudicial in any future trial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,723 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

NIMAN wrote: »

Because the dogs in the street knew the name here.

If I was making a defence in court of Quinn it would be that he thought there was an accusation being made or implied in the query. Because he would have heard the chat/rumours too

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Without doubt reading between the lines here SQ is the paymaster, why else would they place a disclaimer at the end saying that SQ condemned the attacks... he is scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Plenty of businesses thrived along the border and didn't pay protection to the provos. In this case it is obvious that the provos have no involvement. It is obvious who is pulling the strings in this case and no amount of shouting "its the provos" will change that. Blaming the IRA is an easy way out for people who are pushing a certain agenda.

McGuinness was an assset but not a provo, he was bought and paid for by much bigger beasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,145 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Plenty of businesses thrived along the border and didn't pay protection to the provos. In this case it is obvious that the provos have no involvement. It is obvious who is pulling the strings in this case and no amount of shouting "its the provos" will change that. Blaming the IRA is an easy way out for people who are pushing a certain agenda.

McGuinness was an assset but not a provo, he was bought and paid for by much bigger beasts.

Ha ha there’s loads of agendas on here. Loads.

Shows how little you know.

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    Shows how little you know.

Do tell so.

According to David Shayler he was allowed to walk away from an IRA truck bomb, he even stopped to wave at the undercover teams watching him. It was known by the met and Mi5 that he was involved but he was never even arrested over it. Why was that?

According to David Shayler he was allowed to walk away from an IRA truck bomb, he even stopped to wave at the undercover teams watching him. It was known by the met and Mi5 that he was involved but he was never even arrested over it. Why was that?

He was working for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Pubs are great for money laundering especially very busy Dublin pubs where €100k (mostly cash) turnover a week would have been the norm for many of the better ones.

He was working for them.

As I said much bigger beasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

As I said much bigger beasts.

Jesus you really have no clue ... so you think the British government want to take control of QIH ?
    McGuinness was a provo thug and an inforcer.... and a wealthy paymaster was paying him to do some horrible things. Can you get that much in your head?

hawkelady wrote: »
    Jesus you really have no clue ... so you think the British government want to take control of QIH ?
    McGuinness was a provo thug and an inforcer.... and a wealthy paymaster was paying him to do some horrible things. Can you get that much in your head?

I think we all know that, its not rocket science. He may have at one stage done a job for the provos but he was not one. Just as he was doing a job around the Quinn group.

Why was he never arrested for the IRA jobs in London even though the British knew and had proof he was involved according to an Mi5 man.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

TL,Dr, when is seanie the financer gonna be arrested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Why is it that whenever a Provo is caught in some criminal activity, there is always someone straight on here, not a SF supporter, to tell us it was the fault of MI5?

All I need for a full house is a tricolour on the coffin and Gerry Adams telling us he was a good republican.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement