Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

NIMAN wrote: »
    Behind a pay wall, cal you cut & paste the article?

Don't think that one is allowed to post a full article, but there are the Lunney bits:-

Two directors of Quinn Industrial Holdings (QIH) advised and encouraged the protest campaign run by Concerned Irish Citizens (CIC) that sought to prevent the sale of companies once owned by tycoon Seán Quinn.

Emails seen by The Sunday Times show the CIC campaign was advised by Kevin Lunney, the QIH director who was abducted outside his home in Co Fermanagh in September.

Lunney prepared draft letters for CIC to send to the administrators of Quinn Insurance after it ran into financial difficulties, and he also advised a group spokeswoman, Patricia Gilheany, on what issues to raise when speaking publicly to the media.

In one email sent in 2011, Lunney told Gilheany to talk about job losses, instability and how taxpayers’ money was being wasted by Anglo Irish Bank through its pursuit of Quinn after a receiver was appointed to sell its assets. The advice was given after Gilheany wrote to Lunney to say she might be invited to speak on Liveline, the RTE Radio show hosted by Joe Duffy, and she wanted to prepare for media questions.

“You should also talk about the redundancies already stated last week with more expected in the near future,” wrote Lunney. The email was copied to two of Quinn’s children, Seán Jr and Colette, and other parties. The Quinn family declined to comment when contacted yesterday.

CIC ran a high-profile campaign on Facebook which purported to represent the views of people in Cavan, Leitrim and Fermanagh who opposed the sale of the Quinn Group. The emails show it was provided with information and draft documents by Lunney and others who were once key figures in Quinn’s organisation.

A spokesman for QIH declined to respond to specific questions about the contents of the emails but said it had always been the company’s position that the businesses should remain in the locality under local management, and that anyone with information about intimidation or criminality should immediately report it to the authorities.

I reckon that Lunney was a wee bit too close to the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

He was seen drinking with Dublin jimmy in the pub when it got heated and said paymaster was heard saying to Dublin Jimmy what are we paying you for

So the secret meetings between the paymaster and the gang leader took place in a pub where they could be seen and overheard? Yeah, I'm sure both Dub Jimmy and Sean Quinn are that stupid.

Effects wrote: »
    So the secret meetings between the paymaster and the gang leader took place in a pub where they could be seen and overheard? Yeah, I'm sure both Dub Jimmy and Sean Quinn are that stupid.

Can't speak for Martin McGuinness's late nephew, but Sean Quinn would certainly appear to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

171170 wrote: »
    Can't speak for Martin McGuinness's late nephew, but Sean Quinn would certainly appear to be.

There is something in this post that makes me think that you calling Quinn 'stupid' is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Effects wrote: »

Whomever is behind this campaign has been quite open in their persecution of the QIH directors and business. They don't hide what they are doing, issue statements directly to the media, and until now seemed immune to the laws of the state.

They aren't afraid, so why you are so incredulous at the thought of McGuinness arguing with a paymaster in a public place is beyond me. Recently everything about the Quinn family and anything they touch is bizarre. GUBU!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Right he might not be the nicest of guys , but everyone in this country got a second chance to keep there houses , the builders that helped break this country are all up and running again .

I have never heard that they cut a proper deal for Quinn !

Maybe they did , still looks like they went to war on him from the beginning and what could he do only retaliate!

Would anyone here but actually any different all said and done ?

Quinn is not a victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Fotish

Just gone back with few weeks reading old articles on the Sean Quinn story
    My thoughts he was wronged namely the big accountant boys have caused this sorry mess
    They were cause of him buying in , and well able to get behind the calling in of debts afterwards
    He should have been allowed some time to trade out if he had shares given to Anglo !
    Anyway I feel for him , I know he’s bit agronant but u would too if u were bullied by the d4’s

He put all his eggs in one basket , over 2 billion invested in one bank, what could possibly go wrong ?

There is something in this post that makes me think that you calling Quinn 'stupid' is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. :D

So not only do you slobber all over Sinn Fein whenever the opportunity arises, but you also slobber all over Sean Quinn, Francie.

At least you're consistent in your selection of pin-ups!

So not only do you slobber all over Sinn Fein whenever the opportunity arises, but you also slobber all over Sean Quinn, Francie.

At least you're consistent in your selection of pin-ups!

:)

Cyril was neither an early nor 'late' nephew of MMCG.

My opinion was of 'your stupidity' in making a post like you did.

My opinion of Quinn was immaterial to the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Dublin Jimmy was not a nephew of Martin McGuinness. Was a rumour started on Twitter as they have the same surname

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

They were due in Court at 10.30am, but still no names published anywhere in the media ???

https://twitter.com/SineadHus/status/1199266133192392704?s=19

The Irish courts will deal with these rogues very harshly. 6 months a piece with the final 3 months suspended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Fotish wrote: »
    He put all his eggs in one basket , over 2 billion invested in one bank, what could possibly go wrong ?

He put his eggs in one basket because the accountants most certainly helped all the top brass keep the books looking good !
    That is fraud of the highest order .

I’ll agree Quinn was too greedy but no more greedy than the Celtic tiger landlords , all fine when it’s going well but don’t be around when they want the money in a hurry !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Hmm.. speculation will be rife as to unnamed fourth accused.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

AH has secured an order preventing him been named (for now anyway)

That would explain why Padraig O'Reilly deleted his tweet with yer man's photo.

Very unusual to not be named for this kind of offence.

****in disgraceful not to be named

this country is ****in rotten sometimes.

cue the legal eagles, as soon as theyre back from lunch, assuring us of the absolute propriety of the judges actions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

He put his eggs in one basket because the accountants most certainly helped all the top brass keep the books looking good !
    That is fraud of the highest order .

I’ll agree Quinn was too greedy but no more greedy than the Celtic tiger landlords , all fine when it’s going well but don’t be around when they want the money in a hurry !

Ok, you've had your fun and had a few bites, its getting boring now, try a different subject to troll.

Were the ages of the 4 of them given yesterday when they had just been charged?

The RTÉ report doesn’t say if the unnamed one has been remanded in custody or not.

Were the ages of the 4 of them given yesterday when they had just been charged?

The RTÉ report doesn’t say if the unnamed one has been remanded in custody or not.

I found the info on The Irish Times

Unamed man in his 30s and didn’t apply for bail.

Why would one be given the court protection of not being named?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Abducted and Ass Salted, what weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

I found the info on The Irish Times

Unamed man in his 30s and didn’t apply for bail.

Why would one be given the court protection of not being named?

Would it be because he’s already before the courts for something else?

I didn’t think of that. Would not want to prejudice either case?

I didn’t think of that. Would not want to prejudice either case?

god forbid being a toerag consistently would have any negative consequences on someone huh

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

:)

Cyril was neither an early nor 'late' nephew of MMCG.

My opinion was of 'your stupidity' in making a post like you did.

My opinion of Quinn was immaterial to the post.

Neither was he in the IRA apparently, despite being the main suspect in IRA bombings in England. Neither was he a friend of Slab Murphy, despite their many joint operations.

All we need now is confirmation from Gerry Adams, that very truthful man, that Cyril wasn't even a good republican.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Neither was he in the IRA apparently, despite being the main suspect in IRA bombings in England. Neither was he a friend of Slab Murphy, despite their many joint operations.

All we need now is confirmation from Gerry Adams, that very truthful man, that Cyril wasn't even a good republican.

Did you fall for the 'nephew' hoax too blanch?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Do not name or hint at the name (initials) of the person arrested today who cannot be named due to reporting restrictions. I've removed any posts from today contravening this. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Thank God they’re arrested and charged. Hope they’re the right people.
    If found guilty then a good long sentence is necessary for the brutality of their assault on that man, Lunney.
    Savages need to be kept apart from decent members of society.
    Hope the people who paid them are caught and charged too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i can never understand why some people need to know the name of someone arrested.
    what difference does it make?

theres obviously a reason why this has been dobe so roll with it.

ive been following and enjoying the storyline in the sunday times regarding quinn et al and feel these more to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

****in disgraceful not to be named

this country is ****in rotten sometimes.

cue the legal eagles, as soon as theyre back from lunch, assuring us of the absolute propriety of the judges actions!

Its the decisions of the judiciary that has lunatics out there that should never have been on the streets given their previous.

There will be serious blowback against the judiciary when the fourth man is eventually named, which wont be for some time yet as he is facing very serious charges in a separate case and has previously got off lightly in another.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement