Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I can see the media organisations challenging this decision in the High Court. They have done so in the past and succeeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

He will be named after his case for another crime is dealt with. If they name him now he could claim the case (nothing to do with QIH) was prejudiced.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Edgware wrote: »
    I can see the media organisations challenging this decision in the High Court. They have done so in the past and succeeded.

They wont. It would prejudice the first case he has to face which are more serious charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

STB. wrote: »
    Its the decisions of the judiciary that has lunatics out there that should never have been on the streets given their previous.

There will be serious blowback against the judiciary when the fourth man is eventually named, which wont be for some time yet as he is facing very serious charges in a separate case and has previously got off lightly in another.

I am not seeing an issue if it would jeopardise another case. The law is in motion. The general public not knowing his name just yet is only an affront to nosiness.
    What does it matter to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Call me Al wrote: »
    They aren't afraid, so why you are so incredulous at the thought of McGuinness arguing with a paymaster in a public place is beyond me.

Just because you aren't afraid doesn't mean you take stupid risks.

• Advertisement

They wont. It would prejudice the first case he has to face which are more serious charges.

How would it prejudice him?

The case.

Because he is accused of a more serious crime in a pending case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Effects wrote: »
    Just because you aren't afraid doesn't mean you take stupid risks.

People are people, stuff like this happens all the time and leads to numerous convictions.

god forbid being a toerag consistently would have any negative consequences on someone huh

Are you a close friend of his, you seem eager to get him a get put of gaol card.

171170 wrote: »
    So not only do you slobber all over Sinn Fein whenever the opportunity arises, but you also slobber all over Sean Quinn, Francie.

At least you're consistent in your selection of pin-ups!

In fairness he was calling out your childish horse shi7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

Because right to a fair trial

Jury's read news don't forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

The case.

How serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

How serious?

More serious than false imprisonment & assault :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

The case.

Fase imprisonment has a life sentence option. It would want to be very serious.

McCrack wrote: »

Because right to a fair trial

Jury's read news don't forget

This case will go to the Special Criminal Court, non jury. The State are at last treating this like the Limerick Gang cases. Every part of the State are working together to deal with scumbags. No bail, long sentences if convicted, Criminal Assets Bureau let loose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I recall an article written in the Irish Time around 12 years ago praising Sean Quinn as an astute and careful business man, whose only indulgence was his weekly game of cards for a few quid. In fairness to the journalist who wrote the piece, i imagine many people did have a good opinion of him back then

Sean FitzPatrick also received adulatory, almost fawning press coverage back then.

If Quinn had stuck to the knitting and not decided that he wanted to own a bank, he could still be in business today.

This case will go to the Special Criminal Court, non jury. The State are at last treating this like the Limerick Gang cases. Every part of the State are working together to deal with scumbags. No bail, long sentences if convicted, Criminal Assets Bureau let loose

Yeah well none of that happened previously.

When the timeline of what this guy has allegedly been involved in is released to the public, questions will be asked of what he was doing out. It looks like a litany of successive failures by the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yeah well none of that happened previously.

When the timeline of what this guy has allegedly been involved in is released to the public, questions will be asked of what he was doing out. It looks like a litany of successive failures by the courts.

Whatever about previously (I think it has happened previously btw) there is no doubt that once a certain threshold was passed the Gardai and agencies of the state shut this thing down very quickly.
        The question is why did it take so long, when we know files were landing on the Commissioner's desk.

Whatever about previously (I think it has happened previously btw) there is no doubt that once a certain threshold was passed the Gardai and agencies of the state shut this thing down very quickly.
        The question is why did it take so long, when we know files were landing on the Commissioner's desk.

That is the question that will come out of all this. And how many others are allowed to be among the general population several years after being charged with serious crimes that they are alleged to have committed.

Absolute mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

What has East Wall got to do with QIH ?
        I dont see the connection.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

"Dublin" Jimmy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Hired thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Fase imprisonment has a life sentence option. It would want to be very serious.

If found guilty of his other charge the only sentence available to the judge is a life sentence that should help identify the other charge he is before the courts for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Sorry but why is it one of the defendants couldn't be named?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This country needs to nuckle the fcuk down on lawlessness...

It’s absolute out of control. People have next to no respect for law, order, society and decency; and so little fear of repercussions..

Whomever is responsible for this vicious attack should face serious jail time...

We need some serious deterrent to crime. Right now, there is eff all deterrent with the disgustingly lenient sentences handed down to some real nasty people.

And it’s absolutely disgusting to think that it took a man to almost be murdered before any serious action was taken...

mgn wrote: »
        Hired thugs.

Serious criminals.

In some cases more single convictions than the max you can score on a dartboard.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

tdf7187 wrote: »
        Sorry but why is it one of the defendants couldn't be named?

If I was to guess I would say it’s because he’s before the courts on another matter whereby he can’t be named, so the same applies here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I was told once that a case file (I was a witness to something) was in the DPP’s office awaiting a decision for the guts of 2 years. That is far too slow and people commit further crimes during that time.
        I don’t know about files being in the Commissioner’s office or why they would be waiting for him to make a decision because there would be no point of law to be decided upon by him except policing matters or manpower issues. I have a feeling they were hoping things would die down and that things would revert to normal in the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Luke the crook and a couple of hired apes, pity this is Ireland where they will go into castlerea Centre Park for a 6 month holiday

• Advertisement
      • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

:)

Cyril was neither an early nor 'late' nephew of MMCG.

My opinion was of 'your stupidity' in making a post like you did.

My opinion of Quinn was immaterial to the post.

Given your adulation for the late Cyril Martin, I'm happy to accept your word for that.

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement