Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Masks starting to slip in the Sunday Independent today...

Did the current directors betray the local community?"

"Why are they suing staff that they were close to in the past?"

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/sean-quinn-defies-request-to-keep-off-qih-property-38806563.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The latest article in the indo very bizarre stuff indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

1. Quinn seems to have become even more delusional. From what I can see he has gone majorly downhill mentally since dublin jimmy croaked.

2. QIH should direct security to forcibly eject SQ if he even puts his shoe leather into their premises again

3. Guards should be called and given notice that Sean is barred and his car reg/regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

1. Quinn seems to have become even more delusional. From what I can see he has gone majorly downhill mentally since dublin jimmy croaked.

2. QIH should direct security to forcibly eject SQ if he even puts his shoe leather into their premises again

3. Guards should be called and given notice that Sean is barred and his car reg/regs.

Looks like Quinn is showing his true colours

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id guess that the security either dont want to eject him or are afraid of the blowback from other employees at the quarries if they did. It seems many people there still see him as the messiah. Agree that he seems deluded, he knows full well it is no longer his company yet there he is driving in and strolling around the place like he still owns it. He is coming across as a very broken and desperate man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

The response seems really weak from QIH. They let him keep the cars he had no right to keep, but wait, they stopped paying the tax and insurance on them! Then... they sent a strongly worded letter to him to stop meandering around premises he has no right to be on, and he just ignores it. Some tough love needed in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭facehugger99

SQ comes across as an incredibly ignorant, arrogant and self-centered goon.

He's some fcuking neck on him the way he's carrying on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

SQ comes across as an incredibly ignorant, arrogant and self-centered goon.

He's some fcuking neck on him the way he's carrying on.

When you were one of the most powerful men in the country, its probably hard to lose that air of "I can do whatever I want".

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

Theres a book I read about the Anglo fall that had a great little insight into how inflated SQs ego is.

In the book, Drum gets antsy about SQ buying all the shares and confronts him on it. SQ, who doesn't like being told off gets in a strop.

A meeting is arranged and SQ demands to meet Seanie Fitz as well as Drum. Seanie goes to the meeting as it implies SQ sees Drum as a cocky little young buck and he see seanie as more of an equal

The book described SQ behaviour at the meeting as bizarre. He'd refer to himself continually in the third person opening exchanges with "Sean Quinn thinks the position is x" or starting sentences with "I Sean Quinn blah blah blah". You really got the impression he had a massive opinion of himself.

Not surprised he still farting around his old businesses like he still owns them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Theres a book I read about the Anglo fall that had a great little insight into how inflated SQs ego is.

In the book, Drum gets antsy about SQ buying all the shares and confronts him on it. SQ, who doesn't like being told off gets in a strop.

A meeting is arranged and SQ demands to meet Seanie Fitz as well as Drum. Seanie goes to the meeting as it implies SQ sees Drum as a cocky little young buck and he see seanie as more of an equal

The book described SQ behaviour at the meeting as bizarre. He'd refer to himself continually in the third person opening exchanges with "Sean Quinn thinks the position is x" or starting sentences with "I Sean Quinn blah blah blah". You really got the impression he had a massive opinion of himself.

Not surprised he still farting around his old businesses like he still owns them

You don't become a billionaire in Ireland without being a psychopath/sociopath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

That's a good book if anyone is interested and it's called Citizen Quinn. Goes into a lot of detail on his rise and fall.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

'I'd be horrified if Seán Quinn was involved in Lunney abduction,' says friend Fr D'Arcy
    :rolleyes:
    "Seán Quinn says it wasn't him - I would be horrified if it was - absolutely horrified if it was," Fr D'Arcy told the Irish Independent. "He and his family have quite plainly said that it wasn't. This has been running for quite some time and there is a criminal investigation now - and I think the less that amateurs like myself say about it the better. All I do is I try when I am asked, to pour oil on troubled waters when I can."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Is there anyone even vaguely famous who Fr Brian D'Arcy isn't mates with?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Is there anyone even vaguely famous who Fr Brian D'Arcy isn't mates with?

You do know that Fr Brian is from Bellanaleck and Sean Quinn is from Derrylin?

Two villages in Fermanagh about 8 miles apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

elperello wrote: »
    You do know that Fr Brian is from Bellanaleck and Sean Quinn is from Derrylin?

Two villages in Fermanagh about 8 miles apart.

whenever someone well known in this country dies , Fr Brian is interviewed and informs us that he has known them since 1972

was a joke post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Who's been buying land around the old quinn sites and where has the money come from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I recall overhearing something as a kid regarding Sean’s influence / bullying regarding peters gaa presidential campaign I wish I was into investigative journalism at the time rather than thundercats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Despite his denials I think Sean Quinn had a hand in the barbaric attack on Kevin Lunney. I think he is the paymaster behind all the agitation against QIH. For a man with an inflated ego like his being told to stay in your box would not go down well. His persistent visits to QIH sites indicates someone who is not accepting reality. Yes he has his supporters but his time has past and he needs to accept this. His time passed because he got greedy and undid a lifetime of building up an empire. Which is sad on some levels but idiotic on others.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Will this story even come to a conclusion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

I’ve been away for a while and can’t believe this hasn’t been resolved yet, anyone able to tell me why so far they have only arrested a few crooks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭oceanman

I’ve been away for a while and can’t believe this hasn’t been resolved yet, anyone able to tell me why so far they have only arrested a few crooks?
    id say there is not that much effort or will to being put into case....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

The timing of the death of Dublin Jimmy no doubt led to a goldmine of information.

Wonder what the forensic accountants at GNCCB found at the end of it all. No doubt have had the cooperation of POCA and the SOF in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,155 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

oceanman wrote: »

With the legal bigwigs the paymaster is no doubt able to employ I would imagine they are not going to move until this is a cut and dried, i's dotted and t's crossed 'gotcha'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Could it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Could it be?

Media are camped outside Omagh police station at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭ongarite

Could it be?

No, he is 72.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Likely who ever got paid to do the dirty work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

oceanman wrote: »

Media reported that the file on this case is now so thick it is over a metre high Theres lots of effort being put in now by police both sides of the border, it just a shame someone had to be tortured and almost killed before they acted. The omerta that exists doesnt help either, people know stuff but are too afraid to talk.

Anyway these latest arrests must be spooking the paymaster. Its a lot of people they are hoping wont confess or take a deal being offered to implicate who is behind it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement