Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

How exactly do you accidentally burn a car?

You leave it on the stove for too long

Maybe the community sympathy is based on what the community know went down? Or know the true story?

which is what exactly?
    in the communities opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,718 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

bubblypop wrote: »
    which is what exactly?
    in the communities opinion?

Maybe some proper journalist would ask them.

but you seem to suggest that you know, in your post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

The burning of the car is absolutely outrageous and I’ll be disgusted if this isn’t investigated properly and if that investigation is not forced from the very top. What happened Kevin Lunney was disgraceful and there was real anger in this country that a man doing his job could be subjected to what he went through. For an instrument of the state, the people charged with keeping law and order, to have a car/evidence burned while it was in their care is beyond unacceptable. I’m not one for conspiracy theories but anyone believing this was an accident needs their head read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Lots of journalists have reported on the campaign over the years, presumabley on the law of averages some would have to be "proper journalists".
    Would you care to expand on what the real situation is?. I'm assuming from your posts you have sympathy with the campaign of violence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Maybe the community sympathy is based on what the community know went down? Or know the true story?

Are you condoning in any way the utterly despicable attack on Kevin Lunney and on the state?

And if not, do you outright condemn the attack on him?

40 years sentences need to be dished out to those responsible here...

Lots of journalists have reported on the campaign over the years, presumabley on the law of averages some would have to be "proper journalists".
    Would you care to expand on what the real situation is?. I'm assuming from your posts you have sympathy with the campaign of violence?

Why would you 'assume' that? Read the thread.

walshb wrote: »
    Are you condoning in any way the utterly despicable attack on Kevin Lunney and on the state?

And if not, do you outright condemn the attack on him?

40 years sentences need to be dished out to those responsible here...

Absolutely agree. I don't know where you got the idea I think any other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,683 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

DeanAustin wrote: »
    The burning of the car is absolutely outrageous and I’ll be disgusted if this isn’t investigated properly and if that investigation is not forced from the very top. What happened Kevin Lunney was disgraceful and there was real anger in this country that a man doing his job could be subjected to what he went through. For an instrument of the state, the people charged with keeping law and order, to have a car/evidence burned while it was in their care is beyond unacceptable. I’m not one for conspiracy theories but anyone believing this was an accident needs their head read.

When I heard the report on the radio yesterday it was a real WTF? moment. As another poster said it completely reminds you of them losing a blood splattered gate in the Ian Bailey case, a vital piece of evidence that may have exonerated him or prosecuted him.

Something is still very rotten in the Gardai if members feel they can pervert the course of justice in this way. My bet is that if there is CCTV covering the location where the car was stored then that will vanish too.

Also all this has to be set against the backdrop of how Gardai allowed this situation to develop in the first place. Lets not forget that this is not just about the kidnap and torture of Kevin Lunney as there were over 70 other incidents reported to Gardai from including everything from intimidation to outright arson and criminal damage. Gardai up in Cavan turned a blind eye to widespread lawlessness in the area for more than four years while Lunney and his colleagues were terrorised. It took the kidnap and torture of Lunney to finally make Gardai in HQ stand up and take notice, if it was left to the Cavan lot it would still be going on to this day.

Maurice McCabe was right, that Cavan division of the Gardai is absolutely rotten to the core. The very people employed to uphold the law are actively going around and breaking it.

• Advertisement

Why would you 'assume' that? Read the thread.

Sorry,I don’t have time to read through 94 pages, I’m just going by your post suggesting that if we knew what the locals know we’d understand why Kevin Lunney was attacked.
    I’m obviously not the only poster who took that inference. Can’t be bothered replying to anymore of your teasing posts.
    Do you support Sean Quinn?, yes or no?

Sorry,I don’t have time to read through 94 pages, I’m just going by your post suggesting that if we knew what the locals know we’d understand why Kevin Lunney was attacked.
    I’m obviously not the only poster who took that inference. Can’t be bothered replying to anymore of your teasing posts.
    Do you support Sean Quinn?, yes or no?

It's not a game of football.

I gave my views on Quinn earlier.

It's not a game of football.

I gave my views on Quinn earlier.

Which are? Any chance of a straight answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Absolutely agree. I don't know where you got the idea I think any other way.

I didn’t. I just wanted to know. My questions were sincere and genuine.

You are quite the SF supporter, which is fine, hence my curiosity here...

Which are? Any chance of a straight answer?

I am not here to be interrogated by you or anyone else and certainly not by somebody who thinks there are sides to be supported like football teams.

I have given my views on Quinn already. If you are that interested look them up.

What I think of him has nothing to do with the functioning of this thread.

I am not here to be interrogated by you or anyone else and certainly not by somebody who thinks there are sides to be supported like football teams.

I have given my views on Quinn already. If you are that interested look them up.

What I think of him has nothing to do with the functioning of this thread.
    Grand Francie, you’ve answered my questions, we can see where you ‘re coming from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Jizique

Had to be Francie with that answer

And one of the four is not being named for reasons unknown. Could it be a Garda informant or even worse, a Garda himself?

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    And one of the four is not being named for reasons unknown. Could it be a Garda informant or even worse, a Garda himself?

One is not being named because he is currently before the courts in another charge.
    He is not being named so it does not prejudice that case.
    No tin foil hats needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

One is not being named because he is currently before the courts in another charge.
    No tin foil hats needed.
    Dont let the truth come in the way of a good conspiracy plot.
    I didnt know why the fourth man wasn't being named until I asked here a while back

No tin foil hats needed.

Well pardon the tin foil hat but we already have Gardai 'accidently' burning a car and destroying evidence in this case and the force up there playing omerta to over 70 cases of intimidation and arson. In the Cavan district anything is possible, this is the very same set who tried to frame Maurice McCabe with a false paedo allegation coming from a Gardas daughter. Its rotten to the core up there.

, this is the very same set who tried to frame Maurice McCabe with a false paedo allegation coming from a Gardas daughter. Its rotten to the core up there.

You do, of course, have some proof of this?

You do, of course, have some proof of this?

yeah it was called the Charleton Tribunal. But you were already aware of that. Meanwhile we have another tribunal in the making again up in the Cavan district with Gardai 'accidentally' burning evidence :rolleyes: Have you anything to say about that, are Gardai up in Cavan incompetent or corrupt, which is it?

yeah it was called the Charleton Tribunal. But you were already aware of that. Meanwhile we have another tribunal in the making again up in the Cavan district with Gardai 'accidentally' burning evidence :rolleyes: Have you anything to say about that, are Gardai up in Cavan incompetent or corrupt, which is it?

The Charleton tribunal never found that AGS made up 'paedo ' claims about McCabe & neither did he find that a young girl made any false accusations.
    So stick to the facts please.

I have no knowledge about cars being burnt.

The Charleton tribunal never found that AGS made up 'paedo ' claims about McCabe & neither did he find that a young girl made any false accusations.
    So stick to the facts please.

I never said AGS but a member of. Same member who showed up to a crime scene pissed out of his brains off duty using a stolen Garda car and later ended up demoted over the incident because Maurice McCabe reported it. That guy, he had a grudge against McCabe and then a completely bogus paedophile allegation suddenly surfaces against McCabe, an allegation that Tulsa held to be false and even if it what was described actually happened it still wasnt sexual abuse. But as Lorraine McCabe said the entire town of Baileborough was awash with rumour that Maurice was a paedo, now unless McCabe was spreading rumours about himself then there was only one source of where that came from. Our Garda friend with a grudge, you would want to be extraordinarily naieve to argue otherwise. Absolutely sickening behaviour to try to sully a good mans name but thats what he did, thats the level of scumbaggery that can be found in that Cavan division.

I have no knowledge about cars being burnt.

It was all over the media two days ago, links in thread. Do you think the Gardai in Cavan who burnt the car used to transport a kidnapped Kevin Lunney incompetent or corrupt? Unless you have some sort of bizarre third way from what I am seeing they are rotten to the core. All we're missing now is the magic disappearance of the CCTV but I suppose that will be along shortly enough.

Harris needs to go up there and sort that division out. He is in the job because of what happened McCabe in Cavan and still three years later we have rogue Gardai in Cavan destroying evidence and perverting the course of justice for a man who was terrorised for four years solid without action or arrests until he nearly died after hours of torture. The silence from both Charlies Flanagan and Drew Harris on this is deafening, not a peep out of either of them.

Tulsa did not find any allegation to be false. The dpp directed that there was no offence disclosed. Now, that does not in anyway take away from anything a young girl said about what happened to her. You have no knowledge of what was in that allegation, no more then anyone else.
    I have a big issue with people trying to defame a young girls name.
    Also, to suggest that anyone would use their child to make a false allegation, is a dreadful claim to make, & one that you cannot back up.

When I say I have no knowledge I mean I don't know what happened to that car, but considering AGS don't dispose of anything by burning, it seems extremely unlikely to have been done by accident. Which obviously points to someone destroying it. Who that was I have no idea, but I have no doubt the culprit will be found.

I also do not believe in painting all members of AGS, nor all members in a division, corrupt or incompetent.
    If a guard was responsible for destroying evidence, I would have no doubt that he/she will be dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭razor8

I never said AGS but a member of. Same member who showed up to a crime scene pissed out of his brains off duty using a stolen Garda car and later ended up demoted over the incident because Maurice McCabe reported it. That guy, he had a grudge against McCabe and then a completely bogus paedophile allegation suddenly surfaces against McCabe, an allegation that Tulsa held to be false and even if it what was described actually happened it still wasnt sexual abuse. But as Lorraine McCabe said the entire town of Baileborough was awash with rumour that Maurice was a paedo, now unless McCabe was spreading rumours about himself then there was only one source of where that came from. Our Garda friend with a grudge, you would want to be extraordinarily naieve to argue otherwise. Absolutely sickening behaviour to try to sully a good mans name but thats what he did, thats the level of scumbaggery that can be found in that Cavan division.

It was all over the media two days ago, links in thread. Do you think the Gardai in Cavan who burnt the car used to transport a kidnapped Kevin Lunney incompetent or corrupt? Unless you have some sort of bizarre third way from what I am seeing they are rotten to the core. All we're missing now is the magic disappearance of the CCTV but I suppose that will be along shortly enough.

Harris needs to go up there and sort that division out. He is in the job because of what happened McCabe in Cavan and still three years later we have rogue Gardai in Cavan destroying evidence and perverting the course of justice for a man who was terrorised for four years solid without action or arrests until he nearly died after hours of torture. The silence from both Charlies Flanagan and Drew Harris on this is deafening, not a peep out of either of them.

Where in the media did it say a Gardaí burned the car??? My understanding was the car was burned while in police custody so could of been burned by anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

razor8 wrote: »
    Where in the media did it say a Gardaí burned the car??? My understanding was the car was burned while in police custody so could of been burned by anyone

This wasn't a car impounded for no tax. It was evidence in a serious criminal case. It's, at very least, exceptional negligence especially as it was likely that an attempt would be made to destroy evidence.

Does "anyone" have access to evidential vehicles in Garda custody?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement