Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Francie, you reckon this case has no relevance to the thread title even though his parents were arrested about the other attack on Lunney?
    https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/03/12/news/man-61-arrested-over-kevin-lunney-abduction-says-family-had-no-act-or-part-in-attack-1865463/

Wow Quinn at it again, from the article
    Mr Quinn, once Ireland's richest man, has repeatedly condemned a campaign of intimidation targeting QIH including the attack on Kevin Lunney, which he described as "barbaric".

That quote about the attack on Lunney is from shortly after he was kidnapped and tortured.
    But then asked yesterday about the McGovern family and after the trial in court Quinn has this to say
    Asked about the McGoverns yesterday, Sean Quinn told The Irish News they are "very decent people".

"Father before them and all generations very decent people," he said.

Shows you what Quinn really thinks about the attacks on Kevin Lunney when he refers to all generations of the McGovern family as being "decent people", this despite the CCTV showing the actions of the scumbag son

Very shady stuff going on in that area, Ireland’s once richest man seems very bitter.

The boxer guy had to be punished though you can’t go round battering a man like that because you have some beef with him in a civilised society.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I believe his brothers successful gaa president election had some dodgey help from Sean also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I believe his brothers successful gaa president election had some dodgey help from Sean also

When was there a McGovern president of the GAA? or are you on about Peter Quinn Fermanagh?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

When was there a McGovern president of the GAA? or are you on about Peter Quinn Fermanagh?

What do you think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Quinn_(sports_administrator)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Absolutely...but can you say what it has to do with the topic of the thread please?

Why don't you just set up a separate thread, where you can address various cowardly attacks on Kevin Lunney? And give your reasons there, as to why they can't be discussed or linked.

Thread wont be allowed continue on the vein the sf folks dont like, itll be spoil spoil spoil until ppl stop discussing what they dont want discussed

Every thread on anything linked with distasteful elements of nationalism criminality is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,155 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Effects wrote: »
    Why don't you just set up a separate thread, where you can address various cowardly attacks on Kevin Lunney? And give your reasons there, as to why they can't be discussed or linked.

All I asked was - what connection it had to the thread topic?

The court was very adamant it had nothing to do with the previous attacks on Lunney

• Registered Users Posts: 56,257 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The court was very adamant it had nothing to do with the previous attacks on Lunney

I’m lost

Previous attacks or subsequent attacks?

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    I’m lost

Previous attacks or subsequent attacks?

Read the court reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Quote who in the court said there was no link and explain how they would know that please Francie and why are you so keen to end discussion on this case.

Quote who in the court said there was no link and explain how they would know that please Francie and why are you so keen to end discussion on this case.

Just the Judge himself.
    Judge Aylmer also said that McGovern is not connected in any way to a previous attack on Mr Lunney, in which he was abducted and savagely beaten in September 2019.

Discuss away all you want, all I asked was what connection it had to the topic of the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

defending the indefensible

seems to be a trend with some of these people

Just the Judge himself.

Discuss away all you want, all I asked was what connection it had to the topic of the thread.

Thread topic was Kevin Lunney being assaulted, how much more of a connection do you want?

Thread topic was Kevin Lunney being assaulted, how much more of a connection do you want?

The OP is about the abduction and beating of Lunney which the judge expressly said had nothing to do with this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,257 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just the Judge himself.

Ok, the way the wording here is kind of confused..

Lunney’s abduction was 8 months after cafe attack..

The way the quote reads could be construed as the judge implying the abduction as having happened before the cafe attack

Anyway, there is a link in the sense that this man was a target for people all with issues surrounding QIH..

Whether McGovern did or did not have a part in the abduction is irrelevant, his mission in Feb 2019 was the same as the mission in September 2019. Both incidents to hurt the same man connected to the same company and issues surrounding the company

walshb wrote: »
    Ok, the way the wording here is kind of confused..

Lunney’s abduction was 8 months after cafe attack..

The way the quote reads could be construed as the judge implying the abduction as having happened before the cafe attack

Anyway, there is a link in the sense that this man was a target for people all with issues surrounding QIH..

Whether McGovern did or did not have a part in the abduction is irrelevant, his mission in Feb 2019 was the same as the mission in September 2019. Both incidents to hurt the same man connected to the same company and issues surrounding the company

Whenever somebody can make a credible connection to the organised campaign against Quinn/Mannock or something new arises about that topic, will you send me a message and I'll come back for a read.

Whenever somebody can make a credible connection to the organised campaign against Quinn/Mannock or something new arises about that topic, will you send me a message and I'll come back for a read.

At least you’re agreed there was an organized campaign against the directors, any idea who was behind the campaign to hand control of the companies back to Sean Quinn and who stood to gain from the campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

celt262 wrote: »

"I'll do a couple of months in jail"
    "Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have done it".

Maybe he should instead consider taking the "maybe" out of his thoughts.

I don’t think the gaa central council approved that statement, very unusual to make a statement like that. They’ll be pulled up over that .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Hes remarkably relaxed over the whole thing. Not a bit worried about jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Hes remarkably relaxed over the whole thing. Not a bit worried about jail.

Don't think he expected to get over 3 years that's why he looks relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Seems like a nasty piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mgn wrote: »
    Don't think he expected to get over 3 years that's why he looks relaxed.

Yep, he says sure its just a couple of months in jail and has made peace with doing that time. Id say he got some shock when the judge handed him three years.

Pretty obvious he doesnt have any remorse either despite claiming he did to the judge. If he had genuine remorse he wouldnt be saying "maybe I shouldnt have done it". Its clear from that alone that he hasnt learnt his lesson not to be violently assaulting people like that.

Id expect McGovern to appeal the severity of his sentence but now the DPP will have that video as a nice little snapshot of his attitude to show to the appeal judge. He is actually after hanging himself with that video because the appeal judge will not be impressed with him saying "maybe I shouldnt have done it".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yep, he says sure its just a couple of months in jail and has made peace with doing that time. Id say he got some shock when the judge handed him three years.

Pretty obvious he doesnt have any remorse either despite claiming he did to the judge. If he had genuine remorse he wouldnt be saying "maybe I shouldnt have done it". Its clear from that alone that he hasnt learnt his lesson not to be violently assaulting people like that.

Id expect McGovern to appeal the severity of his sentence but now the DPP will have that video as a nice little snapshot of his attitude to show to the appeal judge. He is actually after hanging himself with that video because the appeal judge will not be impressed with him saying "maybe I shouldnt have done it".

I bet you he wont throw to many cups of hot water into peoples faces where he is now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

What is it with the GAA in NI and defending every and any class of scumbag?

Fermanagh club expresses concern at member's jail sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

This isn't a court of law, it's a discussion forum.

The link is that it's the same person that has been attacked, in a cowardly fashion, because of the company he directs.

Bernard McGovern going on to say he can hold his head high, after sucker punching a sitting man and kicking him on the ground, shows you exactly what kind of scumbag he is.

I love the way every third post of yours is just you saying you are done with reading the thread.

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    This isn't a court of law, it's a discussion forum.

The link is that it's the same person that has been attacked, in a cowardly fashion, because of the company he directs.

Bernard McGovern going on to say he can hold his head high, after sucker punching a sitting man and kicking him on the ground, shows you exactly what kind of scumbag he is.

I love the way every third post of yours is just you saying you are done with reading the thread.

I click on the thread when I get a notification and address posts addressed to me out of manners. Am I partaking in discussion of the thread topic? No, because this is unrelated to the thread topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement