Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

I click on the thread when I get a notification and address posts addressed to me out of manners. Am I partaking in discussion of the thread topic? No, because this is unrelated to the thread topic.

Rename to "Quinn Director assaulted, abducted and assaulted"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

I click on the thread when I get a notification and address posts addressed to me out of manners. Am I partaking in discussion of the thread topic? No, because this is unrelated to the thread topic.

Maybe you should report the thread to the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You're probably best off unfollowing the thread in that case.
    People already understand you don't think multiple crimes and assaults against the same person should be discussed in the same thread. You just keep parroting the same thing over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,155 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Effects wrote: »
    You're probably best off unfollowing the thread in that case.
    People already understand you don't think multiple crimes and assaults against the same person should be discussed in the same thread. You just keep parroting the same thing over and over.

I am interested in the original case, which this has nothing to do with. Why should I unfollow?

I asked that somebody make a connection to that original case, which was a concerted and targeted campaign - nobody could.
    I.E. they are off topic and are discussing a random attack with no connection to the concerted campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

He'll have plenty of time to reflect and a conviction now that will follow him for life.

• Advertisement

I am interested in the original case, which this has nothing to do with. Why should I unfollow?

I asked that somebody make a connection to that original case, which was a concerted and targeted campaign - nobody could.
    I.E. they are off topic and are discussing a random attack with no connection to the concerted campaign.

Here is a connection to the original case, even though they were all released they were brought in for questioning although this may have been posted previously.

www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/03/12/news/man-61-arrested-over-kevin-lunney-abduction-says-family-had-no-act-or-part-in-attack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Well, multiple times you've said you're going to unfollow the thread, and then asked for someone to let you know when its 'back to discussing relevant stuff'. So perhaps you should just do it? It's utterly bizarre to continually keep claiming these events are unrelated. This is the same guy who was abducted and assaulted yes? Wasn't the thug in this case also questioned around the abduction?

celt262 wrote: »
    Here is a connection to the original case, even though they were all released they were brought in for questioning although this may have been posted previously.

www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/03/12/news/man-61-arrested-over-kevin-lunney-abduction-says-family-had-no-act-or-part-in-attack

Jesus, many people who supported Quinn have been questioned. The investigation into the campaign is an ongoing thing.

I ASKED can anybody here connect this attack to this campaign, because the court ruled any connection out. THE COURT, not me.

I'm all ears and eyes if you have info to connect it, I am interested in the topic of the thread as I said.

Jesus, many people who supported Quinn have been questioned. The investigation into the campaign is an ongoing thing.

I ASKED can anybody here connect this attack to this campaign, because the court ruled any connection out. THE COURT, not me.

I'm all ears and eyes if you have info to connect it, I am interested in the topic of the thread as I said.

I'm sure if anyone has any information they will pass it onto the Gardai.

I'm sure if anyone has any information they will pass it onto the Gardai.

Please do. And could posters stop addressing comments to me on this thread?
    I will comment when the thread returns to the original topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Everyone, please return to the topic of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Everyone, please return to the topic of this thread.

Can we clarify whats the topic of the thread though?

The title is Quinn Director abducted and assaulted and the case of the boxer Bernard McGovern was an assault on Quinn Director Kevin Lunney as seen in the CCTV.

If it cant be discussed in this thread then can it be discussed in another one? Im happy to set up another one but just feel the general topic is about what happened to Kevin Lunney in Cavan. Events have evolved from when it was first started a year and a half ago and thus so has discussion on the thread. In total there were over 70 incidents including assault, abduction, torture, theft and arson reported to Gardai in this campaign of intimidation against Kevin Lunney. So I just feel one thread is the place to discuss it all rather than separate ones for each incident that comes up in the news. But would appreciate clarity as to whether the McGovern assault on Lunney is off topic for this thread and if another one can be set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Can we clarify whats the topic of the thread though?

The title is Quinn Director abducted and assaulted and the case of the boxer Bernard McGovern was an assault on Quinn Director Kevin Lunney as seen in the CCTV.

If it cant be discussed in this thread then can it be discussed in another one? Im happy to set up another one but just feel the general topic is about what happened to Kevin Lunney in Cavan. Events have evolved from when it was first started a year and a half ago and thus so has discussion on the thread. In total there were over 70 incidents including assault, abduction, torture, theft and arson reported to Gardai in this campaign of intimidation against Kevin Lunney. So I just feel one thread is the place to discuss it all rather than separate ones for each incident that comes up in the news. But would appreciate clarity as to whether the McGovern assault on Lunney is off topic for this thread and if another one can be set up.

Come on now you know the best way to discuss a mod note isnt on thread.

But....because im in super good form with the good weather.....this thread is for the Kevin Lunney abduction and assault (as per the OP). Anything else that is current, please do start a new thread.

Baggly wrote: »
    Come on now you know the best way to discuss a mod note isnt on thread.

But....because im in super good form with the good weather.....this thread is for the Kevin Lunney abduction and assault (as per the OP). Anything else that is current, please do start a new thread.

Apologies Baggly I wasnt meaning to question a mod instruction on thread, was more just asking for clarity on what is deemed as off topic not just for myself but for other posters posting here too.

Im on mobile at the moment but will set up a fresh thread for the McGovern assault on Lunney when I get home to the laptop later this evening. Thanks for the clarification.

Why do the two different assaults need to be connected for you?
    Clearly there's a lot of scum that have worked for that company.
    Not all scum have to work together.

Why do the two different assaults need to be connected for you?
    Clearly there's a lot of scum that have worked for that company.
    Not all scum have to work together.

Has it's own thread now.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058171529

That thread links Bernard McGovern to previous instances of threats and intimidation against Lunney. It also links his arrest, and his parents arrest, in relation to the Abduction and assault that you claim isn't linked.

So maybe we can just have the two threads merged?

That thread links Bernard McGovern to previous instances of threats and intimidation against Lunney. It also links his arrest, and his parents arrest, in relation to the Abduction and assault that you claim isn't linked.

So maybe we can just have the two threads merged?

The court said there was no link. Good enough for me anyhow.

Well he seems to be involved in intimidation going by the report today and will have more court time.

I see Sinn Fein stuck there nose in aswell so probably explains a certain posters strange interest in all this.

If that's enough for you, then that's ok. That was a specific case in court.

This is a thread about an abduction and assault. Bernard McGovern was arrested in relation to that abduction and assault. That's enough to link him to both assaults, even if he wasn't actually involved in the abduction and assault.
    So it should be totally fine to discuss both in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,831 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

"I'll do a couple of months in jail"
    "Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have done it".

Maybe he should instead consider taking the "maybe" out of his thoughts.

The cockiness and self absorbed nature of the fella stands out. He seemed to revel in the publicity and seem to be thinking his anticipated few months in jail.

Good enough for him. I look forward to the update video when he serves his three years.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

If that's enough for you, then that's ok. That was a specific case in court.

This is a thread about an abduction and assault. Bernard McGovern was arrested in relation to that abduction and assault. That's enough to link him to both assaults, even if he wasn't actually involved in the abduction and assault.
    So it should be totally fine to discuss both in this thread.

The court said there was no link to the case which is the topic of this thread. That was my point.

I am coming here to read about that case not one which seems to be a common assault arising out of another issue somebody had with the company.

Until a verifiable connection is made, they are separate cases.

Well he seems to be involved in intimidation going by the report today and will have more court time.

I see Sinn Fein stuck there nose in aswell so probably explains a certain posters strange interest in all this.

It's a strange accusation to make that I am somehow trying to protect SF by ensuring there are two threads. Weird on tbh.

The court said there was no link to the case which is the topic of this thread. That was my point.

I thought your point was that people shouldn't discuss two separate assaults, against Kevin Lunney, where Bernard McGovern was arrested in relation to both assaults?

I thought your point was that people shouldn't discuss two separate assaults, against Kevin Lunney, where Bernard McGovern was arrested in relation to both assaults?

The court said there was NO connection. Not me.

Now if you don't mind, please discuss with the mod team. They have instructed us to stick with the topic of this thread and open a new thread, which has been done.

The court said there was NO connection. Not me.

Wait, so you do think there is a connection between both assaults, but you just think it shouldn't be discussed?

Wait, so you do think there is a connection between both assaults, but you just think it shouldn't be discussed?

Jaysus will you stop with the conspiracies?

I got fed up coming to this thread only to read about a common assault that the court said has no connection to the topic of this thread.

You have another thread to discuss this on, nobody is trying to stop you discussing it.

Now I am done explaining the same thing over and over. Take it up with a mod is your next move.

I got fed up coming to this thread only to read about a common assault that the court said has no connection to the topic of this thread.

The common assault, that may have lead to Bernard McGovern being arrested in the assault mentioned in the thread title?

We all agree that he might not be connected to the more serious assault, but he was certainly a person of interest if he was arrested in relation to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The common assault, that may have lead to Bernard McGovern being arrested in the assault mentioned in the thread title?

We all agree that he might not be connected to the more serious assault, but he was certainly a person of interest if he was arrested in relation to it.

his parents were arrested and released for the big assault were they not?

• Advertisement

his parents were arrested and released for the big assault were they not?

Yes they were along with their son Bernard and another close family member too. All were released without charge but that in itself doesnt mean anything.

At the time of the kidnapping and torture of Kevin Lunney it was reported that he was tortured for several hours on a farm before been driven elsewhere and dumped for dead at the side of a road. The media also reported that the McGovern family own a farm so the Garda line of enquiry seems to be focusing on the location of where he was tortured.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement